The Mach Stomps Another Z28!!!

StangJason

Established Member
32V GT said:
Mods? That sounds pretty unlikely unless your boosted/or he was spinning BADLY.

Here we go again...When will everyone learn that Z28s are unbeatable on message boards :rolleyes:

btw nice kill!

MustangFreak

Established Member
I knew this guy who had a really loud car and he thought it would do 12's. It sounded like it could go that fast, but he ended up running 15.8 @ 88mph.

Just because he said it was a loud car, doesn't mean it was fast.

A Z28 (even a LS1) is only a low 13 second car. The Mach1 has been proven to be pretty equal to a LS1 when both stock with the top end (120mph and up) edge going to the LS1. This site is pretty incredible. I am trying to remember if it has always been this way and I am finally getting tired of everyone questioning posts, or if it has just recently gotten worse?

Whatever......

SLVRF16

Established Member
I just don't see a Mach 1 coming that close to an LS1. The way I see it, the Mach is about the same weight as the Terminator but is down about 70hp. If a stock Terminator traps 107-111mph, how can the Mach be similiar? I just don't get it. :shrug:

-M

vadorsnake04

Established Member
my terminator stock trapped 114mph. I have watched in person mach's with jus some drag radials run 13.1's all day.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
SLVRF16 said:
I just don't see a Mach 1 coming that close to an LS1. The way I see it, the Mach is about the same weight as the Terminator but is down about 70hp. If a stock Terminator traps 107-111mph, how can the Mach be similiar? I just don't get it. :shrug:

-M

Weight the same as a Terminator? Cant be serious. Machs normally weight in under 3400lb. Mine weighted in at 3450 WITH ME IN IT.... Im 205lb.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
SLVRF16 said:

-M
Yeah dude, a Mach 1 has an all aluminum engine vs the Cobra's iron block, Mach 1 has a straight axle vs the Cobra's IRS, just between those two little items, the Mach 1 is a couple hundred pounds lighter.

SLVRF16

Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
Weight the same as a Terminator? Cant be serious. Machs normally weight in under 3400lb. Mine weighted in at 3450 WITH ME IN IT.... Im 205lb.

Ok, so the average Terminator weighs in at 3665lbs. That's just about 200lbs which is about 20hp. So where is the other 50hp advantage?? :dw:

-M

SLVRF16

Established Member
vadorsnake04 said:
my terminator stock trapped 114mph. I have watched in person mach's with jus some drag radials run 13.1's all day.

YOUR terminator trapped that, but the average one doesn't. Especially on 91 octane.. I still stand by my case that the performance difference between the terminator and mach should be pretty drastic, yet Mach 1 owners are talking as if they aren't. The hp numbers don't lie..

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Your being hypothetical. Machs also have a solid axle, better for launching. You cant argue weights, because every car is different. Machs normally weight in around 3200 - 3400. Cobras weight in around 3600-3800lb's. This arguement will not go anywhere. Lets keep to subject of the thread, and not turn this into a mach vs cobra, or mach vs z28 thread.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Cobra's are high to mid 12 second cars, machs are mid to low 13 second cars. Its pretty simple actually.

ibepressin

Established Member
Nice kill. Is it really so hard to beleive that a couple of cars that are within a couple of tenths of eachother in the 1/4 would end up this way? Even if a ls1 is faster stock "which I don't think so" the mach is only a mod away from winning. We all know most of these kind of cars stay stock anyway. :rollseyes

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
In before the chevy guys :coolman: Good kill.
A little more info would be nice next time.
Anyone ever heard of the driver mod. :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread