Tork Techs eaton swap on 2V....opinions??

which blower set up for heads/cams 2v with stock bottom end??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

red347

Banned
Just as an update, the 99 Saleen hit Atco last week. This car does have the Fox Lake cams and ported heads, but, it has the Tork Tech kit at 18 pounds. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxy65H0kPG0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- George[/ame]

The MPH says this should be a 10.20 or so?

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
That Saleen moved out....might have to look into one of these kits this spring

red347

Banned
Based on calculations, the Saleen is making about 650-660 at the flywheel, considering the loss through the drivetrain. The new lower pulley is in process for the Saleen that will ad another 2 pounds of boost, so 600 rwhp will be achieved on a 2V with a 1.8L supercharger.

SCtobe

Established Member
I'd like to talk to someone who has done the swap. See if they are impressed. Ive seen a few videos on youtube. I'm impressed and also because it looks stock.

I'm doing the intall this winter i'll keep you posted. It will be going on my built 2v.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
that's BS my 2v made more jam then that NA....

Agreed!! :bash:

This thread makes me want to incorporate the Tork Tech kit and combine it with a Hellion Hellraiser kit to put down some major power all the while still retaining the 2V which is my preference for the Saleen. :rockon:

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I watched a Tork Tech setup get tuned on a GT with longtubes, exhaust, the eaton was modified by magnuson or magnum powers, and it only made in the 370's rwhp SAE Dynojet.

As somebody who had an Eaton M112 (non intercooled, but still, not $4000 either!), on a SVO headed 2v, I can tell you, it's not worth it if you have to spend alot.

Hell, for that much money, you can buy a new or 3 used Vortechs, find an older KB 2.2 Kit (capable of alot more power than the 1.7 and 2.1's), etc etc.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I voted centri because turbo wasn't an option, and I feel that the centri is the better set up on a stock bottom end 2v

tj4891

Established Member
i would like to see what kinda of power a 2v would make with tork tech kit and a whipple i would think about selling my kb 2.1 for it, my kb made 470 stock heads no cams long tubes at 14lb, safe tune. It would be interesting to see

supa snake23

Established Member
I've been looking at this kit. I have an 03 cobra and am gonna be replacing the eaton 46 with a whipple 54. My brother has a 96 gt that I might take off his hands. And I would love to tranfer the eaton and block over to it. But not for $4000. $2000 is much more reasonable.

There's also very little info out there as far as results. And opinions.

cbr repsol

Established Member
if your staying low boost on a 2v its ok....probably 380rwhp maybe 400 pushing it....For 5k you can get a kb 2.1 intercooled kit that can put out much much more than a m112 on a built shortblock. imo i think its a good kit to only put a 3.4 whipple on the car or kb 2.8lc.

cinch1985

Established Member
You guys have no clue what hour talkin about I can see. I just bought the kit and with all the other stuff including the cobra blower I will have 3 grand total in it. A 2v with this kit will make more than enough power to destroy the bottom end in a stock 2v. The eaton on 10#'s will make well north of 400hp. Y'all have to remember that the 2v has more compression then a cobra does which makes more power on the same boost. Look at the Mach 1 and 01 cobrar's with the swap. They make almost the same power as a pulled cobra. This is a great kit with huge potential. Built motor and a whipple or kb and you can make as much power as u want.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You guys have no clue what hour talkin about I can see. I just bought the kit and with all the other stuff including the cobra blower I will have 3 grand total in it. A 2v with this kit will make more than enough power to destroy the bottom end in a stock 2v. The eaton on 10#'s will make well north of 400hp. Y'all have to remember that the 2v has more compression then a cobra does which makes more power on the same boost. Look at the Mach 1 and 01 cobrar's with the swap. They make almost the same power as a pulled cobra. This is a great kit with huge potential. Built motor and a whipple or kb and you can make as much power as u want.

But the Mach's and 99/01 Cobras have the 4V heads as well. Even with more compression I think you're going to lose power because of the heads.

cinch1985

Established Member
Yes they do have the c heads. But there is also guys with stock 2v heads other than class and springs making 700hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread