Thoughts on the Hollywood strike of actors and writers?

VegasMichael

Established Member
I mostly watch sports and news and older movies so I don't think it will bother me much. But I wonder what the trickle down effects will be. The crew people who work on sets for tv and film in particular. And will it be problematic on subscriptions to cable and entities like Netflix and Hulu and all the others? If no new programming is coming out why bother paying for a subscription? I wonder how long the strike will last.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I‘m watching The Walking Dead - Dead City with the Wench and told her that was hopeful for and end of civilization by Zombies. I’m praying that Hollywood is the beginning of the apocalypse.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh well,.............................

giphy.gif

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Everything is mostly GTP'able if you keep making more Marvel, more Transforms, more F&F. I love a good movie but try something new. Excited to check out Oppenheimer. Curious to see where that goes. Obviously you know.... but what they do with the story. Granted the 7 basic plot theory, can still make a good movie. Don't though.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Everything is mostly GTP'able if you keep making more Marvel, more Transforms, more F&F. I love a good movie but try something new. Excited to check out Oppenheimer. Curious to see where that goes. Obviously you know.... but what they do with the story. Granted the 7 basic plot theory, can still make a good movie. Don't though.
Initially I was interested until I found out which ass clowns were in and involved with the film. I doubt Hollyweird will offer anything of substance that hasn't already been shown in past documentaries about him and if I were guessing, it will be far too much artistic licensing rather than fact.

Answering the original question, I'd enjoy if they all went away and never returned. Too much of what they make is an embarrassment. Too many of those people think their crap doesn't stink. They could drop dead and I wouldn't care.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Initially I was interested until I found out which ass clowns were in and involved with the film. I doubt Hollyweird will offer anything of substance that hasn't already been shown in past documentaries about him and if I were guessing, it will be far too much artistic licensing rather than fact.

Answering the original question, I'd enjoy if they all went away and never returned. Too much of what they make is an embarrassment. Too many of those people think their crap doesn't stink. They could drop dead and I wouldn't care.

No doubt. Familiar with the actual history but would like to see how, if they can, turn it into a story that does any justice. Dunkirk wasn't bad. Same director. Could go either way, think it is worth a watch.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
My thoughts are they recognize the new lgbqtxyz shit they've been pushing, can't sustain their bygone day profits. It's cheaper to put the breaks on then roll along losing money. Let them rot!

Users who are viewing this thread