Tint question

Candler8

Established Member
I love this forum!!

Now that I have my Shelby...the first thing that has to be done...is window tinting.

I have never had a car that this was not already done...can someone please tell me the tint I need to get??

Thanks so much!!

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I just got a fix it ticket lol. No tints allowed in the front windows PERIOD in CA :( whatevs, it was cool while it lasted lol

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Depends on your state and local code. Check out Yelp. Com and look for great reviews. Its all local. Great shops will do the best job and know the law.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
If you go to a local tint shop they will tell you what is legal. Depending on your area some are way more forgiving the others.

I have 5% on mine where only 30% is legal with no issues

IA Shelby

Established Member
Tint and the level is about as personal as exhaust note and color combinations.

Opinions will be all over the board. I recently bought a used cobra. It came with 5% tint. I do not like it at all. I find it to be dangerous at night.

Now Zporta obviously likes his 5% tint.

Google some different examples. I personally like the 40-50% range but most will tell you that it is a waste of money because it barely looks tinted.

To each his own. Good luck.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
You need to combine the factory tint % to the aftermarket tint % to determine if you are legal. Police and inspection stations here have testers in their cars/shops now.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Like Zporta I have 5% on my car I love the look but a night I cant see shit out of my windows, easy fix though just roll the windows down.

Last edited:

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Like Zporta I have 5% on my car I love the look but a night I cant see shit out of my windows, easy fix though just roll the windows down.

+1

Plus it's great for privacy and keep more sun out of your car which is a big plus when I live in S. FL.

DKRIPLEAN

Established Member
I have 20 percent on all my windows. Knocks out a lot of the sun but I can see out at night without any issues.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I also have my front glass done and am used to driving with dark windows. I feel the way most people feel when I try and try a car with no tint.

My truck is tinted the same way. It's nice because I'm constantly carrying expensive tools.

denman

Established Member
I remember in college in the 80's having 2.5% on my camaro ... Talk about no light coming through

Users who are viewing this thread