• 26-35%

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • >35%

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wallace7666

Established Member
Hey guys, looking for some pictures and opionions to sway my own. My car is a fish bowl right now i.e. has clear glass on all corners. Im tired of people being able to look at me in my bright red car and want some shade from the sun that we get one day a year in NY. My question is; what percent tint do you guys have, and is your windshield tinted? I really want to get a light tint on my windshield because I love the look but am unsure if cops will :nono: upon this. Post up some pictures of your cars with what tint % you have, if the windshield is tinted, and if you have trouble with LEO in your area. Thanks guys for any input!

Zemedici

Established Member
5%. dont hoon around town and you'll be fine. I've got 15% and was debating going double 5%, since I always have my windows down.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
probably need to be asking the more local crowd about enforcement. Here in FL they typically dont care, 35% is legal, Ive always had 20% and Im happy with it. You can still see at night in all but the darkest of places

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I am fish bowled too. Getting tint next week. Leaning toward 20-30% range because I had 5% in my old 95 GT and seeing out was a bitch. I wont go that dark again.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I am fish bowled too. Getting tint next week. Leaning toward 20-30% range because I had 5% in my old 95 GT and seeing out was a bitch. I wont go that dark again.

Dominican_7

Established Member
I got 15% all the way around, really dark. No static from PD here.

60140A6C-D513-45C6-A5E8-0E9D8F67BB6A_zpsiprasgwm.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My factory windows were like an 80% when my buddy tested them, we threw 20% over everything, 50% on the whole windshield. The windshield tested 42% after that, and the sides like 12%. I think our cars are factory uv tinted/burned in the glass or something.

My rear window measure like 11% and I think it's because the defroster strips in some way absorb light a little. No clue really.

I know my 20+50 combo was noticeably darker than my buddies 20+50 combo on a 1990 notchback. Everyone thinks I have 10% tint.

Also, my car wasn't previously tinted, my buddy runs a tint shop and found no previous tint on the windows or residue build up.

I didn't do a strip, but I have the black running pony banner windshield so it does a similar job.

Night driving is a little sketchy. Not too bad, but dark.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
I recently picked up an 03 Cobra from Florida, and brought it to Texas. It was 5% all around with a huge strip in the front. It looks great, but it was a pain to drive at night with the tint being so dark. It would also not pass inspection here in Texas. I had to retint the whole car, and I removed the strip in the front cos it was right in my line of sight. The front windshield is lighted tinted still, but it's not that noticeable. I went with 30% on the doors, 20% on the small rear windows, and 5% on the back window. Texas requires no lower than 25% on the doors, but the closest they had at the shop I used that was worth using (3M) was 30%. I'll see if I can get some pictures of for you later of the before and after. Now, I love that I have no issues with driving at night, and the tint on the sides blends in well IMHO.

03' White Snake

Established Member
20% is perfect for a DD.

I have 5% all around with 35% on the windshield. :rockon: you cannot see in my car with the top and windows up. I only drive my car when it is nice out so the top and windows are usually down. With my top and windows down, you need to know what to look for to tell the windshield is tinted. As with dark tint, I put the windows down to back into the garage and to pull out of dark roads so I can see. Its the nature of the beast.

Mach828

Established Member
Accidently voted for 35%+ haha. Get 10/15% if you can find it. Windshield tint it really nice, I had 5% all around with 35% on the windshield on my F150 and loved it.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I think 35% is just fine, back in the day I'd say 5% like the rest but it's just too damn dark for me know.

Users who are viewing this thread