The truth about cut springs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vettekiller

One Bad A$$ Rider
Established Member
I live in Sacramento, Ca

Is there anybody near me (within driving distance) who could help me out with cutting my springs? I think i want to do the 3/4 all the way around.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
i just cut my springs, and i cant seem to get this answer yet. it didnt lower my car the way i wanted( granted im not driving it right now) but i cut the tops of the springs. is this bad?

If you are taking about this end.
modsNstuff27.jpg

That would be the correct end. BTW. these are rears and I believe the end shown is the bottom.

The ends that have the flattened and overlapped ends would be the wrong end to cut.

As pictured here you can see the flattened wire at one end only. That is where YOU DON'T CUT!
1.jpg

dezracer

I researched the shit out of this subject and decided to do what I think is right. H&R race springs with MM isos. I know it wont drop much ,but thats what I wanted. About an inch.

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I researched the shit out of this subject and decided to do what I think is right. H&R race springs with MM isos. I know it wont drop much ,but thats what I wanted. About an inch.

That's what I want too, probably with stock ISO's though. The H&R site gives the following specs:

H&R OE Sport Springs: lowers .25-.75
H&R Sport Springs: lowers 1.5 - 2.0
H&R Race Springs: lowers 1.75-2.0

Funny how the race springs seem to ride higher than all other "lowering" springs.

Post us some before and after pics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread