The official addiction thread

VegasMichael

Established Member
Change my opinion you mean? Certainly welcome to the idea. My mother taught for 30 years and having a kid in school now my opinion is based on first hand knowledge, but of course it’s limited to my area.

Takes a special person to want to be a teacher.
No. I agree with you. The downfall started about 10 years ago.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
my only addiction is caffeine but i can function without it, i mainly do it to remain at a high level for work. my dad was a borderline alcoholic back in the day. used to have a few glasses of jack daniels every night. i never got into drinking very much, guess the addiction gene didn't pass on to me

VegasMichael

Established Member
Remember this: Don't feel embarrassed if you have an addiction. The strength you have inside of you comes from your willingness to admit it. We have many people on this site who are willing to lend an ear or a shoulder. Seek us out if you need help.

rborden

Established Member
100%. If i don’t have caffeine every few hours the headache seeps it’s way in, to start....

It's actually the processed sugar and high fructose corn syrup you're addicted to.

I had a trainer tell me sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine. I did not believe her but once I did the research, was amazed to find out she was right.

When that headache starts to creep in eat an orange or an apple or some bananas and strawberries. Replace processed sugars with natural sugars and drink lots and lots of water. You'll be off it completely in under 2 weeks.

You'll feel crappy at first because your body is detoxing itself and flushing all that junk out of your kidneys and liver, but it will pass.

Users who are viewing this thread