Torque booster on paxton

125oh

Established Member
Ordering my Paxton here soon and the more I research the more I see a torque booster is a must . Ill be on stock block jms bap I'd 1000 ,on 93 and e85 , should I still consider the waste gate ? What are my options ? Besides tune and colder plug anything else I'll need ? Can someone please tell me exactly what the torque booster does?
thank you in advance

RR5.0

Established Member
Paxton kit with a torque booster on 93 should be great! With e85 youll most likely need a fuel system for that setup.

The torque booster basically uses a 3.33 pulley and gates the pressure off to 10 psi or whatever selected spring, to control the peak boost. The smaller pulley will make boost come on sooner and therefore increase the torque since you will see peak boost sooner in the rpm range.

I personally have this setup and can say it runs great and pulls much harder than the stock pullied paxton in my car

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
No you do not need the 8 rib setup for the 3.33 pulley if you set it up right.

Our torque booster setup will net a better ET then a stock pulley for obvious reasons.

The main question should be what is your goal for the car?

125oh

Established Member
Low tens is my goal , already have converter o, off road h pipe suspension bigs and littles and aluminum d/s . I have e85 within 15 min of home .

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Setting it up right? Lol

whether or not one needs 8 rib has more to do with their specific combo than anything else.

He's auto so he should be fine with 6 rib (3.15 gears).

If manual with 3.55s or higher 6 rib and Paxton will slip for days.

125oh

Established Member
It is auto with stock gear , so 3.3 pulley with torque booster on 93 will be better than 3.8 pulley on corn ?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I did not care for the 3.33 when I had the Paxton. Way too much BOV activity and drivability was worse then with the stock pulley.

If e85 is an option for you, I'd try that wih the 3.8.

LowNslowNeon went mid or low 10s at over 130 mph with his auto 3.8 e85 setup.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Low tens is my goal , already have converter o, off road h pipe suspension bigs and littles and aluminum d/s . I have e85 within 15 min of home .

PM sent.

Setting it up right? Lol

whether or not one needs 8 rib has more to do with their specific combo than anything else.

He's auto so he should be fine with 6 rib (3.15 gears).

If manual with 3.55s or higher 6 rib and Paxton will slip for days.

Weird I ran a 3.33 on a 6 rib with a m6 and 3.73 gears. No slip what so ever. Also set up some locals ones, no slip...

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Lol you must have a hard on for this subject. I purchased the 8 rib setup a little while before I went with the new setup...

Do you need bank statements and a time line? Whats your email so I can send them to you.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I did not care for the 3.33 when I had the Paxton. Way too much BOV activity and drivability was worse then with the stock pulley.

If e85 is an option for you, I'd try that wih the 3.8.

Funny, in the na thread you said your paxton had amazing drivability. I guess you forgot about this part though huh?

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Funny, in the na thread you said your paxton had amazing drivability. I guess you forgot about this part though huh?
Shawn, no bullshit my paxton no matter what pulley setup, wastegated, m6 or after the a6 swap has always driven completly stock like, along with countless other local v3's, paxtons, TI's and JT installs I have done. Maybe myself and other locals are just less picky then some people but I have not noticed anything.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
The tq booster is not nessecary but will be faster on a stock motor. 93 tq booster vs e85 without I think the e85 wil be faster. I would try the kit out without the tq booster and see how you like it. It's easy to add later.

Users who are viewing this thread