tow rig totaled, rethinking my gt500, opinions please

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The raptor can tow bout 5500 lbs based on the rear suspension. Its about half what the stock f150 can tow, but the 6.2 would be able to get up and move where the 5.4 150 would gradually pull forward towing the same weight. Also the 6.2 raptor are new 44k if not specd out and and 250 with the diesel would be closer to 50k. What did you pay for your last truck? Would you get the new 250? If you went for the 10 I am sure your could get a killer deal if not pick one up for below what the insurance paid you brand new.

The sterling gray 11 gt500 with the colorado red and black pinstripe looks wicked to me! Thats the combo I would get if I was ordering one with the svt package.

Good luck!:beer:

Here is the white with red svt pack
gt5001.jpg

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the '11 raptors also have a tow package option, though i don't know the details of it. if you want a raptor to tow with, i would just wait for the supercrew.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
well i think i may pick up another gt500 and put the other up for sale. if i was to do the truck, the raptor is not ideal for me and i would probably upgrade to the 2011 f250. i paid 57k for the 2010, it was the pearl white 4x4 decked to the max. i do not think there was another option available.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
test drove my buddy's new 6.2 Raptor tonight! i want one!!! :rockon::burnout:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
well i think i may pick up another gt500 and put the other up for sale. if i was to do the truck, the raptor is not ideal for me and i would probably upgrade to the 2011 f250. i paid 57k for the 2010, it was the pearl white 4x4 decked to the max. i do not think there was another option available.
did i have anything to do with this decision? :D
test drove my buddy's new 6.2 Raptor tonight! i want one!!! :rockon::burnout:
get one, then make some custom vents for them!!! as much as i love the raptor, those plastic vents just look absolutely CHEAP.

camdenlake

Established Member
2011 sd

You will love the all new diesel. It’s quite the setup. Glad to hear the totaled it. I would not want that back either. I would go new 2011 tow rig and keep the sweet GT500 setup.

Josh

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
did i have anything to do with this decision? :D

get one, then make some custom vents for them!!! as much as i love the raptor, those plastic vents just look absolutely CHEAP.

we actually were discussing that yesterday :D my friend who bought one is the guy who designed the vents. the stock vents on the hood are designed to keep dirt out of the motor, and theyre HUUUUGE! :eek: they make the shelby ones look tiny in comparison. he's definitely interested in doing something for the side vents though. just not sure what kind of market there is for stuff like that for those trucks...:read:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the guy who designed the vents? lol, now that's irony for you!

i would say it would be worth making a batch if they don't cost you too much cash. i keep hearing that FRPP is having BIG sales with the raptor accessories(the front light bars and such), so there might be a good market for replacement vents.

Imatk

Established Member
The only thing about the '11 bodystyle that I don't like is that rearend.

Other than that it's pretty sweet!

Tough call, but for me I think I would keep the GO car :)

SLGT750

Established Member
Go drive 2011 Duty, they have everything....power, mileage, towing, comfort.... they even cooled seats now! The Raptor 6.2 would be cool to supercharge but still not going to have anywhere near the power and mileage of the diesel:rolling:

Keep the TT grabber it's already badass and they don't have TF hood vents for the 10'-up......yet:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread