Thinking about selling!

Nazman

Established Member
Well,

Thinking about selling the Cobra! Not sure if I want to part it, and just put a "stock like" motor in her and just sell the long block, etc... or sell the entire car as is....or just part the entire car....:shrug:

Coments!

Naz

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
What are you going to replace it with?

Beware... the Naz "leg humpers" are going to jump in here with both feet and beg you to keep it. :poke::poke: :lol::beer:

Nazman

Established Member
Not sure. May be a C6 Z06 or a 2010 GT500...but it would not be until next year. I have to get squared away with some many radical changes going on with my life.

Retirement, Divorce, possible relocation and new job, may be selling the house but not sure I want to due to the markets....etc.

Anyhow, not until next year for a replacement vehicle. Im 98% sure that Im going to sell her. Just need to figure out what will be the best aproach.

Naz

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Man I hate to hear this....but sometime you have to do what you have to do.

Keep me updated with the parts you may sell.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wow sucks to hear that. Hopefully everything goes out ok :beer: What is it with the divorces nowadays, I seem to hear more divorces/splits than weddings. :shrug:

Tremor

NO MERCY
Naz

You have alot on your plate, and Im sure this wasnt an easy decesion.

I would vote Z06 out of your options :beer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIPBP-9TUnQ&feature=related]YouTube - 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR[/ame] <-Click

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Beware... the Naz "leg humpers" are going to jump in here with both feet and beg you to keep it. :poke::poke: :lol::beer:

No we aren't. But we are going to beg him to part it out and sell to us! Remember, I have dibs on the new stuff. Actually, your new shortblock has too much comepression for me. If only you had kept it around 11:1.

In all seriousness, I can sorta see why you'd sell. The GT500 is a really impressive car. I just drove my father in laws 07. Throw some gears and a pulley on that car and hold on to your f&*king hat. As cool as the Z06 is, I'm not sure you'd be happy with it. It is so different from the Cobra. The GT500 is everything the Cobra is but better. Anyway, you will get more for it by parting it out I'm sure. But, you will still lose your rear doing it.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
No we aren't. But we are going to beg him to part it out and sell to us! Remember, I have dibs on the new stuff. Actually, your new shortblock has too much comepression for me. If only you had kept it around 11:1.

In all seriousness, I can sorta see why you'd sell. The GT500 is a really impressive car. I just drove my father in laws 07. Throw some gears and a pulley on that car and hold on to your f&*king hat. As cool as the Z06 is, I'm not sure you'd be happy with it. It is so different from the Cobra. The GT500 is everything the Cobra is but better. Anyway, you will get more for it by parting it out I'm sure. But, you will still lose your rear doing it.
Depending on what he wants it for. Daily driving, the Z06 is not fun (assuming they drive the same as the LS3). The Shelby feels too heavy though but the power is nice (nothing compare to a Z06 but still a big step to most cars). I actually prefer the Termi (a softer ride) as a DD over the Shelby (IMO, from driving both) but either car (Z06 or Shelby) will be great :beer: Hopefully you keep us updated on your next car :beer:

mustangman36578

Established Member
i dont blame you. you have done basically every type of motor combo with that car lol. time for something new. what will happen with nazty performance? will you still be making the PSR intakes? im trying to save up for one but need to rebuild the rear end first.

ItsACobraSon

Established Member
Sorry to hear about all that. I'm sure you could get some good $ for the long block, then sell the car with a stockish motor.

I would kill for a GT500, vet guys are tools anyway. That's my vote.

I thought about selling mine, I'll be graduating, shipping out, and getting married all within a year! But I would get anything close to what I paid for everything.

Good luck

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Naz if anyone deserves to get out of the new edge money pit its you, I'd still like to see you do a Whipple 3.4 on a 5.4 Liter, with a shot of nitrous but I definitely see your frustrations.

I'd say get the GT500 only because I a getting a C6 in the few months coming and in 2 years upgrade to a C6 Z06. We need different projects to work on LOL

Nazman

Established Member
Still working Nazty Performance. Not a problem there.

Ill probably try to sell the long block, and the car with a stock short block/HCI combo. I have heads, intakes and all the other BS to put it together.

Naz

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Really hate to hear this, but you have to do what's best for you. My vote for the future ride would definitely be the Z06! I'm still gonna get my PSR from you!

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Depending on what he wants it for. Daily driving, the Z06 is not fun (assuming they drive the same as the LS3). The Shelby feels too heavy though but the power is nice (nothing compare to a Z06 but still a big step to most cars). I actually prefer the Termi (a softer ride) as a DD over the Shelby (IMO, from driving both) but either car (Z06 or Shelby) will be great :beer: Hopefully you keep us updated on your next car :beer:

Hmm, I was just about to ask if you had driven one. I have never driven a Terminator, but I didn't think the GT500 felt heavy at all. :shrug: But, then again, almost nothing is stock in my suspension, so the GT500's ride felt really compliant to me.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Have you even enjoyed any of your combos? :lol1:

Seems like you build it, get a couple street videos and track times, then a new project. :shrug:

The 2010 GT500 is pretty nice though...

Users who are viewing this thread