The Results: Final Track Pass Of The Season

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Congrats man! Nice work on getting that 9 second pass. That mph shows some potential. I would bet with a 1.35 or better short time it will go 9.50s. I would hate to put a cage in my car also. Can you get a 8.5 certified cage with a removable bar to get in and out or for street use?

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Thanks

I'm a fan of your videos, so I really appreciate it Sylvian. I look forward to seeing the results of the new Cobra Jet clone you have in the works. With that weight savings, should be posting up some great numbers!!

Awesome. Congrats!!!!
keep up the good work !!!

Thanks man! I knew after seeing how well your car was performing with that NOS that I needed to raise my game a hair. I am very jealous of your outstanding 60 foot times. Your consistency is also very impressive!

I was on dragtimes.com today, and I was looking at their Density Altitude Calculator. According to their site, at the time that I ran the Density Altitude was 2142 feet above sea level. Correcting my ET and MPH using the DA would net me a 9.69 @ 145.626 MPH for an extensively modified supercharged car. Cheating I know :)

As far as the cage is concerned, if that should come to pass, I will definitely be looking to have the removable bars that you are speaking of. I actually spoke to Bob in Tech from the drag strip today, and he is going to provide me with a phone number of someone he would recommend to do the work. I am awaiting what the guy will have to say about the potential options for the cage.

Congrats man! Nice work on getting that 9 second pass. That mph shows some potential. I would bet with a 1.35 or better short time it will go 9.50s. I would hate to put a cage in my car also. Can you get a 8.5 certified cage with a removable bar to get in and out or for street use?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
As I understand it, for a 8.5 cert, no bars can be removable.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Great times. If you dont get a cage over the winter you could still run at Byron.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
8.50 cert & byron

Thanks for verifying that Matt. At least that is a step in the right direction. The ability to remove the door bars would allow some maneuverability.

You can get an 8.50 cert with removable door bars.

No worries. I appreciate your willingness to help and offer advice.

Hmm, ok, I recalled not. Thx for the correction

Thanks! Never been to the Byron track, but it is worth checking out. The great thing about my track is that I like the people and atmosphere. Not to mention that it is 18 miles away from me, which makes the drive manageable.

Great times. If you dont get a cage over the winter you could still run at Byron.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
confirmed Matt is 100% correct. After 8.50 then the door bars can no longer be removable it seems (I didnt review the entire book)

Swing-out side bar permitted on OEM full-bodied car 8.50 e.t. and
slower. The following requirements (a through d) apply:
a. 1 5/8-inch O.D. x .083-inch CM or .118-inch MS minimum.
Bolts/pins must be 3/8-inch-diameter steel, minimum and in
double shear at both ends.
b. Male or female clevis(es) permitted. Male clevis must use two
minimum 1/8-inch-thick brackets (CM or MS) welded to each rollcage
upright; female must use minimum 1/4-inch-thick bracket
(CM or MS) welded to each roll-cage upright. Pins must be within
8 inches of the vertical portion of both the forward and main
hoops. A half-cup backing device must be welded to the vertical
portion of the main hoop (inward side) or the upper end of the
swing-out bar (outward side), minimum .118-inch wall (CM or
MS) extending at least 1 5/8 inches past the center of the pins. A
clevis assembly using a minimum .350-inch-thick male
component and two minimum .175-inch-thick female components
may use a 1/2-inch-diameter Grade 5 bolt and does not require a
half-cup backing device.
c. Sliding sleeves of 1 3/8-inch x .083 CM or .118 MS, with
minimum 2-inch engagement, are permitted in lieu of the upper
pin/cup.
d. All bolt/pin holes in the swing-out bar must have at least one-hole
diameter of material around the outside of the hole.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Cool - thanks for posting the guidelines.

I perceive once a cage is put in the car, virtually all possibilities of returning the car to stock are eliminated. I may already be at that point with the automatic anyways, but it is always nice to have options.

On the flip-side, if I do put a cage in the car, then I would be in a good position to pass tech at some of the major events. Perhaps I could compete for KOTS, with some further improvements to the car of course.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
race weight with driver

Thanks to Bruce at full tilt boogie racing, I was able to get my car on the scale today! It turns out that the estimated weight of my car was off quite a bit. With driver, my car weighed in at 3,924 pounds at the race weight that i was at on this run.

With the help of Bruce at Full tilt boogie,was able to shed more weight off the car today. I will create a new thread about the new race weight for the next time i go out to the track.
Precise race weight is unknown at the moment, but I am hoping to have the car weighed in the near future. Estimated race weight with driver is somewhere between 4,150 and 4,300 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread