Top gear with new hosts airs tonight on bbc

Stateguy

Established Member
Just wanted to see if anyone was watching? I'm not really digging the new hosts but they started off with a matchup between the new acr viper and z06.

Cobraonr

Established Member
Will have to check out if DVR recorded it?? Good match up to watch though. Thanks for sharing.

SVT_28

Established Member
I cant speak for the others, nor do I watch any top gear, but I do watch chris harris on youtube and hes entertaining.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
This sums up the new Chris Evans top gear

mSEOAFJ.png

Blown 89

Established Member
That was painful. I've tried two times to watch it and I can't finish

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I thought it was entertaining. A lot like the US version they need to find their own rythm ( i enjoy TGUS now - didnt watch the first season as the dynamcis were terrible) What worked before worked because of the hosts. I have hope for the show, but wont expect the dynamics to work until late in the season or next season.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^^I begrudging admit that I am starting to like TGUS now....However they did not have the monumental task of replacing Clarkson, May and Hammond. Not only does the new TG have a big shoes to fill, but will soon have to compete with Clarkson's new show on Amazon. I genuinely hope things work out for both parties and honestly feel the more the merrier when comes to car content, automotive shennanigans etc..

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I always feel like Top Gear US is trying way too hard to be funny like the original, yet they fail miserably at that. I watch it for the cars

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The high pitch voiced British host needs to go, only watched halfway before I got tired of listening to him whine. Matt leblanc is cool but Chris Evans is rubbish.

Blown 89

Established Member
I've preferred the US version for a few seasons now. I think May, Hammond, and Clarkson have become boring and stale when the challenge format became more prevalent. I hope their new show breathes some life into a very tired format.

I finished the episode late last night and I like Matt Leblanc but Chris Evans needs to go. I got the distinct feeling that the presenters weren't the only ones to leave. The writing and production as unbelievably poor too.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
****ing garbage, first time I stopped watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbj5259

Established Member
I made it through. Was pretty awful. LeBlanc was decent and should probably be the lead presenter going forward if they want to survive (although I'm not sure the British public would stand for that). Evans is ****ing unwatchable and completely awful. The studio parts were agony to watch. They should just stick to the challenge and off set stuff which was at least half way tolerable to watch. Overall, it was pretty poor. I suppose with time it may get better but the lack of chemistry showed. Will probably give one more episode a try and if it's as bad...the Amazon show starts in the fall.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread