The official addiction thread

Zemedici

Established Member
My father was an alcoholic. not a mean one but he def. had a drinking problem. he up and quit one day and never took another drink. He maintained till the day he died that he could smell a bottle being opened a couple blocks away and that if he were to walk into a bar and take a drink he would not come out sober. it take a person with a very strong constitution to just quit and be successful but it can be done.

My dad's 28 years sober, thanks to AA. And 8 or something DUI's.

Lining things up to get him a GT500 for his 30 year anny.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Someone’s idea of “drinks too much” holds no weight if you sit in a chair all day.
My now ex would say I drank too much.

But at the same time she would get drunk off 2-3 drinks and act insane. I can be 8 down and still just relax in my chair and be fine

So 3 to her was too much, 3 to me is “ dinner isn’t here yet”

Zemedici

Established Member
My now ex would say I drank too much.

But at the same time she would get drunk off 2-3 drinks and act insane. I can be 8 down and still just relax in my chair and be fine

So 3 to her was too much, 3 to me is “ dinner isn’t here yet”

My brother's old lady is like that, she came in SHITFACED one night when I was staying with him, after having 1 long island, and it was 8:30 lolol

VegasMichael

Established Member
My father was an alcoholic. not a mean one but he def. had a drinking problem. he up and quit one day and never took another drink. He maintained till the day he died that he could smell a bottle being opened a couple blocks away and that if he were to walk into a bar and take a drink he would not come out sober. it take a person with a very strong constitution to just quit and be successful but it can be done.
I've known several people who were heavy drinkers that just up and stopped and never touched a drop again. Usually it takes an unfortunate catalyst of some kind to quit or, as in my case--which is why I'm trying to do something about my drinking--the fear of having to confront such a catalyst.

FJohnny

Established Member
My brother's old lady is like that, she came in SHITFACED one night when I was staying with him, after having 1 long island, and it was 8:30 lolol

Ha ha....the old "But I only had one drink" trick. Hope she didn't try to piece-of-tail you.

One long island, made correctly, entirely consumed on an empty stomach, especially if done by a female, will mess a girl up.

One long Island, made in a large enough glass with a generous enough free pour, will mess anyone up. The dangers of hard liquor. One guy gets 25 drinks to a bottle, another only 4.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Ha ha....the old "But I only had one drink" trick. Hope she didn't try to piece-of-tail you.

One long Island, made in a large enough glass with a generous enough free pour, will mess anyone up. The dangers of hard liquor. One guy gets 25 drinks to a bottle, another only 4.
A lot of bars have a two Long Island limit. One Long Island is roughly the equivalent of almost 5 drinks.

Zemedici

Established Member
A lot of bars have a two Long Island limit. One Long Island is roughly the equivalent of almost 5 drinks.

One long island, made correctly, entirely consumed on an empty stomach, especially if done by a female, will mess a girl up.

Yeah I understand Long Islands are strong drinks, but she REALLY only had one drink (showed us the receipt) and no chance in hell the town Applebee's is over pouring....known plenty of people to have them. lololol

FJohnny

Established Member
Wow! Now that's a drink.☝ That would do her all right.

A few years back I bought a good fuel cell based breathalyzer. I had discovered that my nephews, nieces and my kids were mixing drinks like that at our Sunday dinners at my folks' house. Hard to keep track of 17 sneaky little effers so they just had to line up and blow to be able to drive away when it was time to leave.

The blowing and guessing the number became it's own drinking game. Sometimes a good idea goes bad.

ziggity

Established Member
Coffee and rockstars for sure lol since working shiftwork I have deff become addicted to caffeine.

Equalbracket

Established Member
I've known several people who were heavy drinkers that just up and stopped and never touched a drop again. Usually it takes an unfortunate catalyst of some kind to quit or, as in my case--which is why I'm trying to do something about my drinking--the fear of having to confront such a catalyst.

My father was an alcoholic, you’d never see him drink, ever. He’d pound a bottle of gin just to maintain. It’s hard to understand and see it as a disease when you’re young. He quit cold turkey and died of renal failure when I was 15.

He was the nicest most charming drunk, but I see him when I’m around someone that’s shitfaced and I guess it triggers an angry mood from memories of him passing out while driving and crossing the center line on highways. I forgave him but I avoid those situations and haven’t been intoxicated myself since I got a free get out of jail card one night 7 years ago. That doesn’t happen twice.

I know lots of people that drink 8-12 beers every single evening, get up at 5 go to work, go home and drink, rinse and repeat. Teachers, master tradesman, engineers, ceos. Pilots. LEOs. Hell my grandfather always had a big cooler in the back of his truck full of ice and miller lite, and one in his hand or lap from 4:30 to bedtime for 40 years, and pilot for the sheriffs department for 25.

Sure feels like we’re going the wrong way in society, there’s a name and pill for every thing, kids are such pussies now unable to even defend themselves in school, given special treatment and coddled throughout their education, of which is total shit when you have your hand held so you can pass a test so teachers keep a job and the district keeps their state funding.

VegasMichael

Established Member
My father was an alcoholic, you’d never see him drink, ever. He’d pound a bottle of gin just to maintain. It’s hard to understand and see it as a disease when you’re young. He quit cold turkey and died of renal failure when I was 15.

He was the nicest most charming drunk, but I see him when I’m around someone that’s shitfaced and I guess it triggers an angry mood from memories of him passing out while driving and crossing the center line on highways. I forgave him but I avoid those situations and haven’t been intoxicated myself since I got a free get out of jail card one night 7 years ago. That doesn’t happen twice.

I know lots of people that drink 8-12 beers every single evening, get up at 5 go to work, go home and drink, rinse and repeat. Teachers, master tradesman, engineers, ceos. Pilots. LEOs. Hell my grandfather always had a big cooler in the back of his truck full of ice and miller lite, and one in his hand or lap from 4:30 to bedtime for 40 years, and pilot for the sheriffs department for 25.

Sure feels like we’re going the wrong way in society, there’s a name and pill for every thing, kids are such pussies now unable to even defend themselves in school, given special treatment and coddled throughout their education, of which is total shit when you have your hand held so you can pass a test so teachers keep a job and the district keeps their state funding.
You met that catalyst I was referring to when you got your get out of jail free card and haven't been drunk since. Glad for you. I could write tomes about your last paragraph since I'm a teacher but it wouldn't change anything.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Yeah I understand Long Islands are strong drinks, but she REALLY only had one drink (showed us the receipt) and no chance in hell the town Applebee's is over pouring....known plenty of people to have them. lololol
maybe she only bought one drink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Equalbracket

Established Member
You met that catalyst I was referring to when you got your get out of jail free card and haven't been drunk since. Glad for you. I could write tomes about your last paragraph since I'm a teacher but it wouldn't change anything.

Change my opinion you mean? Certainly welcome to the idea. My mother taught for 30 years and having a kid in school now my opinion is based on first hand knowledge, but of course it’s limited to my area.

Takes a special person to want to be a teacher.

MG0h3

Established Member
Change my opinion you mean? Certainly welcome to the idea. My mother taught for 30 years and having a kid in school now my opinion is based on first hand knowledge, but of course it’s limited to my area.

Takes a special person to want to be a teacher.
I may be misinterpreting things but from everything I've seen, Michael is a dedicated and caring educator.

Again, I may have misunderstood your post Equal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread