Thinking about installing the stock coil springs back in.

stangfreak

Established Member
Yea I think I'm going to go back to stock springs and cut them. Your car sits perfect. How much did you cut again?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Wow, didn't follow my own damn thread and now look at lol. Seriously 1/2 a coil looks good if not 1/4 for me do to the l/t's. 03cobra#694, you still of for lending a hand?

Jefe

Established Member
OP - do a half a coil and see how you like it

Having been the advocate for cut springs for years and now running aftermarket springs for over a year, I dont see why I would ever go back to cut springs. Maybe If I only wanted to drop the car 3/4" and not have anything else change. I just found myself wanting a lower stance but not having the car dip so much. The stock springs are so soft.

I never liked the feel of stiffer springs but it appears I just never found the right combo. I am now running Steeda Sport springs with Koni SA struts up front and Kenny Brown Cobra springs with Bilstein B8 shocks in the back. I now have very little body roll and the car turns on a dime. Our roads are awful here but I can get around no problem. I do have to find a way around massive speed bumps but those are becoming rare. I need to bring the right rear up a tad as it rubs the 335s when I have a passenger. Luckily all that involves is rotating the spring a bit

20140515_125422_zps2dc6eca5.jpg

how do you guys with lowered cars keep your front bumpers from hitting curbs, if you daily drive them?
Very carefully, I pick what driveways and routes before I even get there haha. I usually back into spots or stay back from parking blocks. Chin spoiler is thrashed but Ive never hit the bumper on anything.

Last edited:

03Predator

Established Member
Shurur, I was just about to say that. You beat me to it. Since swapping the Sports for Race, my car sits about the same as the 00 Cobra R.

+1

Rear MM isos rob the lowering spings ~1" (raise it 1")
and MM fronts only maybe 1/4" if that.
But the front to rear rake helps you clear speed bumps and such because it raises the center of the car too.

BTW: H&R race springs are essentially 2000R springs.
and the 2000r stance is essentially H&R race springs with stock isos.

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
Simple,the parking spot is deaper than the car is long.Stop pulling up to the curb!

how do you guys with lowered cars keep your front bumpers from hitting curbs, if you daily drive them?

i daily drive both of mine with stock suspensions, and a lot of times i will see that the lip of the front bumper is just a c-hair higher than the curb when i am parked.

(for me i can see dropping down the back down just a little bit, but not the front)

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
LOL Can't even get it on the lift with out scrapping

Think these kooks are ridiculously lower then other l/t's This is really the real reason i want my car higher unless I change the headers.

Attachments

• Kooks Exhaust 3.JPG
    Kooks Exhaust 3.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Pic measurements

Lower then i thought it was in the front, thinking another 1" to match the rear. Looks like Steeda's are out of questions since they seem to low in the front. Looks like cutting stocker are going to be my best bet.

Looks like its off a little on each side with in a 3/8" tolerance between front left to front right and same with the rear. Tires all at 33 psi.

Edit... no idea why svtperformance imagines do not like iphone photos and turns them sideways.

Here is the front left (25 3/4)
Front left .JPG

Front Right (25 7/8)
front right .JPG

Rear Left (26 1/2)
Left rear 26 1:2 .JPG

Rear Right (26 7/16)
Right rear 26 1:2.JPG

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Simple,the parking spot is deaper than the car is long.Stop pulling up to the curb!

Nice! I never could figure out why morons have to bounce their car off the parking block and/or not stop when they hear the audible smashing of the undercarriage.

ford designed it so that you don't have to worry about that crap!

its not practical for a daily driver. (trailer/show car queens maybe, but not a true dd)

Jefe

Established Member
If you're basing the height of the Steedas on my pic, keep in mind, I left the X2 ball joint spacer out which lowered it another 1/2"

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Decided to ask MM for some help in what they suggest is the "ideal" ride height for our 03/04 cobra's with street driving in mind. Will post back what they say on the subject. I guess I could care less if its not slammed when i'm behind the wheel, when i was younger I was more worried about how it looks then how it drives. I really want the geometry to be correct, not sure if some of you have ever looked under the car at the angles of the control arms when they are slammed. Its just not right unless other work is done I believe. IMO you lose over all ride quality when they are lowered to much.

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Brad, you need to take a ride over and look at mine one day to see how it looks to you.

Bro you change your avatar more then anybody i know ;-)

Sure just let me know the day I'm there!

Oh by the way figure out my driveability issue, it was the front 02's she drives much better now ready to play :)

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Its official after confirming with Maximum MotorSports i'm going back to the stock springs. These guys are straight shooters very honest, its nice to talk with people that would rather explain things they know instead of just sell you stuff you don't need or would want. In brief I learned a few things and I'm glad i called them. Hopefully when time allows we'll jack her back up son and i'll post pics of the ride height (still might cut a 1/4") hopefully it doesn't look to bad like 4x4 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread