To serve and protect....

oldmodman

Established Member
The cop is way, way, way overreacting.

It is quite normal for a woman to be afraid to pull over on an unlit road. All she could see behind her was a car with bright, colored lights.

Couldn't the cop figure out that she was not attempting to flee? Is his time really that valuable that he can't wait a little over a minute to write her a ticket?

If there is continued reporting on this I bet that we will see the charges dropped. Including the speeding ticket. But that will probably go unreported.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
If she was legitimately scared, she should've called 911 immediately. 911 will either confirm that it's an officer, or tell you that it's not and send an officer to your location. Once it's confirmed to be an officer, pull over. From her own words, the officer came up to her window and said "what in the hell are you doing? I could arrest you for this.", and she responded to him claiming that she doesn't care who he is and she didn't have to stop. Called his bluff, and he played his hand.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
If she was legitimately scared, she should've called 911 immediately. 911 will either confirm that it's an officer, or tell you that it's not and send an officer to your location. Once it's confirmed to be an officer, pull over. From her own words, the officer came up to her window and said "what in the hell are you doing? I could arrest you for this.", and she responded to him claiming that she doesn't care who he is and she didn't have to stop. Called his bluff, and he played his hand.
What about cities/states that have no cell phone use laws? More charges once it is confirmed to be a police officer?

shurur

Established Member
As usual, the circumstances never (hardly ever) seem to matter for civilians.

The officer overreacted.

And this thread will likely be in SD soon....

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Maybe they should read the rest of the statute.
Even in commie Oregon, the statute affirms the victim in this case would have been WELL WITHIN THE LAW.

Coiled03

Established Member
Not surprised by this at all.

Cops seem to routinely flip their shit when your behavior even hints at not respecting their authority.

Inb4 LEO nuthuggers try to justify this.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
You're joking, right?

Is that what people post when they don't have anything intelligent to add to the conversation? I'm not going to check every state with laws against cell phone use, but the few that I did check have exemptions for making a call to 911.

Hey RELAX fellas these people took a civil service test and do not overlook that most don't have anything beyond a HS degree!

These people are to be worshipped and we sure should fund their Pensions and also contribute towards their 'gear' which they can't afford.

These people are the crème de la crème of the work force and should have all their meals paid for...cause you don't want to get one of these guys upset...and maybe get pulled over having a license plate bulb out or missing a front license plate that doesn't stop you from passing inspection......ya know...

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Lol, 01cobravortech is your issues with silver03svt spilling over into roadside, read something similar aimed at him yesterday. Seems like you have a little animal rage going, almost ape like. :poke:

Two of my friends I grew up with became cops (both college educated btw not that it matters) one I still hang out with, one is intolerable. Some people can handle having authority some can't. Police are the most obvious examples but most of us can think of other places where people of power and trust have abused those they are suppose to serve.

Lol, 01cobravortech is your issues with silver03svt spilling over into roadside, read something similar aimed at him yesterday. Seems like you have a little animal rage going, almost ape like. :poke:

Two of my friends I grew up with became cops (both college educated btw not that it matters) one I still hang out with, one is intolerable. Some people can handle having authority some can't. Police are the most obvious examples but most of us can think of other places where people of power and trust have abused those they are suppose to serve.

Fair point. I'll keep my beef out of RS and this 'hot topic.' Appreciate it bud.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
If she was truly aware he was a police officer and chose to continue driving anyway, then she gets what she gets and I have no pity for her at all. Interesting she claims to be a 'rules' person but supposedly said "I don't care who you are I don't have to stop on a county road, I'm a single female."

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
There was a rash of fake cops pulling people over in my area, they issued a warning if you do not feel safe pulling over is lawful to drive to a spot you do feel safe. This cop over reacted x 10.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey RELAX fellas these people took a civil service test and do not overlook that most don't have anything beyond a HS degree!

These people are to be worshipped and we sure should fund their Pensions and also contribute towards their 'gear' which they can't afford.

These people are the crème de la crème of the work force and should have all their meals paid for...cause you don't want to get one of these guys upset...and maybe get pulled over having a license plate bulb out or missing a front license plate that doesn't stop you from passing inspection......ya know...

Your ignorance is quite laughable to be honest. Try applying to a police department with just a high school education. Every single department I looked into wanted an associate's degree if you did not have two years of active duty military. Most investigative agencies want at the least a BS. So, maybe do some research into the garbage you spout off before attacking a profession.

Users who are viewing this thread