tow rig totaled, rethinking my gt500, opinions please

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
a little back story, a few people know that my trip to mustang week has been canceled due to an accident my brother was in with my new truck. he was driving down the road at roughly 55 mph when a 16 year old female turned into him while trying to entire a neighborhood.

Flickr: distorto's Photostream

well after almost two weeks, the insurance company has been slow to get an estimate back to me, they are saying that the truck will possibly be totaled. so this has gotten my wheels turning.

i am throwing around the idea of taking the 08 back to stock, between the insurance check and the equity i currently have in the orange car i should be able to get into a 10 or 11 at a fairly reasonable price. i can take all of the current mods i have and transfer them over. and for the amount of mods i have i am not sure that there will be a huge benefit for me to worry about the 2011. this is just an idea that i am tossing around and was curious to see what others may think.

damn i loved that truck but it has less than 2000 miles on it and after a hit like that i do not want it back:nonono:

someone please post up the pictures from the link, the internet is running too slow for me today.

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
also, has anyone tried to trade in their gt500 lately and what was the offer? i ask because i have looked at kbb and nada but they will not give a price because it is claimed to be a small market:shrug:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I hope your brother and that other chick are alright. I wouldn't sell your G.O. car. It's sick.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i dont know how to link from flicker so i saved them and uploaded them to my own photobucket account broheem :beer:
4596998317_b3ba7aa647_b.gif

4596999325_7572f93910_b.gif

4597586052_c7befd5d39_b.gif

4597600354_387acdff9f_b.gif

4597614538_3dccea737f_b.gif

4596982035_3277067e19_b.gif

4596975423_3b54c9b310_b.gif

4597616330_7623f7a341_b.gif

4597001163_0c1cd8b954_b.gif

CPRsm

Wouldn't want it back either man. If you did get it fixed, the car fax/trade in would ruin any potential value realistically in the truck.

Do you want a '10-'11 because you like it better, or because you will have money burning a whole in your pocket ?
If you do ditch the car, sell it. Trading it in alway hurts. Give you way less than it's worth because they have to clean,touchup, million point inspection, re-sell for a profit.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
since youre running a monster TT kit anyways, all you'd be getting is slightly nicer interior and different sheetmetal, which is subjective and personal in the looks department. personally, i still like the 07-09s look more, although the 10+ has grown on me a hell of a lot more :D

how about a Raptor? my buddy just picked up a 6.2 today! awesome truck! next year they'll be offering a crew cab version :uh oh:

unless they cant tow as much.....i dont know about their tow ratings. but probably even MORE fun than the super duty! :dancenana:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Agree with Steve about the '10. I'd say '11 or keep the current ride. Unless, of course, you want a newer model with better resale down the road. Just change the rear bumper as soon as you can if you opt for a newer model.

If they do not total your truck, fight (and it will be a fight) for the decreased value of your truck with regards to resale value. Don't let them get away with passing that hit off to you. Diminished Value Claim should sound familiar to your insurance agent.

Last edited:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
I don't think you should sell the 500.... BUT if you do, how much you think you'll be selling the TT setup for?

What? Just sayin.....:thumbsup:

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
I just went from a 2007 to a 2010 and I will never look back. I love the 2010. Some say it's minor changes, but to me it is a whole different car, and I love it.

You should be able to find a 2010 for a really great price(~invoice). It just might be hard to find the options you want. I lucked out and the dealer happened to have the exact car I would have ordered sitting on their lot. Not sure how many are left sitting around though. Mine was #3345 of 3545 coupes built for 2010.

The 2011 is nice though, but I would be curious to see how the new block holds up to the Hellion kit :rockon:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't think you should sell the 500.... BUT if you do, how much you think you'll be selling the TT setup for?

What? Just sayin.....:thumbsup:

He's returning his car to stock so that he can install all of the mods on the 2010, if he gets a 2010.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Damn, I need one of those wheels from your truck lol. Some little old lady turned into mine and hit me in the rear wheel and fug'd it all up. $2900 in damage and no body damage and drives fine. I cant imagine what yours will cost to fix but it doesn't seem totaled. Esp if it was a diesel $50k+ new.

brisk_tea

Established Member
since youre running a monster TT kit anyways, all you'd be getting is slightly nicer interior and different sheetmetal, which is subjective and personal in the looks department. personally, i still like the 07-09s look more, although the 10+ has grown on me a hell of a lot more :D

how about a Raptor? my buddy just picked up a 6.2 today! awesome truck! next year they'll be offering a crew cab version :uh oh:

unless they cant tow as much.....i dont know about their tow ratings. but probably even MORE fun than the super duty! :dancenana:

+1 - might as well get another truck

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
her insurance company is the one asking what i want to do because i guess it is on the verge, right now just over 30k and someone else had mentioned the diminished value thing to me.

if i go forward with the new 500 it is just because i like the car and yes everything that is compatible will transfer over. after playing around on the ford site i saw a couple of options i liked but it would require changing of the color combo. kona with grabber stripes, red with grabber stripes or even sterling with them:shrug:

i am sure i can get a great deal on a 10 but i have not studied up enough to know if the benefits of the 11 are only in weight reduction.:shrug:

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
All the changes I have seen documented are in this thread:

2011 Overview

Several things on the 2011 are first year production technologies for the mustang. I am indifferent on the block, weight savings are nice, but how will the sleeving technology hold up to the mod world. Only time will tell. Can't go wrong with either car in the end. 2011 you can order, and will most likely cost more vs the 2010s remaining on dealers' lots.

Oh and the Supercrew Raptor will be win! The wife is rather pissed, that they are bringing those out in 2011 when she just picked up a 2010 FX4.

Van@RevanRacing

her insurance company is the one asking what i want to do because i guess it is on the verge, right now just over 30k and someone else had mentioned the diminished value thing to me.

if i go forward with the new 500 it is just because i like the car and yes everything that is compatible will transfer over. after playing around on the ford site i saw a couple of options i liked but it would require changing of the color combo. kona with grabber stripes, red with grabber stripes or even sterling with them:shrug:

i am sure i can get a great deal on a 10 but i have not studied up enough to know if the benefits of the 11 are only in weight reduction.:shrug:

That sucks James. Total the truck if you can.

Are you sure you want to get rid of The Grabber Orange Twin Turbo Tejas Mile Torturer? Que?

I think if you hold on to it you will love it like the Tea Green Coupe. :rockon:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
the green tea coupe, or at least the power plant, will be the mile platform. the only thing that i will really miss about the 08 is the color, i wish ford made the "look at me" me colors the car deserved!

Users who are viewing this thread