The stall has returned.

RJCobra

Established Member
It's been about 6 years since my car last had the stalling issue. Coming to a stop, clutch depressed, it dies, but unpredictably so. I notice sometimes the RPMS drop low then come back to normal. I had all the reflashing/tune stuff done back in 03/04.
Can bad spark plugs cause a similar problem?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I suppose bad plugs could. The gap widens out with age on non-Platinum, non-Iridiums.

The very first thing I would try though, would be clean the MAF. If you recently cleaned and re-oiled your filter, it's almost a guarantee. I would still try it anyway.

A bad IAC(idle air control) could be doing it also. Did you replace a battery or alternator recently? They get dirty and the PCM learns to compensate. When the PCM looses power all learned strategies are lost and an old IAC can cause stalling.

I LOVE the "wife and 4 kids" in the sig!!!

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Clean your maf, make sure your intake is all still clamped tightly and no air is leaking in. Make sure the Airfilter is nice and tight also.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll try cleaning the MAF. I think the NGK TR6's are due to be changed anyway also.
That's what I would do. Be sure to check your intake/filter when cleaning the MAF just to be sure nothing loosened up.

Users who are viewing this thread