This site is slow why?

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Has anyone noticed SVTP:??: running slow. It always seems to say connecting to d1.openx.this is slow as ****. Whats the deal?

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i stepped in gum the other day. a passing crow was kind enough to eat the gum off my shoe. i then stepped on the crow and ate him. now i have diarrhea.

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't know about you guys, but when the site is slow for me, it ALWAYS helps to suck up more bandwidth with a thread asking why!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i stepped in gum the other day. a passing crow was kind enough to eat the gum off my shoe. i then stepped on the crow and ate him. now i have diarrhea.

:lol: Funny stuff there.

I haven't noticed any speed issues either at the office or at home. But it happens sometimes, especially during heavy traffic periods. You know what happens when the Interstate clogs up. ;-)

VtekII

Established Member
its been really slow for me too fellas... itll bring up the banner at the top of the page instantly, but then take about 30sec for the rest of the page to load. this is at all different times of the day too. i have a few other internet tabs open at the same time and theyre all running very quickly, its just this one for some reason.. o well.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
its been really slow for me too fellas... itll bring up the banner at the top of the page instantly, but then take about 30sec for the rest of the page to load. this is at all different times of the day too. i have a few other internet tabs open at the same time and theyre all running very quickly, its just this one for some reason.. o well.

Me too everything else loads very quick but this site.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
A few years back a skydiver jumped out of an airplane and his parachute got foulded in the lines. This slowed his fall to around 100mph. It also made him start a spin, with the fouled chute as the center.

He landed in a corn field, hitting the corn sideways and still in a spin, so he described a circle through the corn. This absorbed the energy of the impact and he waked away without a scratch.

Jim Snover

txyaloo

Established Member
Has anyone noticed SVTP:??: running slow. It always seems to say connecting to d1.openx.this is slow as ****. Whats the deal?

I've noticed the same thing. That's one of the ad servers. Even with an adblocker, the page still hangs while loading connecting to their service.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Same thing for me. Site has been slow for quite a while for me as well. Pages take forever to load...or just time out. This is the only site I'm experiencing any issues with.

Txyaloo, I'm noticing the same thing as well. I'm running FF with ad-block plus.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
A few years back a skydiver jumped out of an airplane and his parachute got foulded in the lines. This slowed his fall to around 100mph. It also made him start a spin, with the fouled chute as the center.

He landed in a corn field, hitting the corn sideways and still in a spin, so he described a circle through the corn. This absorbed the energy of the impact and he waked away without a scratch.

Jim Snover

Thank you Jim,., that sums it up :thumbsup: my thoughts exactly

Jack Burton

Established Member
I primarily run Firefox, but I gave Chrome a try for the hell of it to see if the issue was Firefox related. So far, both browsers are performing the same for this particular site.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
I've noticed the same thing. That's one of the ad servers. Even with an adblocker, the page still hangs while loading connecting to their service.

Thanks txyaloo I was thinking that was the cause but holy hell man I could click on a thread get up go grab a beer and at time it is still loading or connecting to d1.openx.org BS. Oh well also thanks Jim I was thinking about Energy Displacement earlier today while drinking some coffee.
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshold_displacement_energy]Threshold displacement energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread