The Results: Final Track Pass Of The Season

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Great job Alex! You have made great progess this fall with your setup. And that MPH reeks of big power production. Always feels good as the kinks get worked out week by week.

Can you post up a list of your setup? I searched a bit and couldn't find much. Success stories like this always help teach others!

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Hey van I know he has been talking to you since he has tapped up his entire car lol...

Hope you didn't tell him to tape himself to the seat!!!!:poke:

I kid I kid.... Good job though, I'm still fighting the the dark about going to an auto :smmon:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Thanks Michael - appreciate it! Was an excellent way to finish out the season :)

well done!

Thanks Tony! Look forward to what you and CPRsm have in store on your car too. Was glad that the score board finally lit up and showed my time. I had told the guy in Tech beforehand what I was expecting to run :)

That's awesome. Congrats!!!!

That is quite a compliment - thank you! Look forward to hear more about the upcoming TT build with Tony's car!

To be perfectly honest yours is more impressive for the stock engine. Congrats man, that thing is getting it DONE

Thanks Andy/Shift King!! There is more room left to tweak and improve the suspension, so hoping to be able to get in the 1.3's one day. I was pretty close to high 1.4's on this run, which is a step in the right direction

Bravo!! You get the 60' in the 1.3's and you'll be nocking on the fastest record!

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Race weight

Precise race weight is unknown at the moment, but I am hoping to have the car weighed in the near future. Estimated race weight with driver is somewhere between 4,150 and 4,300 pounds.

Very nice. What was the race weight?

I'm guessing that the seat removal and the light weight wheels was offset by the automatic, the 3.6KB, the Cervini hood and the 9". So about 3900 w/o driver.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Never felt safer in the car than today

I will need a cage if I am to run again at Great Lakes. I am debating about putting in the cage and putting holes in my dash. If a cage is going to find its way into my car, it is going to need to be as light as possible. That means chromolly.

btw you need a cage you are gonna die if you crash!

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Once again Van, I really appreciate the advice on the suspension. As you can see, I continue to utilize your suggestion about tape on the hood. From reading your posts about Your Super Snake mile runs, I also have taken it to the next level and taped up the turn signals and fog lamps.

Nicely done Alex!!! Nicely done.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Call RPM for a cage.... Great quality and no holes in the dash, only holes are in the rear seat arm rest. The have chrome molly versions.

Talk to Tim, he is a great guy to do business with.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Alex - the car currently has a 5 or 6 point in it?

Call RPM for a cage.... Great quality and no holes in the dash, only holes are in the rear seat arm rest. The have chrome molly versions.

that's a bar, good to 10.00, he needs more

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Gracias

Thanks man - I'm sure you will be in the 9's too real soon. You are definitely knocking on the door!

lol - thanks Dave! Thanks for the discussions/advice as I continue to dial in my car :rockon:

Congrats Alex way to get kicked out!

I see you have mastered the burnout!!

Thanks Brian! Felt good to get this final run in before the weather turns for the worse here in Wisconsin.

nice work!

Van@RevanRacing

Once again Van, I really appreciate the advice on the suspension. As you can see, I continue to utilize your suggestion about tape on the hood. From reading your posts about Your Super Snake mile runs, I also have taken it to the next level and taped up the turn signals and fog lamps.

In the spring let's get you a roll of Helitape. It costs more but it has no clean up like duct tape and it's clear so you can literally put it on and drive to the track and drive home and your lights still work.

Well done and congrats again Alex!

Van

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Precise hp/tq numbers with race tune is currently unknown JD. I did receive your PM and I will see what I can to do about tracking down the dynojet results before and after the conversion with the 93 octane street tune.

With the race tune, flywheel HP is estimated to be at 900+ to the flywheel

what kind of hp/tq do you make going thru the auto?

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
60 foot

Thanks Matt! I keep working down the 60 foot, but the progress has been slow because I haven't modified the settings on the QA1's since I put them on. I at least am headed in the right direction. On the few runs I have done I went from a 1.55, to a 1.515, to a 1.508. Next year, I hope to be in the mid to high 1.3's, but I suspect that it will require some experimentation with the shocks and some front suspension work as well :thumbsup:

Nice work, especially for a lazy 60 ft.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Mods

Thanks again Dwight. I did respond previously about my mods in my previous thread per your request:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-10-29-ran-9-second-pass-drove-back-home.html

The only difference from this pass and my 9 second pass from a few weeks ago is a smaller upper pulley. Engine and brakes are OEM/stock, as is the front suspension. Brake pads have been upgraded to Hawk pads.

Some of the more major mods added weight, and other mods headed in the right direction and reduced some weight. My car is still fairly heavy...

Here are a list of the current modifications to my car:

Kenne Bell 3.6L Supercharger w/ 3" pulley & Jon Lund tune;
Kenne Bell 75 mm Throttle Body;
Kenne Bell Dual Boost-A-Pump;
C&R/Revan Heat Exchanger;
80 lb. injectors and NGK spark plugs;
Thump Racing Belt Tensioner;
2008 GT500 Damper;
FB Performance 3-Speed Automatic Transmission w/ Trans-brake and street-able stall;
Hurst Manual Valve Body shifter;
Bassani 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 Stepped Headers;
Bassani X-Pipe, Bassani 3" Exhaust straight back w/ Bassani race mufflers;
Light-weight Aluminum Driveshaft;
Strange 9" Housing w/ 35 spline axles;
Moser Nodular Center Section w/ 3.75 gears and a Wavetrac differential;
M&H Bias Ply Runners, with 17" Bogart Racing Wheels (front)
Hoosier 28 x 10.5 x 15 Stiff Sidewall Drag Slicks, with 15" Bogarts (rear);
BMR Upper Control Arm;
BMR Lower Control Arms;
BMR Lower Control Arm relocation brackets;
QA1 Double Adjustable Shocks;
QA1 Springs (rear only);
Cervini Type IV Ram Air Hood (necessity to clear supercharger);
1/2" Lowering Motor Mounts (also needed for hood clearance of supercharger);
SLP Line Lock.

List of modifications that added considerable weight to the car:

Kenne Bell supercharger;
Cervini Hood (noticeably heavier than the 52 pound stock hood);
FB Automatic Transmission;
9" Strange Rear End and Moser Center.

Weight savings:

2008 GT500 Harmonic Balancer (~ 10 lbs.);
17" Bogart racing wheels in front;
15" Bogart racing wheels in rear;
Aluminum Driveshaft (~20 lbs.);
M&H tires in front (? lbs., but lighter than radial skinnies);
Hoosier slicks in rear (? lbs);
Front passenger seat removal (~ 45 lbs.);
Rear seat removal (~ 7 lbs.);
Front sway bar removal (~ 10 lbs).

Great job Alex! You have made great progess this fall with your setup. And that MPH reeks of big power production. Always feels good as the kinks get worked out week by week.

Can you post up a list of your setup? I searched a bit and couldn't find much. Success stories like this always help teach others!

Users who are viewing this thread