Tire shop damaged a CCW

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Sorry this happened OP. I had a similar experience with Goodyear here in town a couple of years ago. I noticed it immediately and pointed it out to the manager. They apologized for the mistake, blamed it on a new employee for not using the correct arm and I had a new wheel in a few days. To this day, they still remember the incident and I think the guy that screwed up was fired.

Huddleston

The Sawed Off Scott Gun
Established Member
sorry to hear that man, i am anxious about my velgens getting damaged in the same fashion. hopefully they make it right for you.

03 deadpool

Established Member
My buddy is so peticular with his ccws he drives about an hour to get them done. I feel your pain one of my 10th anniversarys rolled across the shop floor at the local firestone fell its side and wobboled in circles to the tech grabbed it by then the lip was pretty ate up. They gave me 2 tires for free.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm surprised the manager didn't first offer to have it fixed. A good shop should be able to get that wheel looking like "new". Hope it all works out for you.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Had Sears screw up one of my 95 GT waffle wheels about 13 years ago, as I was looking after the tech working on my wheel balancing. Went to confront the manager of the store and straight-away says, "we didn't do anything" with absolutely no eye contact while shouting at me.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Just had the shop i always use damage one of my new concave wheels. The good guy there left, so they put some other guy on it and he put a nice little gouge in the face! Not even while putting the tire on. He or some other numbnut must have let it fall over againsy the machine because the mark has red paint in it, like the machine. I brought it to their attentionand that i was extremely disappointed. Not going to do anything beyond that since i always take wheels there. But it happens to me too lol

That looks like a really easy repair from my phone pics. If it was our wheel we'd fix it no charge (other than shipping), if its as easy as it looks.
Thats the downside of 1 piece wheels. If the damage is beyond repair than youre stuck buying a whole new wheel. But i think youll be ok and im sure ccw will take care of you for the repair.

Jefe

Established Member
Shop messed up my CCW lip. Wasn't too bad, kinda like yours. They brought a wheel repair guy out to fix it and an hour later it looked brand new. I think it cost them $50

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
From the picture, it looks like there are 2 spots damaged. One by the stem and one by a spoke.

Either way, it looks easily repairable. Most tire shops have places that can repair them as well. You wouldn't even know it when they are finished.

I would think that is what they will offer.

testorossa1989

Established Member
This type of thing always makes me nervous because people dont care for things like this. I hate getting tires mounted and alignment mainly because anytime a car goes on a skylift people kick under the legs and dont even attempt to look for a lift point.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Just had the shop i always use damage one of my new concave wheels. The good guy there left, so they put some other guy on it and he put a nice little gouge in the face! Not even while putting the tire on. He or some other numbnut must have let it fall over againsy the machine because the mark has red paint in it, like the machine. I brought it to their attentionand that i was extremely disappointed. Not going to do anything beyond that since i always take wheels there. But it happens to me too lol

That looks like a really easy repair from my phone pics. If it was our wheel we'd fix it no charge (other than shipping), if its as easy as it looks.
Thats the downside of 1 piece wheels. If the damage is beyond repair than youre stuck buying a whole new wheel. But i think youll be ok and im sure ccw will take care of you for the repair.

Thats why i run the True forged wheels on my car now! CCW said 125 per wheel plus ship. They answered real fast and gave me all the info i needed. I am going to see the shop owner tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

Steve!!!! How does TF not do there own tire mounting lol (or even have a tire machine for that matter)

Thats why i run the True forged wheels on my car now! CCW said 125 per wheel plus ship. They answered real fast and gave me all the info i needed. I am going to see the shop owner tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

Even $125 doesnt seem that bad for a $700 wheel to be fixed. John, Dan and Wray at CCW are stand up guys and do solid work.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
We dont tires that much lol.

$125 isnt too bad. Call HRE and ask them and pretend you have a polished HRE wheel and see what they tell you lol

Quik Z06

Established Member
Had this happen a few years ago on some forged wheels. Normally I would go to a guy I trust but it was late and they were closed (and of course I couldn't wait) I took my rims to Americas Tire, they put the tires on etc. Well next day when I could get a good look at them I noticed they were just like that. I called them back up and spoke to the manager. He had me bring them in and he sent them out to be fixed.

Zemedici

Established Member
just had this happen a few weeks ago at my brothers tire store. I told him I want ONLY him working on the tire, well low and behold i look over and some other dude's got my wheel in his hand, and he drops it on his face right in front of me, onto tools on the ground. It chipped the face of the wheel, and his manager saw it.

He said 'buy the wheel, and i will reimburse you', and he did exactly that.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Sorry to hear about your problem man. That's why I had the local Porsche dealership do my HRE's.

im afraid to ask how much they charged you....

local guy took his hres to a local lambo/ferrari shop that puts on custom wheels. they managed to damage all four wheels. they blamed it on the wheel/finish :rollseyes after taking them to small claims court they caved in right at the last moment and agreed to send them back to HRE and pay the repair fees. the cost was astronomical but the shop got a break from hre. if the customer had to pay, it was going to come out to like $1600!
and i believe it was the owner of the shop who put the tires on too :bash::nonono:

just had this happen a few weeks ago at my brothers tire store. I told him I want ONLY him working on the tire, well low and behold i look over and some other dude's got my wheel in his hand, and he drops it on his face right in front of me, onto tools on the ground. It chipped the face of the wheel, and his manager saw it.

He said 'buy the wheel, and i will reimburse you', and he did exactly that.

holy ouch! :uh oh::kaboom: who reimbursed you? the employee or the manager?

i get calls every two weeks from tire shops/customers for this very same reason. usually its for a 3 piece wheel and we can just ship them a new lip. most incidences ive had like this the shops covered the repairs no problem. including some that were $$.

Users who are viewing this thread