tough guy

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
rarely will these videos make me feel a certain way but this one kind of pissed me off. I don't have kids so I won't use that example but had this been a family member of mine.......man oh man.

T.Man

Established Member
I don't condone what this officer did as I feel most go over the line, especially school "resource" officers but there is always more to the story.

" Valdez told the Express-News her daughter previously was suspended for three days for fighting “I told her she wasn’t allowed to get in fights anymore because the administrators told her, ‘next time you’ll go to jail and mom gets a fine.’"

So the girl has been in multiple fights already....

“I was walking toward her, telling her, ‘Let’s go somewhere else,’ because there was a lot of people,” she told the station. “Then that’s when other people came over and the officer thought we were going to fight, so that’s whenever he came and did that.”

Sure.... Let's go somewhere else to 'talk'. So she's already admitting to being the aggressor here.

"A group of students told the station off camera they saw the officer listening to the girls and trying to peacefully diffuse the confrontation — and that he was kicked several times."

Sorry guys but both are at fault here IMO. Again, I definitely think the cop was out of line and went overboard but we all know that todays youth could give two shits less about authority figures, cops especially.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
I don't condone what this officer did as I feel most go over the line, especially school "resource" officers but there is always more to the story.

" Valdez told the Express-News her daughter previously was suspended for three days for fighting “I told her she wasn’t allowed to get in fights anymore because the administrators told her, ‘next time you’ll go to jail and mom gets a fine.’"

“I was walking toward her, telling her, ‘Let’s go somewhere else,’ because there was a lot of people,” she told the station. “Then that’s when other people came over and the officer thought we were going to fight, so that’s whenever he came and did that.”

Sure.... Let's go somewhere else to 'talk'. So she's already admitting to being the aggressor here.

"A group of students told the station off camera they saw the officer listening to the girls and trying to peacefully diffuse the confrontation — and that he was kicked several times."

Sorry guys but both are at fault here IMO. Again, I definitely think the cop was out of line and went overboard but we all know that todays youth could give two shits less about authority figures, cops especially.

Where's the link, your post it to cut and paste.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Where's the link, your post it to cut and paste.

I searched one of the quotes.

LINK: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...o-brick-walkway-and-her-mother-wants-answers/

The San Antonio (Texas) Independent School District has launched an investigation after a cellphone video surfaced showing one of its police officers body slamming a 12-year-old female student on a brick walkway last month.

“We need to find out the details as to what occurred,” Leslie Price, spokeswoman for SAISD, told KSAT-TV, “but I can say that we will not tolerate excessive force in this district.”

The 33-second clip showed Officer Joshua Kehm holding sixth-grader Janissa Valdez from behind, then lifting her up and throwing her to the walkway as a large group of Rhodes Middle School students circled around the pair and yelled.

Valdez received a swollen bruise near her right eye, KSAT said.

The district was made aware of the video Tuesday, and that night the SAISD police chief got a link to the clip; Kehm was placed on paid administrative leave Wednesday, KSAT reported.

Kehm’s LinkedIn page said he previously worked as a “non-lethal weapons instructor” for the U.S. Air Force, according to the San Antonio Express-News, and that he enlisted in the Air Force in 2007. His LinkedIn page appeared to be down Thursday.

Gloria Valdez, Janissa’s mother, told the station she arrived at the school to pick up her daughter just moments after the March 29 incident, for which she was handed a two-day suspension.

“I was upset,” she told KSAT after having seen the cellphone video. “I was angry, because I still couldn’t believe that he had done that to her. And then she told me, ‘Mom, I wasn’t fighting. Why would he do that?’”

“Supposedly the other little girl wanted to argue with my daughter, but I honestly don’t know the reason why,” Valdez told the Express-News. “I told her she wasn’t allowed to get in fights anymore because the administrators told her, ‘next time you’ll go to jail and mom gets a fine.’ They [told her] next time make sure the administrator knows before anything else happens.”

Valdez told the Express-News her daughter previously was suspended for three days for fighting after being bullied and attacked. But after this latest altercation, she hasn’t yet returned to school over fear of what other students may say to her, KSAT reported.

In regard to the March 29 incident, Janissa Valdez told KSAT she and another student planned to meet after school to talk because Valdez heard that the other student was speaking badly of her.

Janissa Valdez told KSAT that a fight with the other student didn’t happen but that a vice principal had asked the pair to separate.

A group of students told the station off camera they saw the officer listening to the girls and trying to peacefully diffuse the confrontation — and that he was kicked several times.

But Valdez denied kicking the officer, KSAT said.

“You could actually hear her head hit the concrete. That’s what hurt me the most,” Gloria Valdez told the station. “And he didn’t even seem like it bothered him. And he still handcuffed her after she was unconscious.”

“I just want something done,” she added to KSAT. “Because he could go back and do it again to my daughter or another student.”

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member

So when a minor fights a parent, and the parent hits the kid back in self defense, it's considered child abuse and they get drug through the court system by the state; but when a cop slams a minor on the ground, it's perfectly justifiable self defense with no recourse? Tell me, how is that fair at all?

T.Man

Established Member
Thanks for that. They're about to get paid smh.

My bad, I should have included the source.

Yep, you're absolutely right.

So when a minor fights a parent, and the parent hits the kid back in self defense, it's considered child abuse and they get drug through the court system by the state; but when a cop slams a minor on the ground, it's perfectly justifiable self defense with no recourse? Tell me, how is that fair at all?

I wouldn't consider your example child abuse but to your point, no it's not okay. Once again I don't think the officer handled it correctly at all. I was simply pointing out that there is always more to the story than what the video depicts. The cop didn't just come in and go hacksaw-JD on the girl.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I wouldn't consider your example child abuse but to your point, no it's not okay. Once again I don't think the officer handled it correctly at all. I was simply pointing out that there is always more to the story than what the video depicts. The cop didn't just come in and go hacksaw-JD on the girl.

You missed my point entirely. If a parent has to go through legal hell after disciplining a minor, it doesn't really matter what "more to the story" is in regard to the cop. Cops arrest parents for slapping their kids upside the face when they get unruly, yet they can get away with slamming said kid to the ground. See what I'm saying?

2KBlackGT

Established Member
My bad, I should have included the source.

Yep, you're absolutely right.

There's not really more to the story that would make me change my mind here. She was previously suspended for fighting with kids she says was picking on her. From my experience when kids fight at school they both get suspended/disciplined no matter who started it, so we do not know if she was the cause of the other fight.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
hmmmm, you know what prevents all of this? not being a pos kid, thinking you're going to get away with anything you want.

Don't fight at school all the time, and respect police. Don't resist arrest.

IMO people need to see there are consequences for being a punk.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Why are kids being arrested for fighting in elementary school anyway? We really want 6th graders arrested for fighting? Damn have times changed.

jacker1991

Established Member
I am glad that when I was growing up we did not have police showing up at our school. You would get into a fight, teachers would break it up, you would get punished and that was it. And I certainly never saw a kid get arrested, that's just insane.

I did not grow up in the US though, so maybe that has something to do with it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
hmmmm, you know what prevents all of this? Not being a pos kid, thinking you're going to get away with anything you want.
Don't fight at school all the time, and respect police. Don't resist arrest.
Imo people need to see there are consequences for being a punk.

^^yup!!

Users who are viewing this thread