TPMS delete, anyone figure it out?

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I tend to like the TPMS, it's already saved my ass once. These 19" tires are nail magnets.

JerryC

Established Member
I wonder if the computer is dumb enough that you could train it with just one sensor. Keep scanning the same one for all for corners.

That way you put it in just one wheel or just one in a PVC tube.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
This is controlled by the SJB(smart junction box). You're going to have to figure a way to flash the SJB with a new calibration which turns off TPMS functions to totally eliminate this.

Exactly. And because this would be a direct violation of the TREAD ACT, I highly doubt you'll ever see this done.

The liability here for defeating the system prevents anyone from providing instructions on how to do it. Were you to to be injured or to injure someone else in an accident with a defeated TPM system, lawyers would absolutely bury you if the event data recorder showed lower than recommended tire pressure was somehow to blame.

I don't like the fact that our government mandated these systems but once they did there is no turning back.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
The TPMS would be a great idea if it actually told you which tire was low. My TPMS dummy light just illuminated the other night and you guess it.... All tires look perfectly inflated.

Last edited:

snkchmr 1

I also tried the PVC trick with no luck over a year ago. LOL if you have the money for a $30,000 plus car & aftermarket parts don't let $200 back you up.

JerryC

Established Member
I'm one of the folks that likes the TPMS. On my Taurus it let me know twice that I had a problem (nail) before I lost enough pressure to realize there was a problem.

With the smaller sidewalls on modern cars I am guessing that it doesnt take much driving on a low tire to trash both the tire and rim.

Knowing which corner of the car has a problem would have been nice. The car seems to know since you program them in a certain order.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
it takes less than 1 mile of driving to ruin a tire that is severely under inflated. we see it at least 3-4 times a week at the shop.

i have no problem with my TPMS sensors, in fact they have already saved me twice now from running a tire completely flat

Bud

Established Member
4 new sensors with stems can be had on ebay for 100 bucks, so they aren't too bad. If you are buying rims/tires already mounted I can see it being a pain. For drag wheels/tires I wouldn't even put them in due to running low pressure and do you really need tpms at the track? Also not sure if anybody makes metal valve stems for these sensors so you can pass tech with them anyhow.

One odd thing I did notice is that I had a spare set of stock rims that came with sensors for my mickeys, never trained the car for the new sensors but it seemed to pick them up on its own. Had them on for about 500 miles with no tpms light, swapped back to my stockers with no tpms learning and still no light...who knows

I did have tpms on a vehicle help me once on the interstate, light came on before I ever felt the car behave differently. The tpms warning afforded me enough time/air to get off the busy 80mph interstate to a slower side road that was a little better for changing a flat.

Users who are viewing this thread