Tork Techs eaton swap on 2V....opinions??

which blower set up for heads/cams 2v with stock bottom end??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SILVER2V00

Established Member
Whats everyones opinions on this swap, vs. another blower set up such as Kenne bell, Vortech, procharger, etc.???? Ive seen some info on this swap on a stock 2v 5 speed making between 385-400rwhp. Ive got ported heads (krisstarnesracing.com) and comp xe262ah cams with supporting mods (injectors/Pro-M 85mm maf, L/T headers, full exhaust). I know i would need to upgrade the fuel pump and get it re-tuned. Possilby 420rwhp very safe?? Whats everyones opinion?? Im leaning towards Tork techs terminator swap with a stock eaton. All of my Cobra buddies have either added Kenne Bells or Whipples, so getting my hands on a stock Eaton shouldnt be a problem. Whats everyone think???!!!

Furinox

Established Member
I think its a pretty cool kit. For a non forged 2v not wanting to making a whole lot of power but have a fun car it sounds perfect.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
All 3 will get you to around 420. Not really sure how much you can get out of the Eaton but don't expect much more than 470hp out of the KB due to inlet restrictions. The vortech probably has the most room to grow out of them all. For a street car the tork tech and kb are best but if you want to grow a lot more down the road go with the vortech.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Does the Tork Tech kit allow you to change blowers down the road or are you stuck with the Eaton?

GodStang

Established Member
I am looking to do a 5.4L 2V into my 2001 GT then will add the Tork Tech kit to this. This will allow me to run a ported eaton for awhile then down the road add the 03-04 Cobra's Kenne bell 2.8LH with ease. All are straight swaps. So I think the Tork Tech is a great idea because it gives you the ability to run an Eaton M112, Magnason MP112, Kenne Bell 2.2L, 2.4L, 2.6L, 2.8L, Whipple 2.3L and 2.4L, Vortech 2.3L, and 3.3L. Just my thoughts.

SILVER2V00

Established Member
I'd like to talk to someone who has done the swap. See if they are impressed. Ive seen a few videos on youtube. I'm impressed and also because it looks stock.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Just purchase my Vortech V-2 listed in The Market. ;-)
Zero miles complete kit minus fuel pump w/ extras.
ONLY $2,500!!!! :eek:

red97

Established Member
Godstang,how sure are you that the kb's and whipples fit on the tork tech kit.Is this kit just a lower inake manifold or the whole lower and blower? I have a 5.4 Lightning motor in my car, if this does fit 5.4 2v's i might be in luck, with changing the tall profile of my blower.

GodStang

Established Member
Godstang,how sure are you that the kb's and whipples fit on the tork tech kit.Is this kit just a lower inake manifold or the whole lower and blower? I have a 5.4 Lightning motor in my car, if this does fit 5.4 2v's i might be in luck, with changing the tall profile of my blower.

When you order a Kenne Bell/ Whipple for an 03/04 Cobra the only major part is the compressor. You use all the stock parts from the eaton (CAI, Throttle Body, Intercooler, lower intake, intercooler piping) to bolt directly onto your Twin Screw. So if you have an eaton on your car the swap would be very easy and very possible. The only problems you may run into is hood height. Also a good tune and fuel is needed.

For the 5.4L the advantage to a Tork Tech kit is that the inlet is on the side and not over the top so it is not as tall and you may not need to cut a whole in the hood.

red97

Established Member
Well I already have the fat hole in my hood haha. I already have 90% of the kit since i have a lightning blower setup, it'd prob be cheaper if i just got a lightning 2.3 whipple.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
not worth it IMO.

first off, even at stock levels, that eaton will stress a stock 2v bottom end. youll have to build the motor to handle more. Then you are still left with a crappy blower once you spend thousands to beef up the bottom end, so youll spend even more to port the blower and do whatever pulley combo you need, or spend even more on a real blower like a KB/Whipple.

it would be more cost-effective to buy a 03/04 motor thats complete from the oil pan to the eaton and swap it over if thats the sort of powerband you want.

Otherwise id throw some snails on it or a centrifugal, and go from there.

SonicKbGt

Established Member
not worth it IMO.

first off, even at stock levels, that eaton will stress a stock 2v bottom end. youll have to build the motor to handle more. Then you are still left with a crappy blower once you spend thousands to beef up the bottom end, so youll spend even more to port the blower and do whatever pulley combo you need, or spend even more on a real blower like a KB/Whipple.

it would be more cost-effective to buy a 03/04 motor thats complete from the oil pan to the eaton and swap it over if thats the sort of powerband you want.

Otherwise id throw some snails on it or a centrifugal, and go from there.

I'm in the middle of swapping my blown up stock 2v for a built 2v with the tork tech kit and a stage 5 eaton. I would rather have gone with twins but this fits my budget and i can always throw a kenne or a whipple on it later when i get more money. plus i can just spray the shit out of it on the heaton till then :pepper:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I vote centri. Mostly because it has more room to grow as opposed to the eaton or the KB. The KB does have serious potential but it will come with a cost. The centris can be had cheaper and make great power. If you are only looking to make 400 rwhp than a PD blower would be great. If you want to stay PD with an option to go bigger in power than I say KB.

Swaie

Established Member
On a GT hood you need to make a hole under the hood scoop. You will actually be able to see the Eaton pulley through your hood scoop

Okay is that with the stock hood. Tork Tech told me that you had to buy thier hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread