This summer heat is awful.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
It's been hot but not horrible here. June sucked for rain but we are catching up now. Headed up to Mackinaw this weekend and it's supposed to be in the 70's to low 80's.

rborden

Established Member
I'll take the heat over the damn cold, snow and ice.

You couldn't pay me a high 6 figure salary or 7 figure salary to move north ever again.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I'll take the heat over the damn cold, snow and ice.

You couldn't pay me a high 6 figure salary or 7 figure salary to move north ever again.
I'd take my ass as far north as possible for that kind of money and I absolutely hate the cold!

It's been mild for summer here. Only a few days in the 90s so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's been in the 90s the past two weeks here. We went to NYC last Friday and it was brutal. Went to Boston yesterday, and it was equally brutal! Today, we're headed for the beach in Milford, where the heat won't be a big issue.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd much rather deal with cold weather. Easier to dress warm, IMO. Plus I like to snow mobile.
People always want what they don't have!

We pretty much need to schedule a warm weather vacation from December thru February otherwise winter just becomes unbearable.

If you moved up this way you'd probably be fine the first winter or 2 but I guarantee it would become a drag after that.

Snowmobiling is fun but you actually have to get to northern WI for consistent snowmobiling and decent trails. Snow cover is not consistent throughout winter in the southern half of the state.

I know I've mentioned it to you before but we went to San Antonio in November 2018 and went up to Austin for a day and stopped at Salt Lick BBQ after Austin. It was wonderful to walking around in shorts and a t-shirt in mid November and feel warm sun.

Also went to Houston last March and I even jumped in the hotel pool after dark (after beers of course) and while chilly it was nothing compared to the January 1st polar bear plunge in Lake Michigan.

I agree 105+ almost everyday in summer would become a drag as well though.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
People always want what they don't have!

We pretty much need to schedule a warm weather vacation from December thru February otherwise winter just becomes unbearable.

If you moved up this way you'd probably be fine the first winter or 2 but I guarantee it would become a drag after that.

Snowmobiling is fun but you actually have to get to northern WI for consistent snowmobiling and decent trails. Snow cover is not consistent throughout winter in the southern half of the state.

I know I've mentioned it to you before but we went to San Antonio in November 2018 and went up to Austin for a day and stopped at Salt Lick BBQ after Austin. It was wonderful to walking around in shorts and a t-shirt in mid November and feel warm sun.

Also went to Houston last March and I even jumped in the hotel pool after dark (after beers of course) and while chilly it was nothing compared to the January 1st polar bear plunge in Lake Michigan.

I agree 105+ almost everyday in summer would become a drag as well though.

I lived in northern Iowa for 30 years and went to college in Minnesota. I know what cold winters are like, and they don't bother me. :)

We are going to be looking at property in the Hot Springs & Whitefish areas of SD in the next 2 weeks while we are there on vacation.

I guess I wouldn't mind a winter/summer set up. One place in each climate.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Here in MD (Eastern Shore), June was very dry and cooler than normal. Now we have FL type weather - hot, humid, chance of storm every day later afternoon/early evening. We doubled our June rain total in the first 9 days of July.

Today is particularly hot with temps in the mid 90's and heat index 100-105 degrees.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
It hasn't been too hot here as far as temperature. Boston just had its first 90 degree day yesterday, but the humidity has more than made up for it. It has been brutally humid for weeks.

From how I understand it the reason for all the heat out west is due to the jet stream being stuck in the same pattern for weeks. Hopefully it will break soon.

Meanwhile in Arizona we've had a cooler than normal summer up to this point.

I'll take the heat over the cold all day long though.

Really? I just saw a report on the news last night that Arizona is expected to break an all time record for most consecutive days over 110 degrees which is 18! They are at 13 right now.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Laughs in Arrakis.

Been over 110 for 18 days in a row now. Last night at 11:45 it was still 106.

Don't care..I don't have to shovel snow.

Stop complaining or y'all have the greenies blaming cows and cars.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It's been miserable. It's the dew point killing me. It's always bad in the mornings in the summer then diminishes (but still shitty) throughout the day as it heats up, but for several weeks now the dew point stays high all day. It's noon and it's still 79° which makes it extra shitty. After Covid kicked my ass it makes it hard to breathe in this nonsense.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Our AC bill last month was more than double the previous month. I don't remember temps being this high in the 17 years I have been here. I remember lots of straight 100-101 degree days but this is miserable. I went to bed last night at 9 PM and it was still 98 degrees outside.

Looking forward to retirement in 6 years and moving north.

View attachment 1801054
Way, way off topic, but try heating a pool through a Colorado winter....

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I guess NC has been stealing all ya'lls rain. I don't ever remember having this green of grass this late in the year without running the sprinkler.
It's hot as a bitch, but rains about every 3rd day.
Its calling for rain every single day from the 23rd to the 5th right now. Crazy

Ended up building this over the 4th for little dude to cool off in.
Pretty fun project for under $2,500.

Attachments

• 20230701_113251.jpg
    20230701_113251.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230701_145631.jpg
    20230701_145631.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230711_095414.jpg
    20230711_095414.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Really? I just saw a report on the news last night that Arizona is expected to break an all time record for most consecutive days over 110 degrees which is 18! They are at 13 right now.
It's not the all time record for heat, just the record for this particular day. The hottest we've ever clocked in at was 128 in 1994. We've had years where our first 100 degree day is in early March so it was relatively mild all the way up to July this year. June was actually pretty nice out (104) and until last week, if you stayed in the shade it really wasn't that bad.

Arizona's position in relation to the equator means we get the most UV concentration of any state so while it's hot the sun the shade isn't bad....until monsoons bring humidity. UV is what makes our heat more dangerous and uncomfortable than other places and is why everyone that works outside wears pants and long sleeves when it's brutally hot outside.

SilverStreak02

Established Member
All those people that fall for “record this” and “record that” forget that the planet is WAAAYYYY older than when we started measuring and recording things. Mere lemmings they are.

Here’s an example, this chart only represents the most recent 10% of the planets life.
- It was created by studying ice cores from the Arctic and Greenland.
- The planet was warmer than it is now just 30,000 years ago.
- Damn Fred Flintstone and his ICE powered mobile….
IMG_0171.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread