Top gear with new hosts airs tonight on bbc

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I stopped watching it after the reliant robin portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Nowhere near as funny as Clarkson's little outing. They tried to make it funny in all aspects but it just failed miserably.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I've got it on my dvr to watch, maybe today, but I did catch the portion where Gordon Ramsay & the Lex Luthor/Facebook dude were interviewed. Listening to that host speak was like nails on a chalkboard. Can Gordon Ramsay raplace him... he was very entertaining and really knows his cars!

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I've got it on my dvr to watch, maybe today, but I did catch the portion where Gordon Ramsay & the Lex Luthor/Facebook dude were interviewed. Listening to that host speak was like nails on a chalkboard. Can Gordon Ramsay replace him... he was very entertaining and really knows his cars!

... come to think of it, that's always been my main problem with US Top Gear. I appreciate Tanner Foust's talent and knowledge, but I absolutely can NOT stand the sound of his voice. That's important for a main presenter.

SVTPete83

Established Member
This first episode was terrible. The commentary, editing, and redoing the reliant bit. Are you kidding me? That was the worst road trip of any top gear I have ever seen.

-SVTPete

oldmodman

Established Member
OK. I watched my DVR.

I'm really glad that I keep my knives in the kitchen and I was too lazy to get them. About 45 minutes in I was considering cutting my own head off to get it to stop.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Did clarkson' hammond and May use stunt drivers for certain shit?

Matt LeBlanc does...

andymarkv

Established Member
I've preferred the US version for a few seasons now. I think May, Hammond, and Clarkson have become boring and stale when the challenge format became more prevalent. I hope their new show breathes some life into a very tired format.
+100! Even my WIFE loved watching Old Top Gear, but by the end...seemed like they were just going through the motions. Its pretty tough to keep that momentum going for so many years.

I'm reserving judgment for now... As said before, a higher volume of automotive content should be a good thing. At least there will be options if its crap, with something else to watch.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
A complete and utter disaster. I have nothing good to say. Chris Evans is obnoxious, Matt LeBlanc has zero personality as a presenter, the Top Gun "target lock" segment was completely unnecessary (you have 2 of the best American cars ever made, just drive them around the track and review them, damn it!), and Chris Evans is obnoxious (I know, but it deserved to be said twice).

If I had a gun to me head and was forced to say something nice, the camera and production crew are still very talented.

It's sad to say, but I very well may have watched my last Top Gear episode.

MysticRob

Established Member
I DVR'd and watched last night. Went in not expecting much, and got what I thought I would out of it. Matt had some good parts but was still a bit uncomfortable looking. The Reliant bit stunk --- already done, and this one was boring as hell. I did get a kick out of the catering joke in-studio. Little jab at Clarkson's lack of self control there. The top gun targeting bit was boring, and Sabine can't carry anything on her own. I FF'd thru a lot of it, but did like the actual reviews of the cars they drove. I'll watch one or two more then cancel the series recording if it doesn't get any better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When Clarkson left, my interest left. Tried to watch the new show but quickly lost interest and switched to another channel. Based on that show, I score it a big FAIL.

cbj5259

Established Member
When Clarkson left, my interest left. Tried to watch the new show but quickly lost interest and switched to another channel. Based on that show, I score it a big FAIL.
They should have just buried the show with those guys when they left. I know it's a cash cow for the BBC, but bringing it back as this garbage is going to hurt them worse. They could have named the new show something else...changed the format and I think people would be a lot more forgiving. The problem is you can't fool people. People know what TG was and this was not it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
If they do not fix it the cow will be slaughtered. Word is, the audience didn't even stay for it all. Don't know how true that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread