Total Amount Spent on Amazon.com

jcthorne

Established Member
Holy Crap. I really wish I had not run that report.

We do shop for quite a bit from them including selected groceries that are hard to find or expensive locally, auto parts, home stuff, hardware. As others have said, easy to do business with, while not always the cheapest, they are on average far cheaper than my other options, especially considering gas and time to go shopping locally.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
From January 31, 2007 to now = $2,037.26

My very first purchase was a book called "The Culprit and The Cure" for a college class!

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I have been using amazon since 1999.

I could only generate a report back to 2/12/2001 and it totaled $20,123.

I have been ripping my CD collection lately and found several that were scratched enough to not rip... started replacing them with used copies, from the amazon market place. Most of them were less than a buck + 3.99 for shipping... some were just a penny.

I had a couple of issues; jewel cases missing or cracked, wrong item sent, etc and a few clicks on the amazon web page got me a full refund, usually keeping the CD.

The video and music streaming, with prime is an awesome feature, the wife and I use it to blaze through TV shows that we have not watched and I can stream music through my whole house system, for things I do not have in my ~900 CD collection. You can also "share" your free 2 day shipping with 4 other people.

Unless they royally screw up somehow and piss me off... I will be a member for life.

-Brian

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Okaydoke, mine goes back to the beginning on July 30, 1998. Two of the orders are corrupted in their database and I can't see how much I spent, so it will be slightly more than the following figure. I saw one CD that I know was cancelled and refunded by the marketplace seller*, so I didn't count that. Despite shopping on Amazon longer than a few board members here have been alive, I've spent only $3327.26 plus the two corrupted orders.

*=Skyclad's Oui Avant Garde a Chance, for those really keeping score at home.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
:eek: I feel like I'm reading, "Grocery store, I just grow my own crops, why do I need a store?" Hahahaha, I can't imagine NOT having amazon. Bearing for my civic's trans....amazon. Toilet paper....amazon. Oil for the mustang....amazon. Anytime I have a thought of something I need, I not longer have to think of when to go get it. I just pull out my phone, search, one click purchases enabled, and it's on it's way.

Lol, reading this thread has me wondering if I should open up an account. My Ebay account goes back to 2003, never had any issues with them either.

truefiveo

Established Member
wow, some of you guys have a ton of purchases. I'd be curious how many bad experiences some of you high number guys have had.

I have two purchases within the last two years and I'm pretty sure they were giftcards that I used to pay haha. I don't use ebay much either.

Not a single bad experience with Amazon vendors:banana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
wow, some of you guys have a ton of purchases. I'd be curious how many bad experiences some of you high number guys have had.

I have two purchases within the last two years and I'm pretty sure they were giftcards that I used to pay haha. I don't use ebay much either.

Zero bad experience with Amazon (over $20K spent since 2008) and easily 90% of my purchases are through Amazon. Except groceries. But I've had enough bad experience with eBay (joined in 1998) where I many use them for a purchase one time a year.

Users who are viewing this thread