The Official Centrifugal Pulley/Boost Combo Thread!!!

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
1. 2001 cobra 4v
2. Novi 2000
3. .020 over teksid, stock stroke, 9.3:1 compression
4. stock 01' C heads no port
5. stock 01' cams
6. stock 01' intake manifold ported short runner
7. CX Racing 12x24x3 a/a intercooler
8. Mac LT's, Mac off-road X, Borla XS cb
9. Stock crank pulley, RR 3.2" blower pulley, cant remember the length belt
10. 16 psi @ 7200 rpm on a 6 rib set up with NO BELT SLIP
11. air filter mounted directly to the blower
12. 640hp and 508ft/lbs
13. sunoco 110 race gas and 21 degrees of timing

Josh2J

Supercharged Saleen
Established Member
How do you like the meth injection? Did you have to get it tuned immediately after it was installed, or did it add power out of the box? What kind do you have? If you have the snow performance kit with the digital controller, what does it do?

I'm about at the limit with my fuel system, MAF, 6-rib belt routing, and short block to be able to safely make any more power than I already am. I can't make any more serious increases in power without spending big bucks on supporting mods, which would require me to take it to an entirely different level.

Meth Injection the one mod I've seen that increases power on boosted motors while at the same time reducing the likelihood of detonation. Given my situation, I can't really think of any other modification that'll give me a decent increase in power given the amount of money spent without risking a meltdown.

I'm trying to decide which Meth Injection kit is right for my application. After doing a little searching, there's a huge variety of different kits.

From what I understand, a dyno tune should be utilized to maximize the benefits of meth injection by running more aggressive timing, and A/F ratios. But even without a custom dyno tune, there are still impressive gains to be had with a meth kit, holding all else constant. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I mean, even if it doesn't add any power straight out of the box, it can't do any damage without a custom tune right? Much the same way an ice cold intercooler or higher octane gas won't cause any damage?

Homer

Well, I have only had the car a day since picking up from tuner, but so far so good on the meth lol.

But seriously, just bolting it on wont gain you hp. You have to re-tune. The hole gyst of it is that it allows you to crank up the timing and PSI by keeping the air cool. Similar to how intercooler essentially adds HP.

The system I went with is Devil's Own. Stage 2. It was like $375. You can check it out on the website, just google it. My installer said it was thier preferred, safest one out there, so they sold me. Starts squirtin at 6 psi of boost. Said he tuned it so even if the pump failed and I sprayed nothing would only knock about 3 degrees off timing or .3 on the ratio or something like that. I am not a tuner so I wasnt quite following him. All I know is I said" So if it fails, it wont blow up?" and he chuckled and said no.

So I dont think he is pushing things to hard with my setup. Put just enough in it to get me to 460 horse, and still be safe. I am happy. The combo of headers, blower cams, meth, have made me feel like I have a new car. So far it has been money well spent.

Hope that helps!

harvboi05

Established Member
I went from that exact Intercooler to a TR12 treadstone and seen 5lbs of boost increase you are way over the flow capabilities of that Intercooler.

youre saying you switched to the TR12 and picked up 5psi? im sure youre right, but my IATs are similar to what they were prior to swapping pullies. however, i have yet to do more than a single gear pull..

edit: VS racing claims this size core is good to ~750

Last edited:

harvboi05

Established Member
New numbers kinda:

1. 4V stock b heads
2. Novi 2k
3. Wisecos ~9.2
4. stock heads
5. stock 98 cobra cams
6. stock intake
7. Cx racing 12x24x3
8. Arh 1.75 LT 3" or x pipe. 2.5" catback
9. Stock crank pulley, 2.9 RR blower pulley, gates 111.5" dayco
10. 17 psi @ 6.4
11. 4" intake

I woulda kept revving but I tossed an idler pulley on the highway and needed a tow home. Lol.

I thought my belt was slipping but I just had a huge boost leak.
Makes about 4psi more everywhere. I was hoping for 18ish.

i took it to ~6.9k and i think i might have seen 20psi. my IATs only increase by a few degrees over a two gear pull so i dont think im running out of FMIC either. im gunna try and get my boost gauge on film to verify.

anyone else pushed a novi this hard to compare things to?

schacher94gt

Established Member
1. 4V C heads
2. V1
3. 10.1
4. Ported Heads? No
5. What Cams? 97 Cobra Cams
6. What intake? 04 Mach 1
7. Intercooled(A/A) or Aftercooled or NO Cooler? No
8. Exhaust Combo? BBK LTs, H pipe, Flowmaster DUMPS
9. 3.33, stock crank, I think 112.3
10. 9 psi at 6500
11. Powerpipe? Anderson
12. 490/410 on a mustang dyno on a 100+ degree day

97snakebite

Established Member
2004 Mach 1
1. 4V C-heads stock stroke
2. Procharger D1SC
3. 9.3:1
4. Ported Heads? NO
5. What Cams? 96-98 cobras
6. What intake? Ported upper with 65mm accufab and 1/2 intake spacer
7. Intercooled Procharger 3" race IC
8. Exhaust Combo BBK heaaders, bbx x, magnaflow mufflers, flow master tails
9. Pulley Combo 3.5 s/c 7.5 crank 108-1/8 8 Rib
10. Amount of Boost you are seeing at X RPM. 20# @ 6300
11. Powerpipe? Anderson
12. 685rwhp/577rwtq

E-85 FTW:rockon::banana::pepper::beer::dancenana:

:eek: on a D1!! :bowdown: i just laughed at my P1 hopes:cryying:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I laid down 730/603 yesterday on 93 oct. With 23.9 psi and15 degrees of timing. Very happy and fully expect 900rwhp with race fuel and more timing.

mattalope

96 cobra 441 rwhp 386 lb
Established Member
96 cobra with 96 timing cover
1. 4V stock 96 heads
2. Vortech V2 sc
3. Stock 96 block
4. Stock 96 heads
5. Stock 96 cams
6. Stock 96 intake
7. No cooler
8. Jba shorty headers, off road x pipe, bassani cat back
9. 3.6 Vortech pulley, stock crank pulley,
10. 10.7PSI at 6500 rpm
11. Afm powerpipe
12. 441rwhp 386 ft lb on mustang dyno

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
just a follow up from my earlier post, here is a graph that shows the engine RPM and boost (at the bottom) and the air fuel ratio at the top. The extra lines above and below the AFR are the failsafe limits I set up with the datalogging software.

I made a peak of 10.4 LBS of boost at around 6759 RPM.
6ff85dc0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread