Tiger racing hoods.

AMB

Established Member
TR Hoods

It looks likes the TR hoods for the SN95 Mustangs will be aviable some time next month!!! :banana:

darkside323

Established Member
I know Paul prototyped one a couple of months ago and is currently running one on his world challenge car. Not sure when they will become available.

DTL

Established Member
I thought I read on one of the mustang forums that someone was trying to put together a group buy for these hoods. I can't find it anymore though. :( I've been bugging my brother to track down Paul when they're at Laguna Seca in a few weeks and see what's up with a hood for my car. If I get any useful info, I'll pass it along.

mufflerbearing

Established Member
Hey DocB, could you get a hold of me about your FR? What frame number is it? I have #23 Caddell's/Kauffman Racing car.

DocB

Established Member
No feedback from anyone about hood pin plates, so this is what we did on a FG TR hood:
50 thou 316 SS, SS rivets.

FinishedTeardrops001.jpg

FinishedTeardrops002.jpg

mufflerbearing

Established Member
I would think that the plate on the top with the SS rivets will be fine. The weaker part will be the back side. Did you put a plate/washer on the back side for the rivets to go through? I would think that this will be strong enough. I don't think that there will be a lot of uplift from this hood to begin with. Looking at my buddies Boss 302S with the same design has less underhood heat and less uplift. The problem with the standard hood is that all of the air coming into the radiator is forced down under the car, this is a great solution and will create more downforce. I want one!

I will say, Brown is a great guy to talk to. He is patient and genuinely enguaging.

marsh2o

Established Member
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would like to get this hood for my GT500. Anybody know who sells this? And are the regular S197 and GT500 versions the same?

Alternatively, does anyone have any contact info for Tiger Racing? I know they have a Facebook page, but I have no desire to join just to drop TR a note.

Many thanks.

racebronco2

Established Member
I would like to get this hood for my GT500. Anybody know who sells this? And are the regular S197 and GT500 versions the same?

Alternatively, does anyone have any contact info for Tiger Racing? I know they have a Facebook page, but I have no desire to join just to drop TR a note.

Many thanks.

The s197's and the gt500 are different. The founder of tiger racing ( Paul Brown) has passed away, not sure at this time if there is anyone whom will be able to take over.

marsh2o

Established Member

darkside323

Established Member
For S197 mustangs 05-09 the hood is the same and works on GT 500 or GT/V6. My CF cracked within 4 months and continued even after a year. Get fiberglass and cross your fingers.

NGO

Established Member
Does anyone have before and after data for IAT1, IAT2 and engine temp. Just trying to justify the expense. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread