Trade in offer???

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
21k from a dealer is primo. But you could get more on here if you wanted to sell it. I can tell you that you will miss it, and everytime you're sitting at a red light on a 70 degree Friday night and a nice Mustang or Cobra pulls up next to you in your Raptor, you're going to go home and shove a spoon in your ass because you're pissed off about getting rid of your Terminator. Raptors are great and all, but I wouldn't get rid of my Terminator for one. I'd get rid of my Terminator to upgrade to a newer GT500 or something, but not a truck, no matter how badass. Take it from someone whose been there, not having a play car SUCKS.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
A few months back I went into a local Cdn dealership and looked into trading in my 04 Cobra and buy a 2013 GT500. Turns out the most they would give me is $20K. I nearly shit and left.

Eventhough they may be worth that amount in cash / trade in I would never sell this car for such a low price. I concluded that it was worth just keeping it and look at getting another car as well. I mean $20K is nothing.

SBTerminator

Established Member
Remember if depending on your state, you might also have a "Tax Credit" by trading it in vs selling it on your own.

Example: where I live, tax rate is 8.75%. If I trade in a vehicle for 21k, and the vehicle I'm buying costs $45,000, I pay taxes on the trade difference($24k). If I sold it on the street, I'd have to sell it for $22837.50 or more. I'd save $1837.50 in taxes, and that's what a lot of people forget about.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, the trade in offer from that dealer is pretty sweet, but.......if you even suspect you might miss your Cobra then I wouldn't trade it in. Wait until next summer and see if your feelings change. I have to say that when I sold my '03 Cobra and bought an '03 Infiniti QX4 SUV, I was more than happy with the swap. The comfort, luxury and utility of the QX4 made me miss my Cobra to a lesser degree. I actually loved driving it. Now if I had traded it in for a truck, I doubt I would have accepted the change as easily. That is, unless I was a real truck guy and needed a truck. If you really want a Raptor, there will be opportunities in the future. My advice is don't jump the gun too quickly. JMO.

cbr repsol

Established Member
They prob wont budge on the asking price of the raptor ,thats why offer is so good. I agree with all if u do sell it. Sell on the forums u will make another 3-6k.
and u will miss it ,i miss mine everyday . I look forward to the next one i get,saving right now and should be back in the game next year. Unless the world ends before that. Lol

Tractionless1

Established Member
Get a 5.4l F150 for a fraction of the cost throw a blower on it, buy tires/wheels, and fender flairs and you got a Faptor that will spank a real ones ass! I'm sure you'll still be under $44k.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Get a 5.4l F150 for a fraction of the cost throw a blower on it, buy tires/wheels, and fender flairs and you got a Faptor that will spank a real ones ass! I'm sure you'll still be under $44k.

^ +1
I have thought about buying a F150 and putting the Raptor front grill on it if possible. Looks like it will take the whole front clip though.

Users who are viewing this thread