tow rig totaled, rethinking my gt500, opinions please

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I say keep the 08... Unique color, she's treated you well, I personally still like the 07-09 body styling more, you'll lose money on the trade in and you'll miss your "first love." Just my $0.02.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Get a 2011 and be that guy who does the first TT again!!!

Thought he was the second or third

Sorry about the truck, that thing is messed up! I say get the 11 or keep yours waste of money to mess with the 10

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
first production kit but tony beat me to the punch......... come to think of it tony has beat everyone to the punch:poke:

as for the raptor idea, beautiful truck but i have no idea what the towing would be on it and i traded in my 07 f150 for the 250 for the towing capabilities. if i get another truck it would just be the mirror image, damn that thing was nice, ridiculously nice!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
although i absolutely LOVE the color combo of your current car, i say get the 2011. not only does it have the aluminum block, but it also has the electric power steering(more weight reduction/frees up more engine power) which i'm not sure is compatible with the older models, and it also has a stiffer chassis on top of that. that's not even mentioning the much better interior. i'm not sure what you think about the looks, but i think ford made the '10s/'11s much more sleek and aggressive looking. the '11 also has improved aerodynamics as well(every little bit helps when your running the mile!).

i think the ultimate car would be a TT '11 painted to match your current car. that thing would be evil!!!

that really sucks about your truck though. the way that thing looks, i wouldn't want them to try to fix it. i doubt it would ever drive the same again.

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
i say take the '11 over the '10. maybe wait a few months and see how the new block holds out.

or hell, even the new 5.0 looks badass

you home?

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Keep the 08 and get another Super Duty!!! You will regret it if you dont replace your truck!

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
thanks alot trappo, now all i have been thinking about since i woke up is doing it and painting the new car..lol..

no willie, still in afghanistan but i will be home at the end of june, i will give you a ride in the green car:beer:

damn you ry!

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
no problem, LOL. i gotta say, that would possibly the sickest GT500 in existance, a twin turbo satin black(a must!) on grabber orange 2011 with those wheels!

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
sounds like we need a photochop, i am no good at this though so do you know anyone?

Far from perfect, but you get the idea.

2011gt500coupe06.jpg

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
OMG!

damn you ry, damn you!

thanks for the chop, it looks really good:beer: i had given thought to the paint scheme if it was to be redone and the color on my coupe crossed my mind as well. someone on another forum did a chop for me, let me see if i can find it.

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
this was when the 2010 was just being dropped, i always thought ford screwed up by getting rid of the legend lime when the shelby came out. if i get a new car and paint it then these two colors will be what torment me..lol.. either way is win but damn i am partial to this gabber orange now.

2010bullittforSGTDcopy.jpg

distorto

Established Member
the grabber orange 2010 does look great. i would hate to see you get rid of the orange car.

i just got the call that the truck is totaled.

you don't know how much of a relief that is for me.

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i woke up to three emails all letting me know the truck is a total loss. they are paying off the truck and cutting me a check for just under 6k, i am losing out on 1500 or so for the depreciation of 2000 miles but at this point i am just glad they are not trying to fix it.

now it is decision time on what i am going to do, i do need the truck for the same towing purpose but now i have the seed planted in my head for the new gt500:bash: stay tuned!

distoro above is my brother, the unfortunate driver and has felt like absolute shit over this so this is why he is relieved. i was initially pissed but in the end the truck can be replaced, i am rewarding him by taking him to dubai next month, the jury is out on if he will return:poke:

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
thanks alot trappo, now all i have been thinking about since i woke up is doing it and painting the new car..lol..

no willie, still in afghanistan but i will be home at the end of june, i will give you a ride in the green car:beer:

damn you ry!

you going back for good or just vacation?

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
hey dave, no i am still around, this is just a vacation but the need to be home is growing larger every day. not sure how much longer i will do this:shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
hey dave, no i am still around, this is just a vacation but the need to be home is growing larger every day. not sure how much longer i will do this:shrug:

yeah I feel you for sure on this. Financially I really should do another 1-2 years but not sure I am going to make that. Part of me says I shold be the last civilian out of Iraq since I was one of the first in LOL

Users who are viewing this thread