The wind and solar power myth has finally been exposed.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
You would think here, it's the way to go. You don't see a ton of it.
If I were a home owner in a hurricane zone the last thing I would want is something extra attached to my roof the wind can leverage and tear my house apart with. Also how confident would you feel about the panel attachments never leaking??? Maybe if I had enough property for a satellite panel system down there I would consider it, otherwise no.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If I were a home owner in a hurricane zone the last thing I would want is something extra attached to my roof the wind can leverage and tear my house apart with. Also how confident would you feel about the panel attachments never leaking??? Maybe if I had enough property for a satellite panel system down there I would consider it, otherwise no.
Huge factor as well that I didn't mention. We had solar pool heat at one time. When it was time to put the first new roof on 22 years ago, those suckers were gone.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
On your house? After the hurricanes these guys come around in full force walking the street going door to door trying to sell it. I just tell them GTFO here, I'm busy. My electric bill is stupid low I think. I would never recoup the cost at my age.
Yea we have them on the roof of my wife’s horse barn. My FIL is going to be 90 by the time he sees a ROI

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My uncle is 65. He recently got panels installed on his roof. Mostly, I don't really care. However, he made a comment that caused me to laugh at him: "I did my part" he said referring to being green. This is nonsense and he's just gullible enough to believe he's on some sort of environmental high ground. This is the same guy who has 2 ICE SUVs, a 6.6L '78 T/A, and a diesel 2500HD in the garage. The truth is that he got the panels 100% to take a bite out of his energy bill. If it weren't for the fact that the materials and processes involved in creating the panels are inherently filthy, it'd merely be a happy coincidence that he were inadvertently reducing CO2 emissions. Not to mention by the time the cost of the panels (~$13k) pay for themselves in energy bill savings, he'll either be dead or so senile in assisted living that he won't even remember any of this. He's even got some app on his phone that shows in real-time how much juice the panels are generating and how much his household is drawing. It's got pretty colors and flashing lights so maybe that makes it all worthwhile.

blk02edge

Established Member
Finally got our first snowfall here in Canadaland... the solar panels on my place dropped 90% output. Haha.

Oh well

Vforce700

Established Member
I bet the oil field workers there are loving that.
On the rigs, we make our own. Here's a heartwarming pic from hitch I just finished in North Dakota...808 (in background) was on her own, then 286 moved in to keep her company, and now 806 is on a pad where I took the photo. 3 within walking distance of each other. Running Cat 3512 engines powering generators and just sucking that diesel fuel up daily...
20240109_132342.jpg

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
On the rigs, we make our own. Here's a heartwarming pic from hitch I just finished in North Dakota...808 (in background) was on her own, then 286 moved in to keep her company, and now 806 is on a pad where I took the photo. 3 within walking distance of each other. Running Cat 3512 engines powering generators and just sucking that diesel fuel up daily... View attachment 1824941
Drill baby drill! Looks cold af too.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Colder than a tranny's tits up there. Lot of different heaters running. If all 3 mud pumps are running, then in there with the muds is the place to hang out-nice and toasty.
Whose rigs are those? I worked for H&P 35+ years. Just retired a couple years ago.
Non oilfield people don’t quite understand what it takes to get gas/oil from the ground to the pump.

Vforce700

Established Member
Patterson UTI. H&P Flex rigs up there, too. Lots of Nabors. I'm a field tech. I work both Patterson and Nabors.

People buying into the green energy/climate change scam don't apparently have any idea how many products surrounding them in their daily lives are derived from hydrocarbons. They just hear about fuel/energy. Never hear any of the scam sponsors talking about how they are going to replace all of those derivatives and products.

Well deserved retirement. Enjoy. (Looking forward to when I can play with the toys whenever I want.)

Users who are viewing this thread