To PS5 or not to PS5

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Oh shit forgot about that one. We used to get drunk and play Golden Eye in vs mode. But, we set it up to only use grenade launchers :ROFLMAO:

The look on the other players face was hilarious when you looked at them through the scope and they saw a missile heading their way in the other players half of the screen.
We played Drunk Driver a lot in undergrad

Mario Kart with drinks
1 drink per lap
Can't drink and drive at same time
So you can either race a lap, stop, slam drink, drive another lap, etc..
I went the slam all drinks up front at the start and then race route

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
If you can one get one.
Found my XSX by pure luck and they are still hard to find.

Can sell it for what you bought it for or markup easy if you don't care for it

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I do it every day.

I see what you did there!
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Don’t really play any video games but every now and again it sounds like fun. Didn’t realize how ****ing hard it would be to get one. Just got an invite to buy one direct from Sony. So yes or no?
Get it and sell it to me for a reasonable price

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SHOdown220

Established Member
I have a PS3 that is primarily used for playing movies. I like the fact that it can do Blue Ray and 3-D.
When the kids come over is when the game stuff comes out. 10-15 years ago I would play the F1 driving game. Have the steering wheel and pedals and all that stuff. Was pretty good then, don't know how it stacks up to the new stuff.

Not even comparable any more. If you played some these new racing games (iracing etc) on a proper rig you would be blown away. My buddy has the whole VR setup on a motion rig with a high dollar wheel/pedal setup. He does sim racing and believe me that world get pretty serious, racing series and all. Lot of pro race car drivers race on there.

Hell even just basic console racing games are leaps and bounds what they were 10 or 15 years ago.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Call me stupid but I wanted one so bad I paid $800 for the top model from someone selling privately and I'm not even regretful, I love it. I have always had PS consoles since the PS1 and I'm a big gamer plus I tried to win the lotto on them which is what it feels like trying to buy one and I finally caved. Part of it was my friend who was "PC for life" switching over because he got tired of all the updates and finding optimum settings and he said it was well worth it so I gave into peer pressure and my lack of patience and threw down for it. Don't regret it at all!

Graphics wise there is a major improvement but it doesn't seem as substantial as previous generations but the speed and just overall feel of it makes it one of the best consoles imo, and it will only get better over time, especially as Unreal Engine 5 rolls out and gets utilized for the newest generation consoles.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Call me stupid but I wanted one so bad I paid $800 for the top model from someone selling privately and I'm not even regretful, I love it. I have always had PS consoles since the PS1 and I'm a big gamer plus I tried to win the lotto on them which is what it feels like trying to buy one and I finally caved. Part of it was my friend who was "PC for life" switching over because he got tired of all the updates and finding optimum settings and he said it was well worth it so I gave into peer pressure and my lack of patience and threw down for it. Don't regret it at all!

Graphics wise there is a major improvement but it doesn't seem as substantial as previous generations but the speed and just overall feel of it makes it one of the best consoles imo, and it will only get better over time, especially as Unreal Engine 5 rolls out and gets utilized for the newest generation consoles.

Does $800 even buy an entry level graphics card these days?

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
tenor.gif

I'm still on an xbox360 and pc games from the 90s (Jane's fleet command, roller coaster tycoon, etc...)
Nothing like getting close to finish a scenario at near 100% have recalled your interceptors (typically 2 or 3 flights of a pair of F-14D providing CAS) when a bogey pops up doing 0.6 mach toward your carrier group. The FA-18's are winchester after a strike sans the sidewinders and bingo fuel.
I'll just launch these 2 F-14's I've got on a a 5 min standby and get a VID.
"cold cat, cold cat..."
FUUUUUU
Thankfully you can change an *.ini file to turn off the catapult failures, as that game thinks its realistic for an American supercarrier to toss at least one or two aircraft in the drink for every 20 launched.
Love the Jane's games, US Navy fighters, ATF, Longbow 2, 688i, F-15, FA-18, USAF, WWII Fighters. Cold Waters has been addictive as well, they have a new one out I need to look at when I can find the time to play.
The new MS flight simulator is fantastic, but more difficult than actual flying. 980ti in SLI was getting me 20-30FPS at 1440 (lowered the resolution to get it back to playable) fixed it late last year and now I'm limited by PCIe3.0 and DDR 3/Haswell

Last "nex gen console" I bought was a PS3. Never got into the games as they drug out the launch of gran turismo 4 so long but they were "cheap" (at the time) Blu-ray players/ or Netflix. My launch 60gb PS3 is still hooked up to my main tv, primarily for playing a blu-ray or DVD, but it hasn't been powered on since probably 2015 when I got my Sony 4k/.Android tv. Hell the last game I played was rockband 2. Have a Super Nintendo "classic" hooked up (bought one for my nephews and one for myself) but haven't really played it.

Graphics cards are back at or near MSRP but still too much. I signed up for a few EVGA 3090s at launch and 18 months later (this past December) I was able to buy one (FTW3 Ultra) for about $2,100 after tax/shipping (too much). Mining isn't cost effective here as we rely on windmills, but I was able to sell my water cooled EVGA 980ti's for about $450 a piece after fees so $1,200, but more realistic for that much card. The 3080 at $700 is not terrible at all, especially with inflation. I'll hold onto this card for probably the next decade, but the rest of the rig is ready for a refresh. The 3080ti and especially the 3090ti are just silly at this point, they were afterthoughts as the gains over the non ti are not as impressive as the 9 or 10 series cards, and you might as well buy a 3090 vs a 3080ti.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Nothing like getting close to finish a scenario at near 100% have recalled your interceptors (typically 2 or 3 flights of a pair of F-14D providing CAS) when a bogey pops up doing 0.6 mach toward your carrier group. The FA-18's are winchester after a strike sans the sidewinders and bingo fuel.
I'll just launch these 2 F-14's I've got on a a 5 min standby and get a VID.
"cold cat, cold cat..."
FUUUUUU
Thankfully you can change an *.ini file to turn off the catapult failures, as that game thinks its realistic for an American supercarrier to toss at least one or two aircraft in the drink for every 20 launched.
Love the Jane's games, US Navy fighters, ATF, Longbow 2, 688i, F-15, FA-18, USAF, WWII Fighters. Cold Waters has been addictive as well, they have a new one out I need to look at when I can find the time to play.
The new MS flight simulator is fantastic, but more difficult than actual flying. 980ti in SLI was getting me 20-30FPS at 1440 (lowered the resolution to get it back to playable) fixed it late last year and now I'm limited by PCIe3.0 and DDR 3/Haswell

Last "nex gen console" I bought was a PS3. Never got into the games as they drug out the launch of gran turismo 4 so long but they were "cheap" (at the time) Blu-ray players/ or Netflix. My launch 60gb PS3 is still hooked up to my main tv, primarily for playing a blu-ray or DVD, but it hasn't been powered on since probably 2015 when I got my Sony 4k/.Android tv. Hell the last game I played was rockband 2. Have a Super Nintendo "classic" hooked up (bought one for my nephews and one for myself) but haven't really played it.

Graphics cards are back at or near MSRP but still too much. I signed up for a few EVGA 3090s at launch and 18 months later (this past December) I was able to buy one (FTW3 Ultra) for about $2,100 after tax/shipping (too much). Mining isn't cost effective here as we rely on windmills, but I was able to sell my water cooled EVGA 980ti's for about $450 a piece after fees so $1,200, but more realistic for that much card. The 3080 at $700 is not terrible at all, especially with inflation. I'll hold onto this card for probably the next decade, but the rest of the rig is ready for a refresh. The 3080ti and especially the 3090ti are just silly at this point, they were afterthoughts as the gains over the non ti are not as impressive as the 9 or 10 series cards, and you might as well buy a 3090 vs a 3080ti.
Two of three things follow the "cold cat" radio call:

1a) yell MUH-THER ****ER
1b) yell GOD DAMNIT
2) restart

I'll looking into that ini file fix, thanks

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s not normal, longest queue I ever saw at release was 1.5 hours. Shit freeze or something? Did mine on my phone. Just bought a 3rd in January and took me 37 minutes in the queue iirc correctly.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s not normal, longest queue I ever saw at release was 1.5 hours. Shit freeze or something? Did mine on my phone. Just bought a 3rd in January and took me 37 minutes in the queue iirc correctly.
Well **** me sideways. Guess I'm not getting one then.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Well **** me sideways. Guess I'm not getting one then.

I mean it could be an absolutely massive drop but doubt it. Refresh the screen and see what it does, it should be the same time in the queue. How long after the start did you enter and what was the initial time?

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Two of three things follow the "cold cat" radio call:

1a) yell MUH-THER ****ER
1b) yell GOD DAMNIT
2) restart

I'll looking into that ini file fix, thanks
should be in the ini file in the install folder under .NoColdCat= no or 0 change it to yes or 1... (been a while, have the iso saved on my pc's just incase though).

There are still mods being made for it as well as support for higher resolutions/modern directx etc.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
this is my kind of thread!

Goldeneye 64 will always be legendary, DK mode, and that first level when you start in the bathrooms LOL

I got caught up in the frenzy of 'gotta have one' for my 85" 4k TV

Bought it.

Use it to peruse Youtube......

I would recommend against it, most PS5 games can be had on PC / other platforms. But, you could flip it for $3-400 profit within 24 hours, guaranteed.

Sure ya gotta meet up with some rando, but they're handing you $300-400 for 5 minutes of your time. That's $3600-4800/hr! :D

Users who are viewing this thread