• Don't do it

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Do it. Both coasts have their unique advantages.

IF it wasn't for the job now that I'm at, I would be over in Sarasota/Tampa.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Personally I don't see how anyone would actually want to live in Kansas.

I've driven through Kansas twice and I agree. Hard to believe that there is that much nothingness out there until you see it for yourself.

The one redeeming feature of the state was Jack Stack BBQ in Kansas City.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
Lived in Wichita for over 10 years before joining the Marines and would never go back. I lived in Hawaii, SoCal, and now Japan since and do miss the slow paced "open" lifestyle of Wichita sometimes. I've been trying to talk my brother into moving for years but my recommendations have always been west. I say do it.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
You have nothing holding you down in Kansas.

Go to Florida for a few years. If you don't like it try somewhere else.

You have no reason not to move until you find somewhere you love to live.

benStillerDoIt1.jpg

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I've driven through Kansas twice and I agree. Hard to believe that there is that much nothingness out there until you see it for yourself.

The one redeeming feature of the state was Jack Stack BBQ in Kansas City.

Depending on where you are in KS, yes it can be boring. Kansas City is a decent place because you can watch football, soccer, baseball or go to the Kansas Speedway if you're into that. And yes, BBQ is pretty damn good here and since you mentioned it, I will be going to Jack Stack BBQ for lunch :coolman:

I have family that live in Mexico Beach, FL and I really like it there. Not sure if I could move to FL as I enjoy it for vacations, but the wife has hinted about moving at some point in the future.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Moved down to Florida from NJ last May for a full-time gig with a big Pharma company in Tampa. No regrets. Can't beat cruising around in January with your windows down.

ThomasL

Established Member
Traffic is a bitch down here. Crime/crazy people are plentiful. Just have to pick the right area. Plenty of newer areas on the outskirts and north of Tampa are worth checking out. Can't beat the weather.

Jaysin

Established Member
I would go for it. Took a vacation to Tampa last summer and really enjoyed it there, beaches were great, people were nice, and it just felt nice. Went to a Rays game and was amazed how easy and simple it was to park and get in the stadium compared to going to a Braves game in Atl and dealing with the traffic and people trying to sell you drugs around every street corner lol.

BMR Tech

Crime/crazy people are plentiful.

Wat?!

You mean, cutting your mother into pieces with an axe, burning your toddlers, hanging your wife, and throwing your 5 yo daughter off the skyway bridge - is crazy? Completely normal dude... I mean, if all that goes down within 2 months time...I would say it's a social norm. lol

alex3610

Established Member
I've been through Kansas before. I pulled over and got out of the car to take in the sheer amount of flatness and nothingness that I had never seen before. I can't really see how you wouldn't be happier in Florida. I much prefer the west coast of FL to the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/WPB area. While it's all personal preference, that area is too crowded and expensive in my eyes. I think the pace of life is a little bit slower on the west coast and it's definitely more affordable. I think this is a no-brainer.

Jaysin

Established Member
I drove though Kansas once. I wouldn't even think twice about it. lol my bags would have been packed at 18 years old

I remember doing something similar when I went on a road trip from Ga to Oklahoma to visit my friend who was stationed in Lawton. Coming through Arkansas was terrible, I cant remember exactly where I was, but seemed I was on this stretch of road for 50+ miles without a soul in sight, I ended up stopping on the side of the road and got out and smoked a cigarette just taking it all in. It was crazy to me how vast and empty it was.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Wat?!

You mean, cutting your mother into pieces with an axe, burning your toddlers, hanging your wife, and throwing your 5 yo daughter off the skyway bridge - is crazy? Completely normal dude... I mean, if all that goes down within 2 months time...I would say it's a social norm. lol
We got our share.
BTK
Hell a few months ago a guy shot his three kids in the head and his ex wife then went on a run. A block from my house...

MFE

Established Member
GTFO out Kansas while there's still something to leave. However...there's something in the water around Tampa and Orlando that makes people ****ing batshit crazy. Tampa especially. Maybe you'll run into some Mustang forum parts-scamming dickheads, Tampa seems to be chock full of 'em.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Look else where, I have lived in Clearwater my whole life, I hate it here, hot, crowded, expensive, loaded with old people. Can't wait to get the hell out of here, unfortunately I'm locked in with my job

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Make sure ypu check out CLT, the hot chicks in FLA are mean and the guys are hound dogs so most girls are turned off by dudes coming up to them. Plus what others have said that live there. Trust me on checking out CLT, plus folks are so nice here. Beaches 2.5 hours, mustang week every year, mountains, CMS, the list goes on....send me your resume or I can send you my recruiter's number, could have interviews set up for next week, there is an IT shortage in CLT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread