Took my Chevy SS daily to the dragstrip

AWDLS2

Established Member
Took my Chevy SS back to the strip after adding Headers/retune to see what I could knock off my previous best time of 12.76@113 with Cai/E85

Car makes 430/419 with Headers/Cai/E85

20180708-144538.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice improvement. How long have you owned your SS? Any new mods planned?

AWDLS2

Established Member
Nice man. Could use a stall.

How do they do with a blower?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Ya been thinking about doing a small stall 2600-2800 sometime this year along with 17s to try to break into the 11s. There was one with Cam/Headers/Whipple/E85 stock stall on DRs that did 10.5@132 there
Nice improvement. How long have you owned your SS? Any new mods planned?
I've had it just over a year, prolly a stall and maybe rear drag pack. Down the road I'd like to do a LSA blower

OneSlowV

Established Member
Good runs for the mods now I miss my peacock regal green ss . Those cars are a little heavy you really need a 3200 or higher to get it moving . You got plenty of 60ft left to get into the 11s with ease to .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Looks great! I did a fun run with a friend's 2016 SS against my tuned MKS and put more of a hurt on him than I expected. Trying to convince him to tune it, but he's wanting to go straight to a supercharger. I personally love these cars and the factory exhaust sounds awesome!

His ride:
94CFF3D7-6E7D-4C5E-894B-E2383CC0821E.jpeg

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice pass. These cars are fun. Last month I ran mine which is bone stock on lowered suspension. Went 3 consecutive 12.9x at 109... best was 12.91 at 109.4
The stock tune has a ton of driveline protection in it... have heard guys gaining 0.3-0.4 with tune only.

It’s a great daily!

AWDLS2

Established Member
Good stuff! Love the gray.
Thanks
Strong!!

Thanks
Good runs for the mods now I miss my peacock regal green ss . Those cars are a little heavy you really need a 3200 or higher to get it moving . You got plenty of 60ft left to get into the 11s with ease to .

Not sure I wanna go with that size stall since most dont suggest that size with a PD blower
Looks great! I did a fun run with a friend's 2016 SS against my tuned MKS and put more of a hurt on him than I expected. Trying to convince him to tune it, but he's wanting to go straight to a supercharger. I personally love these cars and the factory exhaust sounds awesome!

His ride
Just basic stuff wakes them up, those are some sick wheels
Nice pass. These cars are fun. Last month I ran mine which is bone stock on lowered suspension. Went 3 consecutive 12.9x at 109... best was 12.91 at 109.4
The stock tune has a ton of driveline protection in it... have heard guys gaining 0.3-0.4 with tune only.

It’s a great daily!
Thats moving for bone stock! Tune wakes the car up a lot, even E85 alone got me 18/12 over my 91 tune. Love this car as a daily I've put almost 21,000 miles on it in little over 13 months

AWDLS2

Established Member
View attachment 1540194

My LSA SS puts the hurt on cars. Makes 630/580 on 91. Runs way harder than it should. LSA is fun.
Thats a great looking car with those wheels. That'd be the perfect power level for these cars, from what I've priced it out as the kit would be around around $6500ish for the kit, injectors, bigger H/E, H/E tank, and DSX Aux pump

MachME

2V Power
Established Member

It’s a great daily!

I saw stock auto one run and it went 13.5 just leaving off idle.

RedBossman

Established Member
Nice man. Could use a stall.

How do they do with a blower?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I have a Procharger D1SC on mine. It runs pretty good. Here is a couple passes at a local 1/8 mile track about 3 weeks ago.

1st pass I spun real bad but legged it out to a 6.35 @ 110.7 with a 1.45 60 foot time.

2nd pass I dropped the tire pressure 2 psi. Hooked better but started skating around bad at 500 foot and I lifted about 600 feet. Coasted to a 6.34 @ 104 with a 1.40 60 foot time. Would have been a 6.29 or so had I stayed in it.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
If GM had advertised them better I think they would have took off. LS3 and stick shift is very desirable

AWDLS2

Established Member
I have a Procharger D1SC on mine. It runs pretty good. Here is a couple passes at a local 1/8 mile track about 3 weeks ago.

1st pass I spun real bad but legged it out to a 6.35 @ 110.7 with a 1.45 60 foot time.

2nd pass I dropped the tire pressure 2 psi. Hooked better but started skating around bad at 500 foot and I lifted about 600 feet. Coasted to a 6.34 @ 104 with a 1.40 60 foot time. Would have been a 6.29 or so had I stayed in it.
Did you have to run a space for the 17" racestars over rear brembos? And that thing is moving
If GM had advertised them better I think they would have took off. LS3 and stick shift is very desirable
I'm glad they didnt otherwise I wouldn't of been able to get 25% off msrp lol. For how little they advertised it I do get alot of people knowing about it wanting to ask me more questions when I'm out in it, never would of thought it

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Did you have to run a space for the 17" racestars over rear brembos? And that thing is moving

I'm glad they didnt otherwise I wouldn't of been able to get 25% off msrp lol. For how little they advertised it I do get alot of people knowing about it wanting to ask me more questions when I'm out in it, never would of thought it

There were some smoking deals on those buggers. Pissed me off that they can LS3 and auto it, but my 5th gen has the L99.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I have one as my daily and have thought about super charging it. The car is a blast to drive now stock, being able to get into the gas hard even in curves. My concern with super charging it is that I will loose that ability and limit the car to more straight line performance that will need a tire to enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread