Trade in offer???

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
I have had my CO cobra since 2005, purchased with 18,xxx with 2.76 upper, K&N fipk, mgw shifter IRS brace and lunar pod gauges & sct tuner for $31k, 2 years ago I was looking at picking up a 2000 PSD excursion with 134,xxx miles for 14K for my winter vehicle as my beater puked out, had to re-finance my cobra as I was not getting financed for the truck...long story short I have been drooling over the ford rartor and getting tired of the plugging in the truck for extreme cold weather days here in Wisconsin, my local Ford dealership where I purchased my cobra has a 2011 screw raptor with 28,xxx for $44,400 and looked into trading in the cobra now with 34,xxx on it and the excursion with 137,xxx on it, dealer offered 8k for the truck and 20k for the cobra, kinda disappointed with the offers...opinions??? Cobra has Bruces IRS kit installed + 26 spline input, new clutch pressure plate and flywheel installed, should I just wait til spring and sell vehicles outright or what??? :??:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
IMO, that is a very very fair offer on your cobra...they will probably put 24-26k on it and finance someone to death, but if you are disappointed just list it on here and sell it, people FAP and die over that color so it should not be a hard sale..as for the excursion eh sell that too on the side if it has a diesel, not like u are stuck with a gas job v10 that u cant give away...also why a Raptor? i love them with all my heart, but u are going to get bored, they are slow, gas guzzling pigs, but can do cool shit and look badass...i mean its just my opinion, but id rather plug in my truck at night and have a sweet cobra to romp around in in nice weather, than one big load that gets 12 mpg lol

mineral154

whatever
Established Member
sounds about right if not even a good offer. i was offered 11.5k for a 60k mile vert svt by my brother in law for a lifted jeep with voided warranty. needless to say i sold it privatly 3 days later for 18k then bought a tt cobra . good luck, they are in it to make money.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
IMO, that is a very very fair offer on your cobra...they will probably put 24-26k on it and finance someone to death, but if you are disappointed just list it on here and sell it, people FAP and die over that color so it should not be a hard sale..as for the excursion eh sell that too on the side if it has a diesel, not like u are stuck with a gas job v10 that u cant give away...also why a Raptor? i love them with all my heart, but u are going to get bored, they are slow, gas guzzling pigs, but can do cool shit and look badass...i mean its just my opinion, but id rather plug in my truck at night and have a sweet cobra to romp around in in nice weather, than one big load that gets 12 mpg lol

Yeah, my brother is telling me the same thing, "you're gonna miss the sh_t out of the cobra once the new raptor feeling wears off"...I do love my car!!!

sounds about right if not even a good offer. i was offered 11.5k for a 60k mile vert svt by my brother in law for a lifted jeep with voided warranty. needless to say i sold it privatly 3 days later for 18k then bought a tt cobra . good luck, they are in it to make money.

Not out to make money, just feel I can make the payments more in-line with what I can afford if I can get more for the cobra...

Worse case senario, I keep what I have and continue to enjoy my cobra and next summer look into selling the Ex for something else...:beer: I just missed a call from the dealership during this reply...we'll see...Thanks for the input so far guys...

Last edited:

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I would not get rid of that Cobra, you will regret it no question about that. Sell the Excursion out-right and buy something else with the cash you made on the sale of the truck.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
20 grand for a 10 yr old car from the dealer has to say something good about the terminator...

Dealer upped it to 21k...not to mention they have a comp orange Mach in the showroom already...my family has been buying from this dealership since 1970, it was under different ownership but we never went elsewhere, not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name of the dealership, but they have ALWAYS gone above and beyond for us...question is, how much will I miss my terminator???

chitowncobra

Established Member
for kicks and giggles, I wanted to see if I could get a loan against my payed off 03 Cobra! I was pleasantly suprised the same bank that gave me the loan when I bought it new, was gone to borrow me $20,000. against it! says a lot about the old terminator!:beer:

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
i vote keep the cobra but if it comes down to it then just sell it on here and get someone that would love the hell out of it like you did. Make a little more money and be happy in the long run. Good luck either way, its a tough choice

hotcobra03

Established Member
Dealer upped it to 21k...not to mention they have a comp orange Mach in the showroom already...my family has been buying from this dealership since 1970, it was under different ownership but we never went elsewhere, not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name of the dealership, but they have ALWAYS gone above and beyond for us...question is, how much will I miss my terminator???

we drive ours..i would miss it..unless i got something like it...chances of getting another very rare car are slim..for me

i like the muscle car feel and sound..

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Is the Raptor fully loaded? I've been looking at Raptors for about 6months now and that seems high with those miles. If I go through my bank I can get a brand new 2012 super crew base Raptor for $45k with their new car buying program.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Is the Raptor fully loaded? I've been looking at Raptors for about 6months now and that seems high with those miles. If I go through my bank I can get a brand new 2012 super crew base Raptor for $45k with their new car buying program.

Screw without nav. or backup camera, has lux package though and moonroof...???

Blackedout

Established Member
I would not get rid of that Cobra, you will regret it no question about that. Sell the Excursion out-right and buy something else with the cash you made on the sale of the truck.

^^^^ THIS.. :nono:

dlc03

Established Member
I was looking at trading in my 03 cobra for 08 c6z. They were gonna give me 17k for mine with 64,000 miles. You have a decent offer.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
You can sell your comp o cobra on here for 24k-27k if its great shape, people love this color, and it would sell in a week or two here no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
OP.....21K from a stealership is a very good offer, but like has been mentioned above, you're probably better off trying to sell on the forums.....your CO with low miles should sell fairly quick at a very decent price.....if in fact you're really wanting to sell.

ChrisMustang

Established Member
21k is a fantastic offer for your car from a dealer. Obviously you can't expect a dealer to pay retail value since they arent keeping the car and have to have room to list it up, have someone negotiate down and still make some money.

Users who are viewing this thread