The Random Boating Pics/Vids Thread

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Almost bought a 35 Contender with twin 350's last year, used of course, but couldn't justify the use it would get. Problem is, my opinion of a boat and my wives is way different. Not yet, need to work a few more years.
Come on up to the north pole brotha. We can spend a day or two on a little 26 footer. I guarantee you'll see plenty of proof that there is a God.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Almost bought a 35 Contender with twin 350's last year, used of course, but couldn't justify the use it would get. Problem is, my opinion of a boat and my wives is way different. Not yet, need to work a few more years.

What do you think of this engine:

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/business/outboards/products/enduro/55-40/#e40x

Tonga

While I agree it's nice, I want to run out in the gulf about a hundred miles, fish, and come back home and eat what we caught.

If I buy that thing it will be home.

Coiled03

Established Member
Every other picture in the random picture thread is military aircraft. Need a spin-off thread for that!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What do you think of this engine:

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/business/outboards/products/enduro/55-40/#e40x

Tonga

If I buy that thing it will be home.
Anything Yamaha as far as outboards Travis. That's really all you see on boats here. One of my best friends just repowered his like 22' old ass Whaler with a Suzuki. While he likes it, it's not a Yamaha he said. I haven't been on the boat since he did it. A 4 stroke vs. 2 will always feel different.
Something like that yeah. My aunt and uncle lived on a 45' Erickson twin mast for years and have been everywhere in the world by boat. They loved it, but now live on land as they are are much older now and have since sold that boat years ago. I actually lived on it for a summer here locally docked at Fisherman's Village here in Punta Gorda. I do believe we talked about that years ago because of some author you liked.

_Snake_

Established Member

You’re not too far from me, friend. :)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Anything Yamaha as far as outboards Travis. That's really all you see on boats here. One of my best friends just repowered his like 22' old ass Whaler with a Suzuki. While he likes it, it's not a Yamaha he said. I haven't been on the boat since he did it. A 4 stroke vs. 2 will always feel different.
Something like that yeah. My aunt and uncle lived on a 45' Erickson twin mast for years and have been everywhere in the world by boat. They loved it, but now live on land as they are are much older now and have since sold that boat years ago. I actually lived on it for a summer here locally docked at Fisherman's Village here in Punta Gorda. I do believe we talked about that years ago because of some author you liked.

That particular Yamy isn't sold in the US. Want to make a trip to the Bahamas to pick one up? It's as about a simple outboard as you can buy. 2-stroke, carb, pre-mix fuel only. Parts are also insanely cheap.

_Snake_

Established Member
Distance, or wife?

Distance. My wife and I both fell in love with the Regulator CC with forward seating. But the boat show price for a 25’ was $180k. Second choice was a 27’ SeaHunt Gamefish coffin box. But the BEST choice is a friend with a boat. Lol

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That particular Yamy isn't sold in the US. Want to make a trip to the Bahamas to pick one up? It's as about a simple outboard as you can buy. 2-stroke, carb, pre-mix fuel only. Parts are also insanely cheap.
Emissions I presume?
Distance. My wife and I both fell in love with the Regulator CC with forward seating. But the boat show price for a 25’ was $180k. Second choice was a 27’ SeaHunt Gamefish coffin box. But the BEST choice is a friend with a boat. Lol
The one we wanted/looked at was only (lol) $135K used. 2011 35' Contender, NEW twin 350 Yamahas,(that's at least $55K) full electronics, trailer and such.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Emissions I presume?

The one we wanted/looked at was only (lol) $135K used. 2011 35' Contender, NEW twin 350 Yamahas,(that's at least $55K) full electronics, trailer and such.

Yep, it's also far less expensive and lighter weight than an equivalent 4-stroke.

johnkn

Established Member
My Striper fishing boat, 2017 Parker 2820 Open Back, 2nd station, T-300 Yamahas. Crappy cellphone pics from her first splash last March. Hardcore easy to clean fishing vessel, tons of deck space, plenty of speed and reasonable fuel economy

LHjTyK.jpg

glx79H.jpg

iiO0cU.jpg

Aa1xHd.jpg

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
Emissions I presume?

That sounds like a fair price. A 35’ is a huge boat! Definitely capable of running out to the middle grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread