Torque booster on paxton

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Great thanks 92fiveoh, would a BAP even be enough fuel for the 3.33 pulley on 93 ?

With a wastegate ie the tq booster you will be fine. I run a BAP on E85 with tq booster.

My car went 11.2-3@122 in the middle of TX summer on 93.(stock pulley, jlt cai)

10.9 @ 130 on E85(stock pulley, jlt cai) in the fall

Now I'm running E85 and tq booster, I expect it to be around 10.7 @ 133.

I'm still on stock converter which would make a big difference.

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
How much boost ? I figured I'd be walking a thin line just with.stock pulley and e85

I believe I talked to you about that on the coyote FB page. Boost was 10.3 with stock pulley and CAI. The tq booster caps boost @ 9.6 so it may help wth fuel issues.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny, in the na thread you said your paxton had amazing drivability. I guess you forgot about this part though huh?

The increased BOV activity is what turned me away. Smaller pulley = more air at all times even part throttle. But you knew that even though your car has never been boosted?

:lol:

Funny part is how you are chasing me around in threads just so your meaningless points can be heard.

I'm flattered.

Shaun@AED

Traditionally we see the 3.33" pulley on a Vortech S/Si trim with 6-rib will be OK without slipping assuming a good belt with good tension is used, however the bigger the blower the more issues we have with belt slip as it takes more power to turn larger compressors.

The old-school at the shop with 25psi YSI setup has to use a brace between the crankshaft and blower pulley in order to not bend the crank snout with the belt tension used to keep the belts from slipping using a 8-rib configuration. In fact we have to make a break-in 1/8th mile run then re-tighten for each new belt in order to not slip excessively.
Without the brace another YSI car that was recently at the shop made 10psi with an extremely tight belt, and tightening it further netted 12psi, but it was pullied for 16-18. We could not tighten the 8-rib belt enough to stop belt slip on the dyno.

I recommend the 8-rib setup with the torque booster application in order to ensure belt slip is not an issue when tuning, and not an issue as the belt breaks in (they increase in length over time).

I also recommend the Boss IM with the torque booster as boost will stay flat once the wastegate opens, which means the power curve will mimic NA, so power will peak at 6500RPM with the stock IM (assuming the Waste gate has opened) but with the Boss IM you'll have an extra 1000 usable RPM at a higher Power level.

Given the recovery RPM after a shift, the Boss IM will out ET/MPH the stock IM with the torque booster.

SCalla1384

Established Member
The increased BOV activity is what turned me away. Smaller pulley = more air at all times even part throttle. But you knew that even though your car has never been boosted?

:lol:

Funny part is how you are chasing me around in threads just so your meaningless points can be heard.

I'm flattered.

Just like you're chasing Blazer around lol.

Trust me, I'm not "chasing" you. You post very condescending, and a lot of times non factual posts.

And nor do I need to have a blower to know a smaller pulley produces more air.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just like you're chasing Blazer around lol.

Trust me, I'm not "chasing" you. You post very condescending, and a lot of times non factual posts.

And nor do I need to have a blower to know a smaller pulley produces more air.

I typically agree with Thomas. On the 6 rib.. we disagree as we've obviously had different experiences. What is your experience with the Paxton? Never mind...

My posts are condescending to those who disagree with them. Perhaps you need to thicken up your skin a bit OR, here's an idea, buy a power adder so you can comment with some sense of knowledge.

And please, PLEASE point out ONE non-factual post I've made that is not firmly based on my own actual, real life experience with these cars.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I typically agree with Thomas. On the 6 rib.. we disagree as we've obviously had different experiences. What is your experience with the Paxton? Never mind...

My posts are condescending to those who disagree with them. Perhaps you need to thicken up your skin a bit OR, here's an idea, buy a power adder so you can comment with some sense of knowledge.

And please, PLEASE point out ONE non-factual post I've made that is not firmly based on my own actual, real life experience with these cars.

I'm not going to go back and forth on this thread. But here's an example. Post from the NA thread..

My car was a Paxton car. The MAF deal you talk about is a complete non issue if its clocked correctly. Mine drove amazing.

Regarding my comments on the NA car I'm talking about a max effort NA car which will be cams, CJ, mono, and added compression in a perfect world. This is what it will take to crack 550 hp or better.

In this case, the drivability on the FI car is far and away better.

Post earlier in this thread

I did not care for the 3.33 when I had the Paxton. Way too much BOV activity and drivability was worse then with the stock pulley.

If e85 is an option for you, I'd try that wih the 3.8.

LowNslowNeon went mid or low 10s at over 130 mph with his auto 3.8 e85 setup.

So the first paragraph in each quote kind of contradict eachother, don't you think? Also, you're assumption of me not knowing anything about FI since I don't have a power adder car, how can you make the assumptions of a cammed, monoblade coyote having crappy drivability when you have never owned one? Ignorance.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have a paxton torque booster with 3.33 6 rib pulley, tremec magnum and 4:10's. No belt slip no driveability issues and i love my tial bov. Tuned by Adam at rev auto the car runs perfect! And im using the stock intake! Its a good set up! 641 rwhp 557 torque. We all Know that if you want bigger Power a big turbo is the way to go...

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
....So the first paragraph in each quote kind of contradict eachother, don't you think? Also, you're assumption of me not knowing anything about FI since I don't have a power adder car, how can you make the assumptions of a cammed, monoblade coyote having crappy drivability when you have never owned one? Ignorance.

Your infatuation with me has clouded your judgment and ability to make a sound argument.

First you boldly state that I make non factual posts. Then you tone that down and say that my comments "contradict" each other. In fact they do not at all contradict each other and, again, had you gone from a 3.8 to a 3.33 you would know exactly what im talking about in my posts you quoted above.

Also if you've ever run a 3.33 with a 6 rib on a Paxton you would know what im talking about.

Go back up and re-read what Sean posts... or maybe hes not your type so youre not interested? lol

I'll patiently wait for you to point out anything ive posted that is not based in fact.

SCalla1384

Established Member
You're non factual post was you saying the paxton had amazing drivability when in fact, you stated with a smaller pulley it wasn't as good in a different thread. Are you that blind to figure that out? And also claiming a cammed monoblade car won't have as good of drivability. I'm not going to go back into your previous posts and go looking for stuff, I have much better things to do with my life. Kthnxbye!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
standing-ovation.gif

justinsstang

Established Member
go back up and re-read what sean posts... Or maybe hes not your type so youre not interested?

Lol!

Edit: I haven't experienced a whole lot of belt slip thus far on my Paxton with 3.33/6 rib/3.73 gears. K060994 black belt.

Can't say it doesn't slip though. I see a little bit of belt dust on the back of the blower, but it's not a lot at all.

Runs better some days than others which I can only attribute to it slipping. Maybe my setup is just on the ragged edge of traction where the weather affects whether or not my belt slips lol (similar to tires on cold pavement?).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread