Tires, Tires, Tires

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Wow you are a little bitch you know that? How about it doesnt matter what I do with my DD. Maybe its laid up, maybe its under repair, maybe my best friend is using it for a few months - if I didnt mention it its not a current option, but you think you are so neat you had to stick in your edgy comment in a thread that has nothing remotely to do with it. Furthermore, I dont live in California where I could run a drag radial everywhere so even when it becomes a weekend car that is still a terrible idea. Finally...telling me to stufu in my thread for calling you out for being the idiot you are - thats cute. Why dont you stop trying to be a tough guy on the net and go back to working on your reach around.

So then you obviously don't have a DD. If you did you wouldn't be asking about a DD tire. You said you racked up a lot of miles DDing your car, so I suggested a DD so that way you can run a good tire on your car that won't almost kill you, then you became a huge smartass over my suggestion. You're the one scared to put a real tire on your car, yet I'm somehow a little bitch. I have a penis, so I'll keep using a real tire on my Cobra, and you can keep almost dying with your shitty tires. No wonder your cobra hates you, I'd try driving into a wall if I was a vehicle that was constantly driven by a douche bag too, HOMIE!

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yeah I was looking at those lst night. And I was thinking about throwing my Eagles in back but that means going back to the 245 - which Im pretty sure I probably want to do

Which Kuhmos are you running? And which Michelins were you running? I think I am leaning towards those G-forces above, the Pilot Sport PS2, or that potenza tire
Those G-Force sports are another good tire, I'd recommend those too!!
I have these Kumho's
New Kumho Ecsta ASX Tire(s) 255/45R17 255/45-17 2554517: eBay Motors (item 150459679571 end time Oct-21-10 12:09:35 PDT)

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
If you did not like the KDW2 then stay away from the both the ps2 and pzero. I have ran everyone mentioned above along with falken and sumi's. The ps2 and the current 1000.00 a pair 315/30/18 perelli p-zero's I have on right now are not that great.

I am surprised at your comment on the kwd2, I have never owned a tire that could own a wet road the kdw2. I never found the limit because it would just keep hanging on to just stupid speeds in the rain.

I can tell you one thing about the kdw2 is that the 300 tread rating is a joke, I could never even get 20k out of them.

Since they do not make the one you have and you do not like the KDW2 then I would try the kumhos, they make some sick tires. The ecsta mx is just about a damn road race tire with full tread.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
If you did not like the KDW2 then stay away from the both the ps2 and pzero. I have ran everyone mentioned above along with falken and sumi's. The ps2 and the current 1000.00 a pair 315/30/18 perelli p-zero's I have on right now are not that great.

I am surprised at your comment on the kwd2, I have never owned a tire that could own a wet road the kdw2. I never found the limit because it would just keep hanging on to just stupid speeds in the rain.

I can tell you one thing about the kdw2 is that the 300 tread rating is a joke, I could never even get 20k out of them.

Since they do not make the one you have and you do not like the KDW2 then I would try the kumhos, they make some sick tires. The ecsta mx is just about a damn road race tire with full tread.

Wow thats really interesting that they have worked out for you so well. I had 0 grip in the KDW2 and I totally agree with the tread rating, they didnt last very long on my car either. So why do you say stay away from the PS2? Even in comparisons it seems like its a much better performer, and looks like its putting up similar numbers to my current tire. Ill ckeck out that Kumho for sure

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Thats the original reason I got the ps2's (the high overall rating) if you talk with most of the z06 guys over on thier forum, almost all hate the tire especially the fun flat version.
So I find a deal for these amazing 1000 dollar a pair p-zeros for basically half priced shipped. Just rolling onto the gas in first and they begin to spin at around 5500, my continentals, kd's and kdw2's never did that. Also in a real hard fast corner the back end get a little loose (comes right back) it never did this before. Same suspension set up and alignment.
They are wider and look great at 315/30/18 compared to all the other 295/35/18's but I would not buy them again especially at full price.
The other thing you have to think about is the cold not just the wet. Many of these Summer onlys are like plastic under 40 degrees, some, like my toyo r888's will actually crystalize if exposed to cold temps to long and ruin the tire. I know ps2's and p-zeros are not recommended in anything under 40 degrees (no snow or ice at all).
Make sure you look into that when buying a sticky tire, you don't want to ruin them or worse wreck driving your car on a cold Seattle day.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Thats the original reason I got the ps2's (the high overall rating) if you talk with most of the z06 guys over on thier forum, almost all hate the tire especially the fun flat version.
So I find a deal for these amazing 1000 dollar a pair p-zeros for basically half priced shipped. Just rolling onto the gas in first and they begin to spin at around 5500, my continentals, kd's and kdw2's never did that. Also in a real hard fast corner the back end get a little loose (comes right back) it never did this before. Same suspension set up and alignment.
They are wider and look great at 315/30/18 compared to all the other 295/35/18's but I would not buy them again especially at full price.
The other thing you have to think about is the cold not just the wet. Many of these Summer onlys are like plastic under 40 degrees, some, like my toyo r888's will actually crystalize if exposed to cold temps to long and ruin the tire. I know ps2's and p-zeros are not recommended in anything under 40 degrees (no snow or ice at all).
Make sure you look into that when buying a sticky tire, you don't want to ruin them or worse wreck driving your car on a cold Seattle day.

Exactly, and thats why I have been so happy with my DS-G3s, so effin crazy they arent made anymore. Ok I will have to look up those bad reviews and see, I know a few guys in newer 911Ts that run them and had good feedback...but I also know Vettes are pavement pounders so I dont know if thats making a difference for them. So what did you end up running/recommend overall?

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
I am not real impressed withe sumis but the price was great.

Ok, If your not going to drive it im freezing or near freezing temps then check out these two:
Bridgestone potenza re760
or
General exclaim uhp (mark my words, you will see this tire on more and more cars. They make it in a ton of sizes, well priced and very good perforemance)

if you are going to drive in near freezing or even light snow then check out this tire:
Continental extreme contact dws

all those tires come in the sizes you need and are a decent price

BTW, there are 4- 285/40/17 gs-d3 's available through discount tire direct right now, last 4 in the country. Kinda big for a stock wheel though.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
^yeah that 275 Barely fits on there, I wont even attempt a bigger size. Ok so have you run those Bridgestones? I ask earlier if anyone had used them and cant find any imput on them.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
I have not run those I have p-zeros on my car right now, although I'm changing over to toyo r888's in a few weeks when the procharger goes on.

I've heard real good things about those 760's. The reason you dont see those kind of tires that much is because so many people with these cars just do not drive them much in bad conditions. A high percent of cobra owners run summer only or drag radial type tires.

I have a good friend that switched from summer only bridgstones to those generals on his bmw and loves them. Says they grip great both wet and dry and about half the price. His only complaint was that they are loud as they wear down. Normally not a problem for cobra owners since we usually have loud exhaust.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
I have not run those I have p-zeros on my car right now, although I'm changing over to toyo r888's in a few weeks when the procharger goes on.

I've heard real good things about those 760's. The reason you dont see those kind of tires that much is because so many people with these cars just do not drive them much in bad conditions. A high percent of cobra owners run summer only or drag radial type tires.

I have a good friend that switched from summer only bridgstones to those generals on his bmw and loves them. Says they grip great both wet and dry and about half the price. His only complaint was that they are loud as they wear down. Normally not a problem for cobra owners since we usually have loud exhaust.

The people who are running the 760s that have given you good reviews...what have they been running? High HP RWD cars?

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
The people who are running the 760s that have given you good reviews...what have they been running? High HP RWD cars?

The RE760's are garbage. I torched them in a summer. They grip for crap.

My favorite was the RE 050 pole positions. So much grip.

Last edited:

cobraracer46

Banned
I have KDW2's and am not really a fan either. I had GS-D3's on my old BBS wheels. I loved those tires. It's ridiculous that they don't make GS-D3's or BFG KD's anymore for that matter. Those were both awesome tires.

Not that any of that helps you. lol.

The Goodyear GSD3's are still avalable acording to Goodyear's web site
Performance Tires | Goodyear Tires

Tire rack lists the GSD 3 275 40 17's and the 315 35 17's on back order.
Tire Search Results

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
The RE760's are garbage. I torched them in a summer. They grip for crap.

My favorite was the RE 050 pole positions. So much grip.

you should probably read the whole post. He cannot use a summer only tire and the 050's will last half as long as the 760's. On top of that the 760 are far better in the rain.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member

It's mixed KA, but for the price it might be worth a shot. I've tried several different tires because some of them were cheap. I got a deal on the ps2's and they did not stay on more than 2 months. You have 17" wheels which is far cheaper than 18's usually by about 75-100 a tire.

I think tires depend a lot of the driver, the car and susp. You and the guy above really do not like the kdw2 and myself and many others have found the performance to be outstanding. I know a few guys that actually live near me that can't say enough about the ps2's but they really did not work well for me.

The options i gave are cheap in comparison to the pirellis and mich's. It's to bad that you do not have 18" wheels because I getting ready to take my p-zeros off and would cut you a hell of a deal since I got them for half price to start with.

Whatever you go with please update if you find a good tire that works for you. I'm going to get out of this thread before it becomes a pissing match. If I can help anymore please pm me.

cobraracer46

Banned
They list a lot of things, I called the tire rack and talked to a tech, he confirmed they are discontinued and there are no more in that size only the 4 285/40's I mentioned earlier.

This is interesting. I called the Tire rack yesterday and the representative stated that the tires are not discontinued an order had been placed with Goodyear for the said sizes.

I also called Goodyear directly and the answer I got was " there is a back order for 235 tires in the 315 35 17 size and there are no plans to produce this tire in the next 4-5 weeks" "the GSD 3 tire has not been discontinued"

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Maybe they changed their tune. A few months ago, Discount Tire and Sears both said they wouldn't be able to get the GSD3 anymore due to discontinuing. They probably realized that it's the best tire in their arsenal:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread