The Official Centrifugal Pulley/Boost Combo Thread!!!

Chances50

Established Member
Stock '04 cobra long block
'01 intake cams swapped in instead of the '04 cobra intake cams
Ported '01 intake
Stock logs, bassani 2 1/2 cb & Bassani 2 1/2 x pipe
T56
4.30 rear gear
Procharger D1 sc with 3.2 riechard pulley
Stock 01 Cobra crank pulley
meizre ewp
8 rib conversion with thumper tensioner
23 pounds of boost
big ic which looks like a ebay cooler ( I don't know the brand)
green belt
Procharger Big Red Enclosed Race Valve & running it recirculating

Numbers hopefully soon after breaking in the new clutch, maybe another week or so.

Previous number was 552rwhp with 14 degrees timing, 6rib slipping, about 15 pounds, & spinning on the dyno. I had the 275 nittos on back & everytime around 5 grand the car would start to spin. Think the rollers were a little worn cause it def aint like my car was making enough to be doing all that:lol1:

Anybody have any guess what the car will make now? One guy says 700 which I think is very high, Im guessing 600. Oh yeah, I have 315 mickeys on the back now so that spinning should'nt be a issue now. I also picked up 6 pounds of boost with the green belt/8rib/thumper combo.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

mid/low 600's on 91. now if you were running e85 700+.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ If you're running 91 on 22 psi I say 0hp because that motor will blow up before you get done tuning.. Unless you're running meth or something, but straight 91 not happenin..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ My bad my bad.. Btw Pete you should hear what phase 2 of my build is gunna be hahahaha.

Blackedout

Established Member
Stock '04 cobra long block
'01 intake cams swapped in instead of the '04 cobra intake cams
Ported '01 intake
Stock logs, bassani 2 1/2 cb & Bassani 2 1/2 x pipe
T56
4.30 rear gear
Procharger D1 sc with 3.2 riechard pulley
Stock 01 Cobra crank pulley
meizre ewp
8 rib conversion with thumper tensioner
23 pounds of boost
big ic which looks like a ebay cooler ( I don't know the brand)
green belt
Procharger Big Red Enclosed Race Valve & running it recirculating

Numbers hopefully soon after breaking in the new clutch, maybe another week or so.

Previous number was 552rwhp with 14 degrees timing, 6rib slipping, about 15 pounds, & spinning on the dyno. I had the 275 nittos on back & everytime around 5 grand the car would start to spin. Think the rollers were a little worn cause it def aint like my car was making enough to be doing all that:lol1:

Anybody have any guess what the car will make now? One guy says 700 which I think is very high, Im guessing 600. Oh yeah, I have 315 mickeys on the back now so that spinning should'nt be a issue now. I also picked up 6 pounds of boost with the green belt/8rib/thumper combo.

Jamie R.

Interested to see what the hp/tq numbers are... :pop:

Jamie R.

Established Member
I'm not on 91 octane, we have 93 over here in ga. It did show 575 but I wanted it safe so we backed it down some and came up with 552. The pump tune and race gas tunes were already made when it was spinning on the dyno with 15 pounds, well at least as they couldve been made. This next time is mostly just to see what numbers it makes since the tunes were already made. It did'nt detonate any with 16 degrees after we amazingly found 6 pounds after with the 8rib/green belt/thumper tensioner combo which ended up at 23 pounds. The combo was doing 17 pounds but after slipping the belt and 9 pulls on the dyno it had gotten down to 15 so the 6 pound increase we were basing on the 17 we had before. My bud that tuned the car did'nt believe me when I said it was pegging the boost gauge that was in the car and he said I've gotta see this. He had a 30 pound gauge and took the car for a spin and came back with a amazed look and said dangit it is doing 23:lol1:. My bud slo984now says my car is freak for what it's doing:lol1:. The previous clutch slipped on a different dyno than before when we were going to see what it would do since we had 23 pounds now. The clutch was so close to being good but it slipped at about 20 pounds so that's why I don't have a number on the 23 pounds yet and I'm on my new clutch break in period now. Hopefully in a week or so I'll have the clutch break in behind me and then we'll get the car on the rollers again. My bud tuning the car says my 14 degrees is lame and that it'll take more but I wanted it to be super safe. My bud tuned a term engine swapped saleen with a whipple & 35 shot to 650 and that car has more timing than mine does. Hopefully this clutch will hold for me and then engine stays together so I can at least call it a dyno queen if I don't do any thing else with it:lol1:.

Jamie R.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Yeah, yeah, I've heard this 10 sec pass from more than one person before;-).
D said it's gonna run 10's on pump gas, so I think I might just take it to the track and not let anybody know I'm going so I won't have the pressure on me:-D.

Jamie R.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Im not saying I wanna throw more in it on 93, I was just stating a difference in my car vs my buddies whippled car on 19 pounds. It is and has been running fine on pump 93 on the street tune with 23 psi though, it's all in the tune. Hey this combo has far exceeded what my thoughts were when I was getting everything together cause I was just shooting for 500 and my buddies that put all this in said I'd be over 500 and I was like nawww.

Jamie R.

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Something is very wrong here. Unless pro charger are way different then vortechs it seems to me a 3.12 pulley would not net 23 psi unless it was over driven in a big way. I think there is a restriction causing your boost number to be inaccurate. If your "bud" was a good tuner there is no way he would be ok with running 23psi on pump gas. Looking at your previous posts and the inconsistency of your boost numbers my guess is that something is not right. Also I would not compare peak numbers with a whipple and a pro charger. 2 different kinds of efficiency there. Just my .02

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Something is very wrong here. Unless pro charger are way different then vortechs it seems to me a 3.12 pulley would not net 23 psi unless it was over driven in a big way. I think there is a restriction causing your boost number to be inaccurate. If your "bud" was a good tuner there is no way he would be ok with running 23psi on pump gas. Looking at your previous posts and the inconsistency of your boost numbers my guess is that something is not right. Also I would not compare peak numbers with a whipple and a pro charger. 2 different kinds of efficiency there. Just my .02

Pete, prochargers are way different than vortech's.. Prochargers have a different step up ratio internally so they don't have to run smaller pulleys to make boost. The inconsistency with the boost before was due to belt slip.. :beer:

Stanger00

Established Member
I'm not on 91 octane, we have 93 over here in ga. It did show 575 but I wanted it safe so we backed it down some and came up with 552. The pump tune and race gas tunes were already made when it was spinning on the dyno with 15 pounds, well at least as they couldve been made. This next time is mostly just to see what numbers it makes since the tunes were already made. It did'nt detonate any with 16 degrees after we amazingly found 6 pounds after with the 8rib/green belt/thumper tensioner combo which ended up at 23 pounds. The combo was doing 17 pounds but after slipping the belt and 9 pulls on the dyno it had gotten down to 15 so the 6 pound increase we were basing on the 17 we had before. My bud that tuned the car did'nt believe me when I said it was pegging the boost gauge that was in the car and he said I've gotta see this. He had a 30 pound gauge and took the car for a spin and came back with a amazed look and said dangit it is doing 23:lol1:. My bud slo984now says my car is freak for what it's doing:lol1:. The previous clutch slipped on a different dyno than before when we were going to see what it would do since we had 23 pounds now. The clutch was so close to being good but it slipped at about 20 pounds so that's why I don't have a number on the 23 pounds yet and I'm on my new clutch break in period now. Hopefully in a week or so I'll have the clutch break in behind me and then we'll get the car on the rollers again. My bud tuning the car says my 14 degrees is lame and that it'll take more but I wanted it to be super safe. My bud tuned a term engine swapped saleen with a whipple & 35 shot to 650 and that car has more timing than mine does. Hopefully this clutch will hold for me and then engine stays together so I can at least call it a dyno queen if I don't do any thing else with it:lol1:.

Jamie R.

23 psi with pump gas just seems like a risk...With 23 psi I would hope for mid 600's with 110 octane but those stock logs are holding you back.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Pete, prochargers are way different than vortech's.. Prochargers have a different step up ratio internally so they don't have to run smaller pulleys to make boost. The inconsistency with the boost before was due to belt slip.. :beer:

Got it. Damn there step up ratio must be waaaay different. A lot more aggressive thats for sure. Either way 23 psi on 93 octane sounds like a time bomb. But to each his own!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea a Procharger's setup ratio for a D1 is 4.10, when you get into the F1 series is a 5.10 iirc..

Jamie R.

Established Member
There has been no inconsistency with the boost numbers, it made 17 psi with a brand new belt, after 9 pulls on the dyno the belt had started slipping and we were down to 15 psi. Added the 8rib/green belt/thumper tensioner and picked up to 23psi. One thing I did have wrong in the original post was the 01 cobra crank pulley, because with the 8rib swap we used a navigator crank pulley but it was the same size dimension as the cobra crank pulley. We will make sure to put the dyno run on vid for yall. He likes high boost numbers because he has a 750 awhp evo that injests 40 pounds :-D

Jamie R.

Users who are viewing this thread