To PS5 or not to PS5

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Don’t really play any video games but every now and again it sounds like fun. Didn’t realize how ****ing hard it would be to get one. Just got an invite to buy one direct from Sony. So yes or no?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
What's wrong with every game ever made before the PS5 all of a sudden?

Most modern games are like most modern movies - total trash. It's a visual distraction instead of an actual enjoyable experience.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
What's wrong with every game ever made before the PS5 all of a sudden?

Most modern games are like most modern movies - total trash. It's a visual distraction instead of an actual enjoyable experience.
I don’t play RPGs. So a visually pleasing mind numbing time suck is more than adequate. I just took my PS3 out of the box from moving to my house 4 years ago, which easily hadn’t been turned on for 2 years. Kind of scared to plug it in actually.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a PS3 that is primarily used for playing movies. I like the fact that it can do Blue Ray and 3-D.
When the kids come over is when the game stuff comes out. 10-15 years ago I would play the F1 driving game. Have the steering wheel and pedals and all that stuff. Was pretty good then, don't know how it stacks up to the new stuff.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
tenor.gif

I'm still on an xbox360 and pc games from the 90s (Jane's fleet command, roller coaster tycoon, etc...)

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Get ps5 and get gt7. Got mine on launch day and there is not enough games. Im usually stuck playing ps4 games enhanced for the ps5

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t play RPGs. So a visually pleasing mind numbing time suck is more than adequate. I just took my PS3 out of the box from moving to my house 4 years ago, which easily hadn’t been turned on for 2 years. Kind of scared to plug it in actually.

Got nothing to do with RPGs.

Hard to beat old school Contra, Super Mario 3, Golden Eye, Counter Strike, Half Life, COD MW, Unreal Tournament, Day of Defeat, MechWarrior 3, Metal Gear Solid, Bioshock, NFSU II, GTA 3 Vice City, Saints Row 3 on and on and on.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Golden Eye,

Oh shit forgot about that one. We used to get drunk and play Golden Eye in vs mode. But, we set it up to only use grenade launchers :ROFLMAO:

The look on the other players face was hilarious when you looked at them through the scope and they saw a missile heading their way in the other players half of the screen.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Got nothing to do with RPGs.

Hard to beat old school Contra, Super Mario 3, Golden Eye, Counter Strike, Half Life, COD MW, Unreal Tournament, Day of Defeat, MechWarrior 3, Metal Gear Solid, Bioshock, NFSU II, GTA 3 Vice City, Saints Row 3 on and on and on.

A lot of those scale well on the PC and/or have next gen versions. I wish the make a new Unreal Tournament with the Unreal 5 engine coming out. PC is where it's at though. Granted my video card a lone costs about 3 PS5s it has productive purposes too though.

Users who are viewing this thread