TOB update - Found problem, Ford's screwing me! Please read.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Why don't you demod and bring it in and play their game.

Too bad we don't have any techs on this forum that could give us a hook up.

mlrny01

Established Member
I also find it interesting that a MFG. can just basicly refuse to sell you a "spare part" based on their "evidence" they have nothing to really support their decision. you had 2 major service issues correct? I know i know free enterprise, anyone can refuse anybody but somehow this seems kinda like well "paging Dr. Bendova......paging Dr. Bendova" at least a reach around was in order.......... :bash:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Yea, we are all finding it kind of interesting as well. Most people I talk to are saying "They can't do that!", but they are. I don't know. Demodding is pretty much impossible, old pulley is gone (bent on install). Besides, they would read the overboost on the codes, so it doesn't really matter. I am definitely checking out my options though, and I will let everyone know what happens.

Scott,

The shelf thing won't work. The guy owes my bro a big favor, but he said that if he orders the part without a VIN, he can get canned, and if he orders the part with my VIN without notifying the rep, he WILL get canned.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
NetworkingGuru Hey man. Nah, they won't sell it to anyone, they don't care who in the hell you are. The dealer svc manager at one of the local Ford dealerships said he can't sell it, but he CAN get it for warranty work. Unfortunately, with that flag on my VIN, he can't get it for me without me brining it in for the warranty nazi, err, I mean "SVT representative"

NetworkingGuru, let me check and see if I can get you one. I have some good "connections" at a dealership.

mlrny01

Established Member
ok does he owe Jason "big" enough to search the DB, find an 03 owner, order under said owner and well you figure out the rest.........

mlrny01

Established Member
wouldn't it be nice to ***:eek: back as hard as it was given?? :dw: did i just say that??? :shrug:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by mlrny01
ok does he owe Jason "big" enough to search the DB, find an 03 owner, order under said owner and well you figure out the rest.........

No. That would be a criminal charge, most likely. :( Much worse than a simple trick. :(

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Damn dude, that sucks. I totally understand your frustration. It's a little guy up against a big company.

I wonder exactly how many of us are going to end up with a tob problem. I started getting some tob noise. I hope it doesn't get worse. I don't want to have to go through all this bs.

Fight the good fight. I'm pretty sure you have the support of most, if not all the members of this board.

mlrny01

Established Member
how if the owner is on board I.E. cool with the guy; is that criminal, ok if one can be found and it's a workable owner then buy it from the owner kinda thing. After all the owner is buying a "spare part" i don't see the "criminal" action there.... oh well just a thought....remember my previous disclaimer, now add medical grade pharmacuticals to the equation........ :uh oh:

Last edited:

stang99

It also ticks me off that Ford is so uneven in the application of their warranty rules. One member, who shall remain unnamed, got two replacement clutches with long tube headers/chip/pulley etc, all on the car. Others get refused service with less RWHP/TQ than he had. The dealers are worried about Ford, and rightfully so, but they still have some jurisdiction.
This however, still falls way short, of a the deliberate policy of Ford and Tremec to withhold the common everyday parts that would be necessry to perform ones own work from the owners of 03 Cobras. What if Ford refused to sell me one of the bolts that holds the rear suspension together? Would I have to buy an entire rear sub-assembly to get the bolt. This is monopoly at its ugly best. Tremec and Ford make an agreement to gouge the customer if their Tremec or any part of it fails.
Thanks goodness for the internet, since we may end up filing a class action suit against Ford and Tremec when all of us are faced with $3000 tranny replacements because we cant' buy $50 parts for the tranny. 15 years from now, we may all get $100 each. But, I have a friend with an 89 GT that swore that he would never buy a new Ford due to warranty issues and he never has since 89. He used to get a new Ford every two years or so. For what he has invested in the 89, he could easily have purchased a new Cobra, but, Ford ticked him off. There is a lesson here somewhere, but, it is doubtful that it will be heard in Dearborn in our lifetime.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
It also ticks me off that Ford is so uneven in the application of their warranty rules. One member, who shall remain unnamed, got two replacement clutches with long tube headers/chip/pulley etc, all on the car. Others get refused service with less RWHP/TQ than he had. The dealers are worried about Ford, and rightfully so, but they still have some jurisdiction.
This however, still falls way short, of a the deliberate policy of Ford and Tremec to withhold the common everyday parts that would be necessry to perform ones own work from the owners of 03 Cobras. What if Ford refused to sell me one of the bolts that holds the rear suspension together? Would I have to buy an entire rear sub-assembly to get the bolt. This is monopoly at its ugly best. Tremec and Ford make an agreement to gouge the customer if their Tremec or any part of it fails.
Thanks goodness for the internet, since we may end up filing a class action suit against Ford and Tremec when all of us are faced with $3000 tranny replacements because we cant' buy $50 parts for the tranny. 15 years from now, we may all get $100 each. But, I have a friend with an 89 GT that swore that he would never buy a new Ford due to warranty issues and he never has since 89. He used to get a new Ford every two years or so. For what he has invested in the 89, he could easily have purchased a new Cobra, but, Ford ticked him off. There is a lesson here somewhere, but, it is doubtful that it will be heard in Dearborn in our lifetime.

Well, I think if stories like this one get enough publicity, we might see a change. Honestly, I have a lot of confidence in Bill Ford, with all of the new nice, BALLSY cars Ford is coming out with now. I seriously doubt him or some of the other high ups know exactly how bad the bean counters are screwing the customers. Interesting side note: I went to pick up GM synchromesh at the GM dealership here, and in the service bay, they have a big sign that says: "Sales sells the first car; Service sells the rest" There's some truth to that.

jtfx6552

Established Member
This is really bad beyond description!

I can't believe this policy, it makes no sense. I thought the parts availability was a temporary one until they got their shit together to get the trans service parts into the pipeline. If it is gonna stay this way, litigation may have to be explored.

If this policy stands, why does Ford sell any parts? Why not make you buy a whole new car when it breaks? Oh, yeah, I gues we'd all switch to a different brand... Is anybody listening in DEARBORN???
JT

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with getting your tranny fixed. I dont know what I would do if Ford refused to Warranty work for my car. Hang in there and everything will work out. Im sure someone will find a way to help you fix the problem. Thats the one real complaint I have about our cars is the Transmission SUX!!!!!Black03

Turbo65

Established Member
hey guys im gonna give it a try,i work at a imdependent so i will give it a try tomarrow and see what happens

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Maybe the word should get out to the new folks.

Make the Dealer put it in writting that no matter what mods u get, they will service the car :shrug:
If they dont....take a walk to another dealer who actually might be cool enough to understand all this B.S.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Do you have a part number for the retainer>??? The dealer we deal with thru our shop(trans shop) has pulled miracles for me before. Let me know the part number and I will get ya one. -Mat-

Users who are viewing this thread