The wind and solar power myth has finally been exposed.

C2tuck

Established Member
I love having this kind of conversation with the "green energy is the future" types.

The general public has no clue.

We assist in doing maintenance work on these things constantly. I have a 700t crane that had literally billed every day for the last 2.5 years except for 11 days. Cranes don’t like wind, and being on a wind farm, we get a lot of wind out days where we get paid just for being there. We’ve had jobs last months changing out a hub bearing or yaw bearing. These jobs should take 3 days. They spend millions of dollars on repairs, none of which are anything near green. Just my crane takes 18 semi loads to get in and 18 to get out. That’s not counting all of their trucks and parts trucks. It’s a shitshow.

The wind side is so good, we’re buying another $4mm crane this year that is the big sister of the one we’ve got. This one has a Derrick and tray and will be a legit 1000t crane.

64ed842f193948ffa0eb586ebe542d95.jpeg

d66c1c814436b171c4a67a72231f6e1f.jpeg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Curious, how did that Italian company acquire the land to build in the first place???
In a round about way it is Federal land but is under the stewardship of the nation that it is assigned to. So there is always loopholes in such things and I wouldn't run it past these scumbags that are in the executive branch in doing and end around to get this done.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
In a round about way it is Federal land but is under the stewardship of the nation that it is assigned to. So there is always loopholes in such things and I wouldn't run it past these scumbags that are in the executive branch in doing and end around to get this done.

I am not familiar with the case but it appears to center on mineral rights. In this instance the wind is considered a "mineral" that Enel was "mining." It may have to do with the Osage granting air rights but not mineral rights. It sounds really interesting.

The laws around air rights and mineral rights are fascinating and unique to the US. Canadian faggots relinquish mineral rights to the crown, which is one of the reasons their oil and gas industry is a disaster despite having incredible resources.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Yes nuclear, nuclear, nuclear. I’m actually currently rebuilding a nuclear generator at work!

It’s not entirely Californias fault, at least for the Onofre’s generators. Huge design flaw that was astronomically expensive to fix. They were basically better off building an entire new plant than attempting to rebuild.

I work in engineering for a large company that builds generators, jet engines, combined cycle power plants etc. and it astounds me that they have just sunk a not so insignificant amount of money into wind production.

Stanger00

Established Member
Yes nuclear, nuclear, nuclear. I’m actually currently rebuilding a nuclear generator at work!

It’s not entirely Californias fault, at least for the Onofre’s generators. Huge design flaw that was astronomically expensive to fix. They were basically better off building an entire new plant than attempting to rebuild.

I work in engineering for a large company that builds generators, jet engines, combined cycle power plants etc. and it astounds me that they have just sunk a not so insignificant amount of money into wind production.

That’s true. Onofre is probably all dismantled by now.

Diablo Canyon just got a temp extension for unit 1 and 2 while a decision to renew for 20 years is approved.

I have a buddy who works for Tennessee Valley Authority and he tells me he is working with DCP to bring them up to their standards of work.

Sounds like nuclear in the United States is a small community.

I work in hydro so I hope there will be some initiative to create and build small scale powerhouses along the territories owned by public and private utilities.

blk02edge

Established Member
I am not familiar with the case but it appears to center on mineral rights. In this instance the wind is considered a "mineral" that Enel was "mining." It may have to do with the Osage granting air rights but not mineral rights. It sounds really interesting.

The laws around air rights and mineral rights are fascinating and unique to the US. Canadian faggots relinquish mineral rights to the crown, which is one of the reasons their oil and gas industry is a disaster despite having incredible resources.
Mostly wrong. The Crown has zero to do with why Canada has issues with mining. It's all to do with the ****** liberal's red tape.

Not unlike Biden's cancelation of the pipeline

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Mostly wrong. The Crown has zero to do with why Canada has issues with mining. It's all to do with the ****** liberal's red tape.

Not unlike Biden's cancelation of the pipeline

The crown owns mineral rights in Canada.

I know less about mining but oil and gas is a mess in Canada because of the reserving required by the crown for environmental liability.

Pipes have nothing to do with it.

US O&G is nothing like Canada. For instance we do not netback to the crown just as we do not have some British **** on our money.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
The crown owns mineral rights in Canada.

I know less about mining but oil and gas is a mess in Canada because of the reserving required by the crown for environmental liability.

Pipes have nothing to do with it.

US O&G is nothing like Canada. For instance we do not netback to the crown just as we do not have some British **** on our money.
Technically yes, but in reality they have nothing to do with it. Vast majority of mineral rights are already privately owned here. The issue is permitting to actually move forward although more happens than one would think.

Oil and gas has been made a mess by our own Liberal government.

That and another huge issue is Canada does not have the manpower or enough willing bodies to work in the awful conditions that exist where oil/gas/mining exist.

I did a few years out there and it was almost as awful as Minnesota :D

Last edited:

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
On your house? After the hurricanes these guys come around in full force walking the street going door to door trying to sell it. I just tell them GTFO here, I'm busy. My electric bill is stupid low I think. I would never recoup the cost at my age.
this is the only conceivable aspect of green energy i can understand. In my area, they have three electric companies, and depending where you live, you get service from one of them. company #1 is government owned and has the smallest footprint around the oldest parts of downtown and surrounding neighborhoods. company #2 is a co-op and has a more rural presence that is the cheapest. company #3 is a for-profit business, has the largest territory, and the most expensive by far. I'm going to be building a new shop in company #3 area and ive considered solar to offset daily costs (business open 8-5). a friend of mine has solar at his business and so far it's made sense for him.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
this is the only conceivable aspect of green energy i can understand. In my area, they have three electric companies, and depending where you live, you get service from one of them. company #1 is government owned and has the smallest footprint around the oldest parts of downtown and surrounding neighborhoods. company #2 is a co-op and has a more rural presence that is the cheapest. company #3 is a for-profit business, has the largest territory, and the most expensive by far. I'm going to be building a new shop in company #3 area and ive considered solar to offset daily costs (business open 8-5). a friend of mine has solar at his business and so far it's made sense for him.
You would think here, it's the way to go. You don't see a ton of it.

Users who are viewing this thread