Tork Techs eaton swap on 2V....opinions??

which blower set up for heads/cams 2v with stock bottom end??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTCobraClone

Established Member
You guys have no clue what hour talkin about I can see. I just bought the kit and with all the other stuff including the cobra blower I will have 3 grand total in it. A 2v with this kit will make more than enough power to destroy the bottom end in a stock 2v. The eaton on 10#'s will make well north of 400hp. Y'all have to remember that the 2v has more compression then a cobra does which makes more power on the same boost. Look at the Mach 1 and 01 cobrar's with the swap. They make almost the same power as a pulled cobra. This is a great kit with huge potential. Built motor and a whipple or kb and you can make as much power as u want.

Where did you get the kit so cheap?

Ortiz99

Established Member
Where did you get the kit so cheap?

You get good deals on collecting parts especially if the guy has several things you will need for sale. Btw, I just sold my tork tech kit with the 5.4 adapters, lightning IAT, and several other things for 1500. Just got to look around for those deals.

GTCobraClone

Established Member
You get good deals on collecting parts especially if the guy has several things you will need for sale. Btw, I just sold my tork tech kit with the 5.4 adapters, lightning IAT, and several other things for 1500. Just got to look around for those deals.

I know you can find the supercharger with supportin accesories for cheap, what kills you is the tork tech adapters

cinch1985

Established Member
So you spent 3100 total, and now you have a fully functional eaton on your car?

yep thats all i have spent. its not on my car yet cause i am waiting on the tork tech kit to come in, but when it does i wont need anything else to put it on.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
In '99 I installed the original Saleen Series 1 Eaton M90 kit on the stock 2V. Very similar to the Tork Tek kit. With the non PI heads and the canned Saleen tune it made 270 RWHP and 400LbFt of torque. I later added prted heads and a custom tune and was making 350whp on a mustang dyno. Mind you this was with the Eaton M90. The car was a blast and a great street car. The Torque the car made even with the original bolted on kit was great and the car ran perfectly. I would think the Tork Tek kit on a PI headed car with a 112 would be a blast. Maybe it wouldn't make huge HP numbers but that is not always the indicator of a fun street car.
Sayiing to swap a Cobra motor into the car would be similar in price is way off the mark.
If I had a 2V the TorkTek kit would be a great addition IMO.

cinch1985

Established Member
^^^ any up update on your install?

starting the tear down and install tomorrow. i am also putting in a tubular k member and some other suspension parts while i am at it. should be done in the next two weeks with tune and video on the dyno.

pwrshft99

Established Member
It seemed like a great idea with all the used Cobra Eatons out there but Ive heard more than a few complaints about quality and customer service.

I went with Vortech for my 2V. When spending this much money on something, you'd like to have some assurance the company is going to be around to back its product

NestorGT

Established Member
Well I have a Tork Tech blower and I'm very happy with it. Here is the skinny on this blower, power expected (real numbers), problems to be on the look out for and Tork Tech's "customer service".

The blower is a Magnusun MP112 which IS larger the Eaton from the Cobra. So pound for pound (of boost that is) you will make more power then the Stock Eaton will give. Proof is in the pudding, my blower is not ported (yet) and I'm running at about 17psi and making 462rwhp and 534rwtq on a very mild tune. There are others making close to 600rwhp with this same blower after porting.

One of the biggest issues is heat soak and high IC temps. They cant seem to get them under control, no matter if its the MP112 or the TVS1900 ( a friend of mine has that one) they just run hot as all hell!! I'm currently searching for a combo of things to lower the temp i.e. relocating the cooler reservoir to the trunk, bigger or just plain more efficient heat exchanger, etc. Once that is accomplished then we're expecting to see numbers in the mid to high 500s with no issues. Also DO NOT get the scoop that is sold for the hood. Spend the extra couple of hundred dollars and get a cowl, termi, Mach1, anything with clearance and lets heat out!! That scoop was a nightmare for me. Last but not least, have someone custom tune the car for you, I ordered there chip and the tune was...lets just say..not good.

The only thing I would say to them Tork that is, is that they need to keep the word on the time tables they give there customers. If you say something will take 2-3 weeks, make sure you deliver!! If you cant, then tell them 6-8 weeks and deliver in 5. That way you exceeded the customer's expectations and you look good.

Having said all of that, it leads me to there customer service.

THEY ARE FREAKING FANTASTIC!!! 100000000 TIMES BETTER THEN KB. They refunded my the money for there chip once I told them I couldn't be used and had a custom tune done. They also refunded me the purchase price of the hood scoop which I used to buy a cowl hood. The owner Charles Warner (971)226-9006 is a very reasonable and knowledgeable man as is his sales Manager Bill 513-697-0060.

I love this blower! Next stop will be porting and them once its not longer my daily driver, I will order the TVS 2300 and make some crazy power on race gas.

Here is a pic of the blower on my car.

Raymond9.jpg

and here is one where you can see the heat exchanger

Raymond4.jpg

bntmoore

I'm waiting on my kit now too, as was said above the promise time from the start was wrong. I was told 3 weeks, its been 4 and it ships next week, if they had told me in advance it would be 5-6 I would't have cared. Anyways, so far I only have $2500 invested in the kit and blower, give or take. I can't wait to get it.

GTCobraClone

Established Member
Like I said before, I would love to see a 4V whipple on a gt engine. If I had the time I would sell my Procharger kit and buy the tork tech kit. I already have the forged engine so I could concentrate on the power adder.

dvsone

Established Member
I watched a Tork Tech setup get tuned on a GT with longtubes, exhaust, the eaton was modified by magnuson or magnum powers, and it only made in the 370's rwhp SAE Dynojet.

As somebody who had an Eaton M112 (non intercooled, but still, not $4000 either!), on a SVO headed 2v, I can tell you, it's not worth it if you have to spend alot.

Hell, for that much money, you can buy a new or 3 used Vortechs, find an older KB 2.2 Kit (capable of alot more power than the 1.7 and 2.1's), etc etc.

my car made 400 on a stock longblock with no headers ,stock eaton,jlt cia, 90mm maf, 3.10 pulley an cated x .

NestorGT

Established Member
Just in case this hasnt been settled....yes its possible to stuff a whipple on a 2v with parts off that tork tech kit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread