Tiger racing hoods.

darkside323

Established Member
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Finally got the hood on last Sat. Here are my pics.
I have also Plastidip'd my wheels black and added carbon fiber side and rear bottom splitters. What do you guys think?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I would say Paul is working on this but he also has a World Challenge GTS campaign to concentrate on too. Building a race car and getting to my double race school took all of my time, to the point that I quit building parts so I could concentrate on the car. I saw my wife long enough to eat supper and say goodbye in the morning before I headed to my day job.

Call Tiger Racing and ask about the 99-04 hood availability, Paul is very nice and will talk to you.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Tiger said:

The 99-04 will be first and towards the end of May. 94-98 is at least 8 weeks off.

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
Has anyone installed the hood on a 11+ with a Roush TVS and JLT Big Air Intake? I'm curious if water can get to the intake filter.

5.0GT

Established Member
Darkside, it look great. Really gives the car an aggressive look
Will rain make any damages, my car is a dd and I hope I get this someday.

there are some pictures on their facebook page for the 05-09.

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Is it just me or has the tiger racing page disappeared and become a redirect link to the teams facebook page?!?

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
not just you, I get the same, frustrating since on their Facebook page there are no 99-04 parts at all :shrug:

E-Mail is the best way to get ahold of them. I believe a new website is in the works.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
not just you, I get the same, frustrating since on their Facebook page there are no 99-04 parts at all :shrug:

Aside from the fact that I may be the one person without a facebook:shrug: Too much drama. Any news on the bolt on 99-04 hood?

darkside323

Established Member
Darkside, it look great. Really gives the car an aggressive look
Will rain make any damages, my car is a dd and I hope I get this someday.

there are some pictures on their facebook page for the 05-09.

Thanks!!!! I really love the hood's design. My car is also a Daily Driver and has been through several rain storms. Some water gets inside while standing still. No damage as of yet. This hood really does it's job. Air intake temps usually hover around 5-15 degrees above ambient temp.

DocB

Established Member
As you know, I was recently forced to get a new hood. Just installed the TR fiberglass hood on an S197 08 Mustang GT. The hood is real nice and fits well. Although it could use some improvement in aero design, I will have to forego the mod at this time as I am itching to get back on track.
My question for you fellas that have installed this hood with hood pins is in regards to the hood pin latch screws.
The location for the latches is very thin fiberglass, and is two layers about an inch apart. The latch kit comes with very small screws and tiny clips that have worked well in aluminum, but are just not going to make it in FG.
What did you use that you felt comfortable with that would hold up and not rip out in a crash?
Below are some pics to show the type of latches I am using. I would like to stay with these latches as they are correct for the car.
(Before anyone gets of topic, the outside two pins are not yet fully positioned.)
Any help or info with latch pin plate retention greatly appreciated.
HoodPins001.jpg

HoodPins002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread