This summer heat is awful.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
What are the houses out there built like? Can they handle hurricane force winds?

I feel like when the Santa Ana winds are blowing here they’re hurricane gale force rated. We’ve had wind gust upwards of 80 here. It feels like the house is going to fall over and never does. Probably due to the seismic requirements built into the construction. We’re more used to the shakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Went to the Metallica/Pantera concert in Dallas last night. It was 114° when we parked and this was the temp when we left at 11:30pm.

0D21AAF8-56E8-4139-947A-7538BA7A50F8.jpeg

I think it's still worse at home near Houston though. The humidity is way lower up north. I was able to park in a wide open blacktop parking lot with no shade, walk 13-14 rows toward the stadium, get redirected out to the street, then wait in line for the metal detectors and again to show tickets, then walk through the concourse outside to the stadium and I was maybe a touch sweaty. I would've been soaked down here. But it's ****in hot regardless.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Ojai, California, 80 miles nw of LA, had a 5.1 earthquake, during the tropical storm. That has to be a first! Felt all throughout the LA area.

Screenshot_20230821-011655_Fox%20News.jpeg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Went to the Metallica/Pantera concert in Dallas last night. It was 114° when we parked and this was the temp when we left at 11:30pm.

View attachment 1806379

I think it's still worse at home near Houston though. The humidity is way lower up north. I was able to park in a wide open blacktop parking lot with no shade, walk 13-14 rows toward the stadium, get redirected out to the street, then wait in line for the metal detectors and again to show tickets, then walk through the concourse outside to the stadium and I was maybe a touch sweaty. I would've been soaked down here. But it's ****in hot regardless.
I was there for both shows, hot as a mother ****er

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s what I’m hearing, I’m up near Cal state SB. And it was pretty intense.

The winds by Cal State can get CRAZY. I remember them closing campus down many times for wind during my tenure there in the late 90s.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
We got that in a thunderstorm around 6PM yesterday.

I remember the rain in Florida when I visited Orlando years ago. It was like someone turned the garden hose on the windshield everyday at 5. My daughter just came back from there and hated it due to the humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread