TPMS delete, anyone figure it out?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Here is what the bulb looks like you have to disconnect.

_1012307crop.jpg

it shows up in the digital display.

SicShelby09

Banned
I don't know if this is the same as the vettes, but it won't let you turn off the traction systems unless the sensors are working properly. That's why the vette guys try to bypass it and not ignore it. Because at the track with drag radials the car won't let you burnout or turn off the active handling if the are missing and the error is up.

Tucker

They are motion sensors and it will only work for a little while.
I did it on my 11 GT and the light comes back on after a while

Jay

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
what a pain in the ass....

where is the sensor(s) that picks up the TPMS signals? wonder if that can just be jumped or something.

someone get me a wire schematic and il figure this out.

Rickv09GT500

Put them in a PVC pipe, seal up both ends air tight with a valve stem in one end. Then fill it with air up to 35 psi. Then throw it in the trunk. I did it with the 07GT I had and it worked perfectly.

SicShelby09

Banned
Put them in a PVC pipe, seal up both ends air tight with a valve stem in one end. Then fill it with air up to 35 psi. Then throw it in the trunk. I did it with the 07GT I had and it worked perfectly.

Welcome to last week. My post almost exactly. LOL

:banana:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member

Welcome to last week. My post almost exactly. LOL

:banana:

They are motion sensors and it will only work for a little while.
I did it on my 11 GT and the light comes back on after a while

Jay

what he said

FWP!

Established Member
I looked into this before, just not gonna work unless someone figures out how to reflash whatever needs to be reflashed. I ended up getting the TPMS training tool thing from Ford when I got new wheels to get the light and message in the info display thing to turn off.

TTA89

Established Member
RIGHT???!!!! Just leave the TPMS in the wheels and be done w/ it.

At least for me I will have probably 3 sets of wheels.

I currently run the stock set with sensors with Blizzack snow tires on them. In the spring I'll buy another set of wheels to run summer tires and then I can flip/flop back and forth in the Spring/Fall. I'll have to purchase $200 bucks worth of sensors for the new wheels.

I'd also like to buy 2 more wheels and a set of drag radials for the few nights I go to the track or want to play on the street. More sensors for those wheels...

The cost adds up fast! The functionality might be useful for a non-car person that can't tell when a tire is flat but for me it's a total waste of time and money.

Last edited:

Turbo900rr

Established Member
So going back to the sensors in the inflated PVC pipe. Where is the cheapest place to buy sensors? I sold my wheels and didnt get the sensors out first.

Ditty

Established Member
If you're spending THAT much for wheels/tires, why NOT just get the sensors? It alleviates a LOT of headache. And I AM a car person....and fully intend in getting some stock newtakeoffs for my winter tires soon, and I WILL be putting the sensors in 'em. I understand on having sensors in drag radials, but ANYTHING seeing more than 1000 miles a year should have sensors.
Just sounds to me like there is a LOT of discussion about a 'fix' that is already there....install the sensors.

acrbill

Established Member
IMO the sensors are a terrible idea. They are like those automatic seatbelts they had in the early 90's. I air my tires down at the track and I can think of two instances where I forgot to air back up and the light never lit up on the 50 mile trip back home with 22psi in the rear tires.

Users who are viewing this thread