Tork Techs eaton swap on 2V....opinions??

which blower set up for heads/cams 2v with stock bottom end??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebullit

Established Member
i have a vortech and i have been thinking about getting this kit due to being more of a fun street car and with the ability to put a bigger blower on later. sounds like a good kit to me

DivineDetail

Established Member
I can honestly say that I absolutely adore my kit, and have zero regrets about buying it. I bought the full kit, it runs great, has okay power, and screams nicely. Add a forged bottom end, and up the boost and you can make some serious numbers. It's an awesome kit with great upgrade potential.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I can honestly say that I absolutely adore my kit, and have zero regrets about buying it. I bought the full kit, it runs great, has okay power, and screams nicely. Add a forged bottom end, and up the boost and you can make some serious numbers. It's an awesome kit with great upgrade potential.

i doubt it, considering you can get 03/04 cobra motors for the asking price of those kits new.

GTCobraClone

Established Member
yes... i would considering i was going to be the test car last year and know the owner personally.

You were going to be torch techs test car last year. They have actually had the kit out for more than a year. Why would they need another test car?

The torch tech kit is a good investment if you already have full bolt ons. 03 cobra engines from supercharger to oil pan run aroun 5000+ in good conditions. You can get a used eaton for around 600 more or less with everything included. All in all you can get the complete kit with instal for around 4000, and if you want to get a whipple later you can.

I think its worth it

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
You were going to be torch techs test car last year. They have actually had the kit out for more than a year. Why would they need another test car?

The torch tech kit is a good investment if you already have full bolt ons. 03 cobra engines from supercharger to oil pan run aroun 5000+ in good conditions. You can get a used eaton for around 600 more or less with everything included. All in all you can get the complete kit with instal for around 4000, and if you want to get a whipple later you can.

I think its worth it

no they didnt lol. i started speaking with Rob last febuary about a making a kit, because i was the reason he started making the kit. I was going to fabricate one myself last january. Its not a bad kit, but with parts and labor it adds up to about the same as an 03 cobra motor, which has a built bottom end already and more power potential.

Last edited:

GTCobraClone

Established Member
no they didnt lol. i started speaking with Rob last febuary about a making a kit, because i was the reason he started making the kit. I was going to fabricate one myself last january. Its not a bad kit, but with parts and labor it adds up to about the same as an 03 cobra motor, which has a built bottom end already and more power potential.

Well I had another mustang a while back and was already hearing of there kit. There website is copyright since 2007.

They also have a kit for 5000 that includes everything, even the supercharger and it can actually be installed by anyone that has basic knowledge. I know a guy on another forum thats doing this swap and he only spent about 4000

red347

Banned
The 99 Saleen in New Jersey that did a complete Tork Tech kit, at 19 pounds of boost, with Stage II heads and Stage II fox Lake cams, hit around 585-590 rwhp. They do now have the TVS 1900 upgrade avaialble if you want to go above 600. Rumor has it it saw 735 fwhp, but not sure.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The 99 Saleen in New Jersey that did a complete Tork Tech kit, at 19 pounds of boost, with Stage II heads and Stage II fox Lake cams, hit around 585-590 rwhp. They do now have the TVS 1900 upgrade avaialble if you want to go above 600. Rumor has it it saw 735 fwhp, but not sure.

So you are saying an eaton powerd 2v made 624 rwhp? Even if its a TVS thats a bit far fetched considering 03-04 Cobras with KB's and Whipple's are seeing that kind of power with a twin screw. Granted said car has heads and cams but even ported 2v heads have trouble keeping up with STOCK 03 heads. I would have to see a vid. Same with the Saleen making 590 with an eaton off a terminator. 2v's built right can make awesome power as a few in this forum have but I'm rather skeptical.

sc98cbra

Established Member
So you are saying an eaton powerd 2v made 624 rwhp? Even if its a TVS thats a bit far fetched considering 03-04 Cobras with KB's and Whipple's are seeing that kind of power with a twin screw. Granted said car has heads and cams but even ported 2v heads have trouble keeping up with STOCK 03 heads. I would have to see a vid. Same with the Saleen making 590 with an eaton off a terminator. 2v's built right can make awesome power as a few in this forum have but I'm rather skeptical.

A TVS, from what i've been told, is far superior to that of a TS.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The TVS is better then the standard root screw, but to be on the same level or above the twin screw........ Who is feeding you this information? Because it sounds like someone is trying to pass off bull shit as angel good cake to get you to eat it.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
does this kit come with an intercooler for the lower intake or would you need to buy one off a terminator?

realitygt

Established Member
guy on stlmustangs has the eaton kit on his 2v, with a couple other mods and laid down 270rwhp....

i'm not impressed at all..

02saleen

Established Member
guy on stlmustangs has the eaton kit on his 2v, with a couple other mods and laid down 270rwhp....

i'm not impressed at all..

seems way to low :shrug:

M90s make about 300rwhp with like 6psi so I would think the m112 made more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread