• Do it

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • Don't do it

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jmy2469

Established Member
I moved to FL from NJ about 3 years ago. Best thing ever did, love it! Have no idea what took me so long to move here. I got laid off from Pfizer after working there 20 years, rest of my family was here, so I moved. I am in Palm Harbor.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Depending on where you are in KS, yes it can be boring.

You mean.... anywhere but Kansas City.... because west of that there is absolutely nothing for 700 miles to Denver. Except windmills.... There are a lot of windmills. :D

Last edited:

mossbergman

Established Member
I live in Wichita too. I don't mind it, and actually enjoy the vast openness. Most all of my friends are car and/or gun people so I'm rarely bored. Our nonexistent smog and inspection laws are a plus too

Gary Macomber

Established Member
I will add my 2 cents. I have lived in Miami since 09, last year in June I moved to Tampa and went back and forth between the 2. I am now back on Miami. Tampa has absolutely no night life, the city shuts down at 10pm. I don't go out partying but if I want to do something after work it is nice to know I can. Tampa is much cheaper and quieter better to raise my kids but there isn't much there but gas stations and restaraunts.

Miami is just to damn expensive and like someone else said way to many pretentious people. In Tampa I would get stopped to talk about my truck. On Miami the only ones that want to talk about it are the old guys driving the Ferraris. It is funny the other day I was driving and an older guy driving a 360 actually out his hazards and got in the middle lane so he could get beside me and talk, the people that don't have but want could care less about a lightning.

If you don't speak Spanish you can get away with it in Tampa even though a lot of the Miami transplants are moving out that way and it is becoming more and more bilingual required the way Miami already is.

Honestly if it were me I would look at Orlando there is so much to do but I don't know what the job situation is like there.

Just to give an idea of cost difference between Miami and Tampa I could rent a 4-5 bedroom house for what a 2 bedroom apartment in a shady neighborhood costs in Miami.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I live in Wichita too. I don't mind it, and actually enjoy the vast openness. Most all of my friends are car and/or gun people so I'm rarely bored. Our nonexistent smog and inspection laws are a plus too
Thanks for all the info everyone, I really appreciate it.
Wichita and Kansas have a certain " je ne sais quoi" that I still love and you can't experience it just driving through. I'm going to visit St. Pete again before I make a decision. But even if I moved I'd hold on to a bit of overtaxed dirt here since this is still home. If I moved I'd just be a Kansan living in Florida, but I'm a parrothead so I could easily fit in. I think of it like dual citizenship lol.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Thought about Florida but I'm much more interested in Arizona now.

Less to no humidity
no giant bugs
less snakes
no reptiles
etc....

Also you can live where your in a 2-3 drive to cali, vegas and mexico.

Users who are viewing this thread