The Random Weather Thread

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
All ice here so far. Not even trying to go anywhere today. Supposed to get about 8" of snow once it changes over in a few hours. Been freezing rain since about 2am too. Not a good thing.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Won't let me edit in Tapatalk, which is where I have to go to add pics. Looks like about 1/4-1/2" of ice so far with only ice falling right now. Ground was clean after the rain too. Supposed to get 5-8" of snow starting in an hour or so.
20220203_145952.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
high for the month of january for the whole month 28 degrees most of the time much colder
Isn't it sad how quickly you get used to it, though? Then one day it's 32 outside and you comment about how it's such a nice day. lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Won't let me edit in Tapatalk, which is where I have to go to add pics. Looks like about 1/4-1/2" of ice so far with only ice falling right now. Ground was clean after the rain too. Supposed to get 5-8" of snow starting in an hour or so. View attachment 1736586

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Snow over ice isn't fun at all. Hope you folks are safe. We're getting a big dip in temperature so the water on the ground/sidewalks is soon going to freeze.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope you're faring better today. We were supposed to get a fair amount of icing last night but at least around here, it was not to be thankfully. Sun's out and the very thin layers of icing thawed pretty quickly. Now they're forecasting possible snow on Tuesday but that doesn't look threatening. Then nothing of worry at least until the middle of the month. But, we ARE in New England so surprise weather can happen quickly.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Hope you're faring better today. We were supposed to get a fair amount of icing last night but at least around here, it was not to be thankfully. Sun's out and the very thin layers of icing thawed pretty quickly. Now they're forecasting possible snow on Tuesday but that doesn't look threatening. Then nothing of worry at least until the middle of the month. But, we ARE in New England so surprise weather can happen quickly.
People are starting to come out. Traffic is like it was when they first shut things down for covid. Really light and nice. Roads are mostly clear.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Must be a bit surreal, David, as it takes you back to what it felt like in the early days of Covid.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
@13COBRA Looks like snow brush time again! Looks like it starts early on the 17th for you. Might be enough to find out which neighbors have a snowmobile squirreled away in the garage.

1644876011180.png

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We were supposed to just get a coating to an inch of snow Sunday morning.
6 - 7 inches later,...............LOL

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This winter, every big storm has gone North or South. Just enough snow for the sledders to ride.
Yup.

I think this is one of the snowiest winters so far. Two big storms and then this past one.
It's been light and fluffy snow though. Thank God.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
We were supposed to just get a coating to an inch of snow Sunday morning.
6 - 7 inches later,...............LOL

Yeah, they really missed that one.
I think weathermen actually do a pretty good job forecasting storms but I guess you're only as good as what your instruments tell you.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, they really missed that one.
I think weathermen actually do a pretty good job forecasting storms but I guess you're only as good as what your instruments tell you.
I agree on both accounts.
I was waiting and waiting for the snow to end on Sunday. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread