TPMS delete, anyone figure it out?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Has anyone figured out how to bypass the TPMS crap? I do not much care for it since im a mechanic and i look at my tires on the regular anyways. I want to buy some wheels and tires for the car but i dont wanna pay 200 bucks for the new TPMS. If i order wheels and tires mounted like from late model the come w/o TPMS so i would have to pay even more to swap out my stock ones to the wheels i buy.

i searched but couldnt find anything.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
im in iraq right now so i cant go out into the garage and look but does the TPMS light come on in the lil middle digital info box or is it a warning light that i could just unplug?

you would think someone could figure this out by now with a resistor or something. if i was home i would try stuff out.

ViciousJay

Established Member
im in iraq right now so i cant go out into the garage and look but does the TPMS light come on in the lil middle digital info box or is it a warning light that i could just unplug?

you would think someone could figure this out by now with a resistor or something. if i was home i would try stuff out.

you used to be able to do that but hey got smart in '11

SicShelby09

Banned
Put them all in a pressured can of some sort. something you can seal, air up to 32ish psi then throw it in the back seat.

kevinp

Established Member
put the TPMS sensors in the spare tire :)

Vette guys put them in a PVC pipe with a cap on one end and a tire valve on the other cap, fill them up with 32psi or whatever and throw it in the trunk.

ViciousJay

Established Member

Vette guys put them in a PVC pipe with a cap on one end and a tire valve on the other cap, fill them up with 32psi or whatever and throw it in the trunk.

smart move Kev :beer:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

Yup, this is your best bet if you don't want to deal with the TPMS. Cost effective and works.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member

nice idea but it wont work. the sensors are motion activated so unless you have a rotating spare tire you are still gonna have the annoying little light on the dash.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
well when i get home i guess il try putting the TPMS sensors in a PVC pipe thats is plugged. i would put them in the spare tire but i would probably get a flat and then not only would i need a new tire i would need 200 bucks worth or senseless sensors too. thanks for the idea guys.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I'm going to have to disagree with that. When I have the Weld wheels on mine, if I even park near the stock wheels, the light goes off and stays off for quite a few miles, even through key cycles that happen when I am away from the stock wheels.

+1

Mine does the same thing with my Race Stars on the car and my Brembo wheels stacked in the garage beside the car.

1Quick4.6

Established Member

I did this on my 08 vette and dropped it in the lil stroage area in the trunk work great

kevinp

Established Member
I did this on my 08 vette and dropped it in the lil stroage area in the trunk work great

I never tried it on my C5 or C6s but a few guys I know did and it worked. C5/C6 vettes are pretty annoying when the TPMS warning goes off..

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
I'm going to have to disagree with that. When I have the Weld wheels on mine, if I even park near the stock wheels, the light goes off and stays off for quite a few miles, even through key cycles that happen when I am away from the stock wheels.

never had any luck with mine doing that. i parked by me old wheels with the mustang and the light never went off. when i had my 09 F250 i could have the stock wheels in the bed and they would not turn the light off either. as soon as i swap wheels out and get over 20 MPH the light goes away

908ssp

Established Member
Here is what the bulb looks like you have to disconnect.

_1012307crop.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread